Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: Do you plan to get this recall if you had a choice?
Yes 245 15.30%
No 1,356 84.70%
Voters: 1601. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #1639
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
So many wrongs here. \

84% doesn't mean they are not happy, just that they are keeping their current key.

Complaining in social media does quite a bit, probably not in this case, but yes GM actually knows and monitoring this thread.

Recall letters are sent all the time. Why is this one so special that you would go to those lenghts? It doesn't mean you must go get your key swapped. It just a way to formally notify you so GM is completely covered against any lawsuits if you your knee kills your car and causes a wreck.

No one is being forced to change their keys, so no one should be unhappy.

CYA! In these times, with such stupid people, companies are FORCED to do these idiotic things to protect themselves.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #1640
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Looks like Chrysler is doing the same recall, just saw it on the news..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #1641
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

No one is being forced to change their keys, so no one should be unhappy.
Yes and no, there are many that will be unhappy with the way the fob will look when they get them back, as well as many here that what to get it done and don't like the decision GM choose to fix the problem..

But yes your right nobody is being forced to get it done, with the exception of the dealerships, and those that have their cars on hold till they get the recall performed..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #1642
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
The photo of the new design should be in the OP, and on the home page!!! *rolls eyes*
libertyforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:24 PM   #1643
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Maybe you should call Robbins Chevrolet in Humble and tell them they are FOS then. Because their GSM just informed me yesterday that they have an order of blanks on the way to be cut at their dealership. My car was purchased yesterday at another dealer though and is in my garage as we speak. Brand spankin' new, complete with two switchblade keys that will be handled by one of my local dealers as part of the open recall.
Why would you have the recall done if you already have the car? You do realize they're just going to break your fobs? The dealer in Humble may or may not be full of shit. I don't really care. I'm just going off what the recall states. Truly all I want is my ****ing car.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #1644
Darwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Yes and no, there are many that will be unhappy with the way the fob will look when they get them back, as well as many here that what to get it done and don't like the decision GM choose to fix the problem..

But yes your right nobody is being forced to get it done, with the exception of the dealerships, and those that have their cars on hold till they get the recall performed..
This. The recall is being force on me. The only option I have to not have the recall performed is to demand a refund on the car.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:36 PM   #1645
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
Easier solution I posted earlier in this thread, twist the key blade so the key sits in the started position and an absolute 12-6 position (total vertical), or even better a 1-7 position as on a clock. The position it is in now will turn off if hit, because of the 10-4 position it is in.
A simple solution to both this and the cobalt problem is make the ignition lock similar to a prescription child safety cap. To turn the key you have to push in first and then rotate, once you release the key it pops back into a locked position and can not be turned to off unless you push in on the key again to rotate it.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #1646
Darwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
A simple solution to both this and the cobalt problem is make the ignition lock similar to a prescription child safety cap. To turn the key you have to push in first and then rotate, once you release the key it pops back into a locked position and can not be turned to off unless you push in on the key again to rotate it.
Is that not how the key is removed from the ignition? Most ignitions are like that however since I don't have a camaro due to obvious reasons I can't go out to determine this.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:43 PM   #1647
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwood View Post
Is that not how the key is removed from the ignition? Most ignitions are like that however since I don't have a camaro due to obvious reasons I can't go out to determine this.
I am not talking about removing the key, but not let it rotate unless it is pushed in... It locks in place in the run position until you push in and then turn it.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #1648
onewaydave
Innocent Bystander

Drives: 2013 ZL1 BRM/2002 35th SS/2009 GMC
Only if I get a start button, so the fob stays in my pocket.

Living on the RaGgEd EdGe!
onewaydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:01 AM   #1649
Darwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I am not talking about removing the key, but not let it rotate unless it is pushed in... It locks in place in the run position until you push in and then turn it.
Right, but is that not the same action that you have to perform to currently remove the key? It is in my current car.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:02 AM   #1650
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Got my oil changed from a dealership this past weekend. The dealer said that he has gotten a lot of calls about the recall.

He then also in front of me checked the GM systems for recall. Nothing, nada, zilch, about any key replacements for the Camaros. He thinks it will probably take months before most receive the letter!
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:16 AM   #1651
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Right, but is that not the same action that you have to perform to currently remove the key? It is in my current car.
I don't know about the manual transmission Camaros but on the automatics you don't, you just need to put it in park.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:08 AM   #1652
DarthZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Nope. Not in my ZL1 M6 (2014). Just turn and take it out. I haven' had to do that for... literally decades in a car. I seem to remember a Porsche I had did that.
--- DarthZL1 - 2014 ZL1 #2095 M6 Black. Bone Stock ---
--- BigNLo - 1996 Impala SS Hot Rod Black. Lots of mods ---
DarthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, camaro, new camaro, question, recall