Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #43
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Can be pretty difficult to find an exhaust combo open enough to have a loud deep rumble at idle, yet not be outta control and have rasp when your getting on it.

A resonated X pipe or something very similar will basically be required to keep the rasp at a resonable level, but it will also mellow out the sound at idle. Also, mufflers like Magnaflow, Borla, and JBA do a good job at cutting the rasp, but on their own won't have the deep rumble you are looking for.

It won't be cheap, but basically to achieve this sound the best, your going to need long tube headers (OBX, BBK, ARH, SSW...take your pick), a resonated X pipe and muffler of your choosing, or a cat-back with resonator included (SOLO, ARK, Magnaflow and others)
Old 12-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #44
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
and op, if you ever decide to throw on a long tube header in the future you might want to keep those extra mufflers. right now those mflow x might be just right since its still somewhat subtle due to your factory header but once you remove that things will get raspy again unless you have something that will support the mflow x.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #45
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
The Magnaflows are pretty quiet set up with stock manifold, but they work really well with LT headers IMO.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #46
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
The Magnaflows are pretty quiet set up with stock manifold, but they work really well with LT headers IMO.
I thought that too but I remember when camaroc5 just used the mflow perforated x with his long tube and it was LOUD and raspy. I'm sure everyone has their own definition of what is loud and raspy but just something to keep in mind
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #47
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I thought that too but I remember when camaroc5 just used the mflow perforated x with his long tube and it was LOUD and raspy. I'm sure everyone has their own definition of what is loud and raspy but just something to keep in mind
Oh yeah I don't really think of the res x as a muffler, even though it is classified. I was refering more to magnaflow axle back. Just the res x may be loud without the LT's.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #48
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
i thought ar25 is supposed to be highflow. well anyway. someone one should try a highflow resonator with their axleback and see how it sounds.
Ar 25s w/MRT V1 (which are also AR25s)