Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #15
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
I'm a white chick born in Dallas!!!
we need proof. pics next to car will suffice.
I find my self driving in the passing lane on the 400 in buffalo NY. its 65 and most go 55-60 for some reason. So by the time i pass someone im catching up to the next slow poke. It really sucks when your passing people on the road when your coming up the on ramp. of course my car can do well over 65 on a 35mph on ramp without a problem. No I dont really speed but it can do it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:17 AM   #16
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
....Texas cops, suck. Pulled over twice in 10 minutes within 1 hour of entering Texas. First cop stopped me and I reached for my license and he disappeared. I was doing like 82 in a 75 so I don't see what the deal was at 12 at night...
Here's the big deal... the limit was 75 and you knew it. He should've written you. Especially at night.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:28 AM   #17
luis550

Drives: 2013 2lt
i'm originally from colorado and when i go back home to visit. When i went last august i only saw one other camaro in aurora. I get a lot of attention and i love it. In texas, not so much. there are a lot of camaros,mustangs,challengers,chargers and a lot of trucks.
luis550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #18
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
SO SORRY your travel through TEXAS was not a good experience! Our state is being invaded by illegals and drug trafficking and even I have been subject to inspections when I go to a boarder location...I'm a white chick born in Dallas!!! Please let myself or one of the other D/FW members know if you come back our way so we can show you a true TEXAS welcome!
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #19
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Here's the big deal... the limit was 75 and you knew it. He should've written you. Especially at night.
You're probably the guy going 70 in the left lane (in a 75), but you preach traffic laws. Law enforcement has bigger problems than pulling some one over who's going a few mph over the speed limit in a low-traffic environment. There was probably 3 disabled vehicles within 15 miles that would have been time better spent than stopping some one who may have been speeding for less than a mile due to minor acceleration.

If you can't recognize that traffic stops for minor speeding infractions are nothing more than revenue for the department or an attempt to discover more illegal activity, than you are clueless.

Get off your high horse.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #20
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Texas is #1 in Camaro sales.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #21
DeanCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Here in san antonio, we have a bunch of v6 camaros. Not nearly as many v8's as there are v6s. But eh its nice seeing so many camaros.
DeanCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #22
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
Texas is #1 in Camaro sales.
Texas is no. 1 in allowing Camaros to speed legally.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #23
GreaseMonkey

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
I look at it this way of I'm going to be going fast and passing people up then yes I will get into the left lane , but if its a 2 lane highway (290) and the speed I'm going would make it so I'm following to closely to the guy in the right lane and there is no one for miles behind me then yes I will use the left lane . If someone comes up behind me I will gladly move over . I might've saw you I usually wave to people that have mods on their car as it's a higher chance of it being a C5 member . You'll have to come back through sometime !
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #24
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Don't challenge the left lane drivers in TX..... might engage stand your ground low.

Heck everyone has a gun in the window of the pickup...
Old 06-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #25
JCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post

Heck everyone has a gun in the window of the pickup...
sounds like my kind of place
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 06-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #26
JCunningham

most cops set there radar at 80mph no mater what the speed is over 65mph. Do you really want some 80 somthing POS with tires as old as it or walmart specials going above 80 on the road. You set off his radar that makes a loud irritating beeping so of course hes going to pull you over.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #27
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
Its a passing lane, not a travel lane. Can I have the cops name so I can thank him for enforcing that law. more cops need to.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #28
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
SO SORRY your travel through TEXAS was not a good experience! Our state is being invaded by illegals and drug trafficking and even I have been subject to inspections when I go to a boarder location...I'm a white chick born in Dallas!!! Please let myself or one of the other D/FW members know if you come back our way so we can show you a true TEXAS welcome!
Thank you very much!! Much appreciated. I saw a few girl camaro drivers, I thought it was so awesome. Haha doesn't happen here.

I can't quote everybody so I'll just touch on the speeding thing. I absolutely in no way think I was innocent for speeding. I thought I was getting a ticket for speeding but he literally disappeared, neither of us even saw him drive away. I was thankful.

The 2nd cop saw me driving through a city going the exact mph mind you. He flipped around and followed me through the whole city and then pulled me over for a light that isn't out. He just wanted to see if I was drunk I guess, but that's a ridiculous stop. Again, just laughed it off.

From New Mexico to Wichita falls on 287 was literally just a speed trap. On my way back (we counted) we saw 14 people pulled over going through. I don't think speeding and driving like a maniac is cool, it bothers me. I had my cruise set to 80 in a 75, big deal. There is NOTHING out there, it's just fields for tons of miles. It happens in Colorado too I'm sure, but if my tax dollars go to employing cops to pull over people going 80's in a 75 in a desolate area at 12 at night, I find that ridiculous. Always thought cops were for crime, not for hiding in trees in the dark in the middle of the night.

As far as the left lane goes...I think people just think they're entitled to whatever lane they please
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote