Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Deceptive Fast

I know, I know.

These cars are slow. These cars don't feel like 400+ hp should feel. I know, you got smoked by a civic with a K+N filter mod.

STOP IT!!!!

I am just after 2000 miles and have let my car really go a bunch more. Only mods are VMAX TB and AEM air filter (APEX catch can too, but no difference).

The Camaro would WALK my G35X and it gets going so hard after 4000 RPM that I gotta get off it and catch my breathe.

The ride is so rock solid smooth, and even the NPP with the windows up seems a bit quiet, but I have no idea how anyone complains, this car is silly fast!

In college I drove a crappy built 383 stroker motor Camaro and my car now would eat it all day long.

Love me my Gen5. Glad Oshawa built it.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
You cant deny the speed lol.

And or the adrenaline rush.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
lol. I don't think people realize how fast it is. It feels slow if you aren't looking at the speedo. I took my mom for a ride in it a few weeks ago and punched it from about 20-55 in 3rd and she got pissed lol
Old 08-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #4
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Agreed. Even the V6 with the stock 323 horses could beat muscle cars from back in the day. My dad (he's 52) would tell me all the stuff it would take for a car back in his day to go even as fast my car. It's for sure impressive. I even forget how fast my car can go sometimes

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
lol. I don't think people realize how fast it is. It feels slow if you aren't looking at the speedo. I took my mom for a ride in it a few weeks ago and punched it from about 20-55 in 3rd and she got pissed lol
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

Sexiest thing I have ever seen is a Gen5 Camaro. Brutal fast stock, especially where you want to be (This may not be a drag strip, for other folks taste).
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 08-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Agreed. Even the V6 with the stock 323 horses could beat muscle cars from back in the day. My dad (he's 52) would tell me all the stuff it would take for a car back in his day to go even as fast my car. It's for sure impressive. I even forget how fast my car can go sometimes
Good listening to him and good awareness of your car.

We have NO IDEA how good we have it now. Across all the lines. Enjoy it.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #7
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
I only have a Hustle Car but still love it.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #8
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
I know, I know.

These cars are slow. These cars don't feel like 400+ hp should feel. I know, you got smoked by a civic with a K+N filter mod.

STOP IT!!!!

I am just after 2000 miles and have let my car really go a bunch more. Only mods are VMAX TB and AEM air filter (APEX catch can too, but no difference).

The Camaro would WALK my G35X and it gets going so hard after 4000 RPM that I gotta get off it and catch my breathe.

The ride is so rock solid smooth, and even the NPP with the windows up seems a bit quiet, but I have no idea how anyone complains, this car is silly fast!

In college I drove a crappy built 383 stroker motor Camaro and my car now would eat it all day long.

Love me my Gen5. Glad Oshawa built it.

These Camaro's are deceptively fast whether its a LS3, L99 or a V6....
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #9
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Yep I feel it too. past 4000 rpm and they pull hard. Puts a smile on your face and a tingling feeling inside
Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #10
SS on AMI

Drives: 2017 Red Hot SS
I have been a Ford man all my life....UNTIL on a whim as I was going to buy a new F150 I decided to stop at the local Chevrolet Dealer. I drove a Camaro SS and left with a huge SMILE. I ordered a Red Hot SS and picked it up 3 days later. So the wife got a new car and I am still driving my 2001 F150. I am ok with that as the SS is one hell of a SMILE GENERATOR.It is as fast as i want to go .
SS on AMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #11
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS on AMI View Post
I have been a Ford man all my life....UNTIL on a whim as I was going to buy a new F150 I decided to stop at the local Chevrolet Dealer. I drove a Camaro SS and left with a huge SMILE. I ordered a Red Hot SS and picked it up 3 days later. So the wife got a new car and I am still driving my 2001 F150. I am ok with that as the SS is one hell of a SMILE GENERATOR.It is as fast as i want to go .

Old 08-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #12
rjinotti

Drives: 2011 SGM 1SS A6 & 2014 SW 2SS/RS M6
I am having a blast since I bought my 2012 1LT, which is what I could afford at the time, and working my ass off to be able to trade up with you SS/RS boys {should be 6 months), but for now this V6 with a CAI intake I installed, is a blast to drive and sounds great, I am stoked to have this sneaky fast camaro and cant wait to experience the V8 power on a regular bases....Cool Drivings.....
rjinotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #13
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I know.

I hit 110mph the other day and the hood started flopping around....need to get a hex vent mod started....

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #14
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I know.

I hit 110mph the other day and the hood started flopping around....need to get a hex vent mod started....

Your hood shouldn't be moving at all. Mine doesn't budge