Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
NorCalStorm

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
Idea for Color scheme

Hey everyone! I have a ashen grey 2014 2LT/RS. It currently has already a res. x pipe and straight pipes on it (will soon have borla S Types on it), blacked everything out, added a VIS Racing AMS hood and the chevy blade spoiler (z/28 spoiler). Before i jump into performance, I wanted to make the car pop just a little bit more than it does now! I was thinking of color schemes, stripes, vinyl wraps, and what not. and I came across the chicane mustang which is gray with yellow accents (seen below). I absolutely love this color combo and was wondering if anyone has seen gray with yellow accents on a camaro before? i will not be throwing this much yellow on it because I just want subtle yellow accents such as the calipers, RS badges, and i was thinking of throwing on black hash marks but having a tiny Yellow pinstripe in each of the hash marks.

just curious of your guy's opinions and if anyone has seen this combo before, maybe you could throw a link up to it?!

thanks!
Attached Images

NorCalStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
InsanityStrikesAgain

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS - 14 Silverado Z71 LTZ
I have an AGM as well, went with black accents but this color scheme would be awesome the yellow would really pop on ashen grey! I say go for it
InsanityStrikesAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Yellow is a very viable color option, however the shade and tone of the yellow are very important.

Ashen gray is very close to the darkness of black unless in direct light, unlike the mustang pictured above. However, I don't think it's close enough to contrast with a bright yellow (think Camaro Bumblebee).

A muted yellow could definitely work, but you have to consider paint vs vinyl and whether you would get the 'metallic' look. Options may be limited.

Of course, there's no way to know until you put them side by side. Yellow calipers are pictured on most powder-coating threads, probably the 3rd most common behind black and red.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...95&postcount=4
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1877

Last edited by goinggone14; 09-04-2014 at 02:47 PM.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #4
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I think the yellow will accent the car perfectly
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalStorm View Post
Hey everyone! I have a ashen grey 2014 2LT/RS. It currently has already a res. x pipe and straight pipes on it (will soon have borla S Types on it), blacked everything out, added a VIS Racing AMS hood and the chevy blade spoiler (z/28 spoiler). Before i jump into performance, I wanted to make the car pop just a little bit more than it does now! I was thinking of color schemes, stripes, vinyl wraps, and what not. and I came across the chicane mustang which is gray with yellow accents (seen below). I absolutely love this color combo and was wondering if anyone has seen gray with yellow accents on a camaro before? i will not be throwing this much yellow on it because I just want subtle yellow accents such as the calipers, RS badges, and i was thinking of throwing on black hash marks but having a tiny Yellow pinstripe in each of the hash marks.

just curious of your guy's opinions and if anyone has seen this combo before, maybe you could throw a link up to it?!

thanks!
I forgot that I've seen this color combo on the Porsche 911's. Their calipers are "options" and yellow/gray is frequently selected.

goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Yellow looks good as does orange.