Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #29
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossdusk View Post
Do you have to run a certain lower control arm to clear 18 inch wheels. Read somewhere, if go to a 11 inch wide wheel on the rear have trouble with it clearing some lcas.
The TCA028 and TCA029 lower control arms were designed to accommodate the Weld Racing 17x10" RT-S wheels. No guarantees how they will work with an 11" wide wheel. But I would think with an 18" wheel, you shouldn't have any problems.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:53 AM   #30
JT Camaro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
What did you get?
strut bar STB016...but now i find out the free shipping is only in the US so....there likely goes that
JT Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #31
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Camaro View Post
strut bar STB016...but now i find out the free shipping is only in the US so....there likely goes that
I contemplated doing a strut bar as well but if i do ill likely wait till after the coilovers. I dig BMR's 4 point for the supercharged setup.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #32
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
The TCA028 and TCA029 lower control arms were designed to accommodate the Weld Racing 17x10" RT-S wheels. No guarantees how they will work with an 11" wide wheel. But I would think with an 18" wheel, you shouldn't have any problems.
ok im asking because looking at getting the forgestar f14 semi concave 18 inch by 8.5 up front and 18x11 in the rear, I know I need to find the right offset, but just wanted to be sure.
Whipple running 13 lbs of boost, Innovators west 8 rib with 10 percent over drive crankshaft pulley. Fore level 2 Dual pump fuel system, with duel TI auto fuel pumps, ID 1300 fuel injectors, tuned on e85. Driveshaft shop aluminum driveshaft, 1400 hp half shafts, Detroit tru-trac. ls9 camshaft, CNC ported heads, with trunion and dual valve spring upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, ARP 2000 head studs, Manley stainless valves. Adjustable Bmr toe rods, trailing arms, rear adjustable sway bar, full cradle bushings, upper control arm bushings, BMR diff. bushings, bmr driveshaft safety loop.
camarossdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #33
1sick_eg

Drives: 14 Camaro 1LE,328i, and some Hondas
Wish I had seen this a few days ago. I would've ordered my bushings and lca's. Oh well, I can wait awhile. I need to pull my heads off anyway. *sigh*
1sick_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #34
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick_eg View Post
Wish I had seen this a few days ago. I would've ordered my bushings and lca's. Oh well, I can wait awhile. I need to pull my heads off anyway. *sigh*
That was me when the black friday one came around.. i was in hawaii and the timing just blew. Luckly they ran it again. Im sure theyll be another deal going around sometime this year! Seems to me a lot of people are doing head work these days. Best of luck with your build!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:18 AM   #35
1sick_eg

Drives: 14 Camaro 1LE,328i, and some Hondas
Quote:
That was me when the black friday one came around.. i was in hawaii and the timing just blew. Luckly they ran it again. Im sure theyll be another deal going around sometime this year! Seems to me a lot of people are doing head work these days. Best of luck with your build!
Thanks nighthawk. Yeah I just threw a cam in it a month ago. Going to change the heads and lifters here soon.
1sick_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #36
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Thanks nighthawk. Yeah I just threw a cam in it a month ago. Going to change the heads and lifters here soon.
Howd you like the gains from your cam install? Im thinking of throwing in a custome ground FI cam here soon before i put a maggie on.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #37
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Quote:
nice need to send my heads off too, want to get the exhaust side worked over really good.
Whipple running 13 lbs of boost, Innovators west 8 rib with 10 percent over drive crankshaft pulley. Fore level 2 Dual pump fuel system, with duel TI auto fuel pumps, ID 1300 fuel injectors, tuned on e85. Driveshaft shop aluminum driveshaft, 1400 hp half shafts, Detroit tru-trac. ls9 camshaft, CNC ported heads, with trunion and dual valve spring upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, ARP 2000 head studs, Manley stainless valves. Adjustable Bmr toe rods, trailing arms, rear adjustable sway bar, full cradle bushings, upper control arm bushings, BMR diff. bushings, bmr driveshaft safety loop.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:15 PM   #38
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

I took advantage off the black Friday rear bmr adjustable sway bar, with summit racing 50$ off coupon on top of the 15 percent was able to get it down 219$ shipped to my door. Best deal found so far.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #39
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossdusk View Post
I took advantage off the black Friday rear bmr adjustable sway bar, with summit racing 50$ off coupon on top of the 15 percent was able to get it down 219$ shipped to my door. Best deal found so far.
Wish i would have known this sooner!!!
Tyler is a lot of help though. Had to keep my business rolling thru him.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #40
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Quote:
Wish i would have known this sooner!!!
Tyler is a lot of help though. Had to keep my business rolling thru him.
most everything else went through tyler at jdp and keith with bmr.