Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 03-13-2015, 03:53 AM   #127
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
I would love to see something at the first Indy race on march 29th, its my birthday and Ill be there for my first ever Indy racing

(I know its not possible, but they... I can dream no?)
Old 03-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #128
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
This rumor certainly could be true. Lately the GM marketing folks seem to love debuting cars in odd places at odd times. They revealed the last Camaro in a garage, the full size pickup trucks in a warehouse in the ghetto, several Cadillacs at Pebble Beach. Who knows what they will come up with. Luckily I think the Camaro is still enough of a big deal that it will get plenty of media attention no matter how badly GM marketing may screw up the reveal.

Or it could simply be revealed at the New York auto show. That doesn't seem like a good fit though, especially with the recent Cadillac move.
Sure enough the reveal will be in an odd place at an odd time. Belle Isle two weeks before the Grand Prix. I don't know what the marketing people are smoking at GM.

I hope that it will at least be the pace car for the Belle Isle Grand Prix, if not this will really be a head scratcher. At least we finally know the date!
Old 03-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #129
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
Not saying I believe this is true but, May 16th = 05/16, significance is 516hp! lol could only imagine
Old 03-16-2015, 10:25 PM   #130
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
If my memory is correct, the 5th gen production car was revealed at the GM's Tech Center on a live stream and with press coverage.

Edit: Here's the video of the reveal, enjoy.
Wow times have really changed since 2008.

Something tells me the sixth reveal is going to be a tad more grandiose than a little garage door opening to the sound of elevator muzak.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #131
2KWIK4U

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2014 Camaro vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertion View Post
Not saying I believe this is true but, May 16th = 05/16, significance is 516hp! lol could only imagine
Maybe it's a coincidence..........or yet, maybe not???

" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" -John Wayne "The Shootist"
Old 03-17-2015, 10:10 PM   #132
whiskeycobra

Drives: Black and fast
If you pay attention to GMi, Z284ever is more full of BS than any real news, and is consistently wrong in predictions/analysis, in addition to just not being very smart. But what makes matters worse, he often shit cans and belittles any new/rumors/speculation about the Camaro from a "source" other than his own, e.g. when someone speculated the reveal to be at Indy he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z284ever
I. Don't. Think. So.
There will be something official, soon.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z284ever
Whatever happens at Indy this year, we will already have a 25 page, 2016 Camaro thread going way before that.
He has been saying "soon" since at least mid-Febuary, probably longer, but the Indy rumor was only 9 days off while he was saying it would be "way before that".
Old 03-17-2015, 11:20 PM   #133
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeycobra View Post
If you pay attention to GMi, Z284ever is more full of BS than any real news, and is consistently wrong in predictions/analysis, in addition to just not being very smart. But what makes matters worse, he often shit cans and belittles any new/rumors/speculation about the Camaro from a "source" other than his own, e.g. when someone speculated the reveal to be at Indy he said:

and

He has been saying "soon" since at least mid-Febuary, probably longer, but the Indy rumor was only 9 days off while he was saying it would be "way before that".
Old 03-17-2015, 11:48 PM   #134
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

and

Sounds like someone is butt hurt.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 03-17-2015, 11:55 PM   #135
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I don't see how you can say Z28 is full of BS. He said we would know something soon and we did. I never saw where he said we would see the car soon.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:19 AM   #136
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

and

2 posts about the same guy?

Aww someone has a crush on Z284ever.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:50 AM   #137
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:

and

I don't see where he was wrong. He said soon and we now have a date. Everyone has a different opinion of soon and he never said you will see it. Just that we will know more... Soon.

And he never said it would be released at Indy. He said there will be a 25 page thread about the sixth gen before Indy. And I agree.

So I don't see where he has been full of anything more than speculation and talk around. Who knows if he knows more than anyone else. I don't know. But I do know he hasn't misrepresented anything that I have seen.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-18-2015, 01:21 AM   #138
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Okay, this one made me laugh!

Closed Thread