Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Found some time today...

Went and had a Magnaflow x pipe installed and detailed my car for 4 hours. I used a Turtlewax kit made for black paint and I think it turned out pretty well. Car sounds great now. No more drone from the Flowmaster 40's I have on there.

2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Looks good. Can you post up some sound video of the exhaust?
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #3
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Old 03-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #4
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I smell rain in the forecast for AZ! LOL- car looks beautiful!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #5
Sal329

Drives: 2008 Cadillac CTS
Lookin good
Sal329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
SliverSurfer

Drives: Summit White 2014 1LT
Looks slick as ice!

I use the mothers 3 step system. it works really well too.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #7
omgitsmiketuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Looks good. Can you post up some sound video of the exhaust?
Thanks! Ill try to get a clip up as soon as i can.
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
Old 03-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #8
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
I would love to hear it also. And is that the resonated x pipe or tru x?
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #9
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Looks like glass, well done man.
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:58 PM   #10
omgitsmiketuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWil View Post
I would love to hear it also. And is that the resonated x pipe or tru x?
Honestly, that's a good question. IDK. I paid 120 out the door for the install. I'll ask my muffler guy tomorrow. He may have given me a deal though cause he tried to pay me to detail his oldschool firebird after he installed the pipe. Asked me if I detail professionally. I used to, but I don't anymore. Either way.... sounds better than it did. I never thought i'd say it tho, I almost kinda miss the drone. The car was just.... louder in general. Idle included. Its much tamer now. Which is both good and bad I suppose. Again, i'll try to post a video asap. I live in a quiet neighborhood tho, I've been having problems finding a good place to do it.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #11
omgitsmiketuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I smell rain in the forecast for AZ! LOL- car looks beautiful!
You're evil. I moved here from Malibu a year n a half ago so I'm not used to "weather". I miss my 70's throughout the year and a couple days of rain. I refuse to drive a car that is anything other than BLACK or midnight blue (like a black/blue flake). And in AZ... UGH. I literally started paying an extra 100 a month to garage my car just to try and avoid the weather/dust/monsoons. Don't even get me started on the rocks that kick up on the highway after a storm. OMFG I HATE AZ.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:07 AM   #12
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
The Magnaflow that many of us have installed is the Rssonated X - pipe # 11386.

Have the stock H - pipe replaced.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #13
aFe POWER

Drives: Camaro
Looking very good, I can certainly appreciate a detailed car.
aFe POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #14
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmiketuck View Post
Honestly, that's a good question. IDK. I paid 120 out the door for the install. I'll ask my muffler guy tomorrow. He may have given me a deal though cause he tried to pay me to detail his oldschool firebird after he installed the pipe. Asked me if I detail professionally. I used to, but I don't anymore. Either way.... sounds better than it did. I never thought i'd say it tho, I almost kinda miss the drone. The car was just.... louder in general. Idle included. Its much tamer now. Which is both good and bad I suppose. Again, i'll try to post a video asap. I live in a quiet neighborhood tho, I've been having problems finding a good place to do it.
Judging by that comment you have the resonated x pipe. I just had mine installed yesterday and I have the same exhaust you have. I'm also experiencing exactly what you are. I kinda miss the loudness in certain RPMs but I enjoy the low tone now. I had a tru x pipe on before this. Sounded great! Got rid of almost all the rasp the Flowmasters are known to have. But it did nothing for drone . So I hear you, just may take some time to "appreciate" it..........hopefully
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote