Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-27-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
thebeast_93

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro Rs
Talking Tune questions

ok so i got a 2011 rs with highflow cat backs on a flow master exhaust system but the high flow cat backs are throwing a code on the engine saying they are bad which is causing my car not to be able to use the auto start. I think a tune could possibly take care of this problem as well as increase the hp on my car but im new to the whole camaro thing so i was wondering what you guys would suggest for a tune that is the most bang for my buck if you guys could help me out that would be swell
thebeast_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Your auto start doesn't work if you have the check engine light on.

I don't think your are throwing a code saying your high flow cats are bad, but you may be throwing a code indicating your rear O2 sensors have been moved and not reading your cats properly. Post your codes just to be sure. You'll have to have those tuned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast_93 View Post
ok so i got a 2011 rs with highflow cat backs on a flow master exhaust system but the high flow cat backs are throwing a code on the engine saying they are bad which is causing my car not to be able to use the auto start. I think a tune could possibly take care of this problem as well as increase the hp on my car but im new to the whole camaro thing so i was wondering what you guys would suggest for a tune that is the most bang for my buck if you guys could help me out that would be swell
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:13 PM   #3
thebeast_93

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro Rs
That might be it. if i take it to a shop would they give me the codes that its throwing ? And ya the check engine light is on.
thebeast_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #4
monSSter

Drives: 2017 SS
Take it discount auto. They tell you the codes. Or better yet buy an ODB from there and run it yourself