Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #295
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
This is like two guys who get into an argument, then one pulls a gun and shoots the other and an innocent bystander, and some of you guys are saying the dude who called the other guy's momma fat is just as much at fault as the one who pulled the trigger.

Maybe that's why I just don't assign any blame for the accident on anyone other than the Camaro driver - I see it like a self defense situation. Nothing matters up until the point that physical contact is made.
Your analogy is a bit off. Let's call Camaro driver C and Pickup driver P.

This is like C is openly carrying a gun that everyone can see. He's being belligerent and pushing his way to the front of the line. P sees this and decides '**** you, you can wait'. P then uses bob, who is minding his own business, to block C from getting any further. After a few minutes C decides he's fed up with this and jumps over the rails to go around P, but when C tries to jump back in line he falls over and when he hits the ground his gun goes off hitting P and bob.

C is a belligerent asshole, P is an instigating douchebag. Both are terrible people. Feel bad for bob though.

P.S. We all know that C broke several traffic laws when he decided to pass on the shoulder, but it's been stated many times that P also broke NY state law by deliberately blocking him.

Last edited by squat; 04-28-2015 at 11:29 AM.
squat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:28 AM   #296
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
P.S. We all know that C broke several traffic laws when he decided to pass on the shoulder, but it's been stated many times that P also broke NY state law by deliberately blocking him.
And yet.... he wasn't charged...
Old 04-28-2015, 11:14 AM   #297
squat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
And yet.... he wasn't charged...
That's up to the discretion of the officer that responds. Officers catch people speeding all the time and don't charge them, doesn't mean they weren't breaking the law.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:28 AM   #298
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Russian drivers are down right crazy.
I've travelled many places (and lived) in the world, don't kid yourselves with stereotypes, you are only seeing a small glimpse through a cracked window of what is reality .

Trust me on that one.

We have gone more full retard than meets the eye as a society than you think.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #299
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
PU driver definitely blocked in the camaro. Camaro driver took it to a whole new level of stupidty trying to pass by going off of the road.
I think the part many of you are missing is that the Camaro is riding the pickup's tail the whole time. This makes the the Camaro driver the instigator in this mess. If he had just set back and waited, he would've had clear road in minute or two. Of course, being drunk didn't help his reasoning any. I hope he had insurance...and that they don't deny the claim b/c of d.u.i.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:49 AM   #300
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
That's up to the discretion of the officer that responds. Officers catch people speeding all the time and don't charge them, doesn't mean they weren't breaking the law.
I saw a car run the redlight right in front of a cop the other day, the light was clearly green for us before that guy ever entered the intersection, but the cop sat there and waited for him to clear the intersection, then the cop just pulled out like nothing just happened...
Old 04-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #301
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
The Camaro driver was a douche bag , The video showed everything we need to know . If you watched the vid from the beginning he almost ran the pickup truck off the road. Which explains why he wouldn't let the Camaro driver by .

Wonder if the Camaro driver is a member of this forum. It would be interesting to know if the Camaro driver was drunk .
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3779081.shtml?cat=565

Says he was .
Old 04-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #302
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
I've been behind several people in the passing lane who were going slower than the speed limit and I never chose to get off into the median and put everyone else around me in danger.

Unless you're doing double the speed limit, you're not going to gain much time on short distances at 5-10 MPH over.

Just saying
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #303
squat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I think the part many of you are missing is that the Camaro is riding the pickup's tail the whole time. This makes the the Camaro driver the instigator in this mess. If he had just set back and waited, he would've had clear road in minute or two. Of course, being drunk didn't help his reasoning any. I hope he had insurance...and that they don't deny the claim b/c of d.u.i.
You can't know that. Some drivers are petty assholes about every little thing. It's entirely possible the pickup driver could've blocked him just for having a camaro.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #304
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
The Camaro driver had absolute control of the situation , right up to the minute he decided to drink and drive..Hope he does time, loses his license and is properly sued
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #305
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
By no means am I supporting the Camaro, but who cares if he is tailgating the truck. If you are the truck, and you don't like the Camaro stuck up your ass, you have two choices. One, you can accelerate and get out of the way of the camaro, or you can make a bad choice and do what he chose to do and block the Camaro, and we all see where that was headed. If he had just moved out of the way, this accident does not happen, and he and Mr. Semi driver go home unharmed. Blocking and break checking are a good way to get yourself involved with something you don't want anything to do with. Just let the idiot through.

Last edited by gajagfan; 04-28-2015 at 12:28 PM.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:26 PM   #306
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Agreed ^
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #307
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleavens1962 View Post
The Camaro driver had absolute control of the situation , right up to the minute he decided to drink and drive..Hope he does time, loses his license and is properly sued
Know what's going to happen to him?

Pretty much nothing.

He'll get a fine to pay... which he probably won't.

He'll have his license suspended... wait, it already was.

He'll lose his insurance... wait, does anybody think a drunk driving around on a suspended license really has insurance? Or cares?

He'll get sued... wait, no he won't because he most likely has no insurance and not enough assets to interest an attorney.

So he'll skate, and continue on his pathetic life unfazed by any of this.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #308
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Know what's going to happen to him?

Pretty much nothing.

He'll get a fine to pay... which he probably won't.

He'll have his license suspended... wait, it already was.

He'll lose his insurance... wait, does anybody think a drunk driving around on a suspended license really has insurance? Or cares?

He'll get sued... wait, no he won't because he most likely has no insurance and not enough assets to interest an attorney.

So he'll skate, and continue on his pathetic life unfazed by any of this.
I am always amazed when I read the police blotter at the number of people stopped for multiple DUIs with revoked or suspended licenses.... those people just don't care.