Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
silver surfer ZL1

Drives: 2013 silver ZL1
Trailer ??

So I am about 2 weeks out from moving back down south.
My question is does any one have any experience with the U-haul trailer and z28?
I am going to be moving in a Uhaul so therefore the haul trailer would be ideal.

I have a 2015 Z28 Camaro.
2015 Z28 Black #16 600rwhp N/A
Colorado speed and performance build: hand ported heads, titanium valves, hand ported throttle body,fast lsxr intake, custom cut lunati cam, lunati push rods, fm high performance lifters, dual beehive springs + titanium retainers, trunnions upgrade, ARH headers + x pipe, fast fuel rails, c5r timing chain, katech high volume oil pump, ati underdrive pulley, Taylor wires.
Sold---2013 ZL1 M6 Silver Ice Metallic: 767 rwhp
silver surfer ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
MRBZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28
the problem i see with a open car trailer is getting out of the door after loading it
the trailer fenders will not allow the door to open enough to climb out. So you haul it with the widow open, I wouldn't haul my car with the window open. I did see a guy remove his back seat and climb out through the trunk, He was a skinny guy, I wouldn't fit but its a option. Good luck
MRBZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #3
Z Beast

Drives: 2014 Z/28 Ashen Grey Metallic
I've used u haul trailers before the fenders folds down so you can get out of the door..The problem you going to have is the wheel tie downs..our cars with all there aero get in the way...your going to need some of your own tie downs

"The walls are white, the track is grey, the grass is green, and the sky is blue... your job is to keep them all where they belong." - Johnny Rutherford
Z Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #4
brokencilence

Drives: '14 1LE, Z28.R
If you try to use one of the u-haul open car trailers you will tear up the splitter as well as the wheels if you can even get the car on it due to width and ground clearance. A friend tried to use one for a new Nissan GTR and it did not go well...
Old 05-30-2015, 02:47 PM   #5
Z Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencilence View Post
If you try to use one of the u-haul open car trailers you will tear up the splitter as well as the wheels if you can even get the car on it due to width and ground clearance. A friend tried to use one for a new Nissan GTR and it did not go well...
You have to jack up the front of the trailer after its attached to the tow vehicle that will decrease the angle at the loading ramps and allow the car on the trailer...be careful of the front splitter st the front of the trailer..some on should be spotting for you

"The walls are white, the track is grey, the grass is green, and the sky is blue... your job is to keep them all where they belong." - Johnny Rutherford
Old 05-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #6
RSZ

Drives: 2014 Z/28 Blk. #374 A/C
Make sure you place the yellow blocks back into the front springs and remove the front splitter before you load.
RSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:02 PM   #7
Z Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBZ28 View Post
the problem i see with a open car trailer is getting out of the door after loading it
the trailer fenders will not allow the door to open enough to climb out. So you haul it with the widow open, I wouldn't haul my car with the window open. I did see a guy remove his back seat and climb out through the trunk, He was a skinny guy, I wouldn't fit but its a option. Good luck
Here is a picture of my rig I got tired of renting trailers it has a dove tail on the rear, a fold out fender and six foot loading ramps cost brand new from apaches trailers in Rialto, Ca 1700.00 I welded on the winch later so I could load the car by my self since there is only about 2inch clearance on either side.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #8
Synner

Drives: cars
Do you have a brand and model number for the trailer? What length?
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #9
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
That's a fine looking trailer right there
olblue75 is online now   Reply With Quote