Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-16-2015, 11:09 PM   #29
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Typically unless you let them know in advance about custom work making it more valuable (so they can charge you more) they don't really intend to pay for them. I got lucky on a Land Rover that was modded, but many times people don't get money back for that stuff.
Good luck!
My buddy is an adjuster for my insurance company and he was the one who told me about submitting my receipts, I didn't even think about it until he told me to have them ready.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:31 PM   #30
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Dang, glad he was not hurt, the car even though special, can be replaced....
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:47 PM   #31
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
My heart goes out to your husband and car. I'm seen this happen too many times. Those hit and run drivers are pieces of crap and I hope this ends in a positive light for you and opposite for the coward that ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:27 AM   #32
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Aww.. I hate to see this. Hopefully she'll either be fixed up better than before, or you will get enough money to buy a brand new one. Glad to hear that everyone is ok.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:41 AM   #33
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Dang, glad he was not hurt, the car even though special, can be replaced....
So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
My heart goes out to your husband and car. I'm seen this happen too many times. Those hit and run drivers are pieces of crap and I hope this ends in a positive light for you and opposite for the coward that ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It really blows that's for sure! We take such good care and pride in our cars. If I ever see that car it's on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Aww.. I hate to see this. Hopefully she'll either be fixed up better than before, or you will get enough money to buy a brand new one. Glad to hear that everyone is ok.
From what I understand she is totaled. I'm just waiting for insurance to tell me what they will offer. I'm going to see about going to the shop and taking a momento off her.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:50 AM   #34
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Sorry to hear about the car not much you can do except reject the insurance offer if you feel it low, you may end up having to go after the other driver to recoup more $$$. Not sure if your car was a daily driver or not but in the case it’s NOT and you purchase another Camaro please consider “Collector Car insurance “with an “Agreed Value” and not market value. With the agreed value this is what you state with your collector car insurance and if the car is totalled you get a check for that amount. My 2010 2LT/RS I have set at an agreed value of $30k, zero deductible, $500k liability, No mileage restrictions, and the only three conditions from the insurance company are 1 I have to have a daily driver, and 2 the it cannot be used to drive to and from work or a store, needs to be kept in a garage. I pay just under $300 a year I am with Grundy Collector Car insurance.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:59 AM   #35
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaproy View Post
I was not aware that insurance would cover aftermarket parts? I thought you needed a special type of insurance with an agreed upon value of the car to have aftermarket modifications covered as well?

All major carriers have a $5,000-10,000 accessory policy and require receipts and pictures within 30 days of installation to be fully covered, otherwise you are at the mercy of the insurer. If you purchase accessories with your AMEX card, you also have remedies available.

Collector's insurance works quite a bit differently, though has no ceiling for accessory or aftermarket parts (performance or cosmetic). Generally these are 'stated value' policies and they don't care what is in the vehicle.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #36
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
My buddy is an adjuster for my insurance company and he was the one who told me about submitting my receipts, I didn't even think about it until he told me to have them ready.
Its good to be ready- just realize the adjuster is not part of the decision process as far as the insurance company policies.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #37
Balasarius

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Considering kids my be in the works in the next few years I'm not sure if we are going to get another Camaro right now. But I did go test drive a new SS yesterday. So who knows.
Car seats fit in the camaro just fine. Though, motoring the electric seat all the way forwards and back every time you put the kid in / take them out is certainly a pita.
Balasarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #38
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Bummer, sorry to read this. Hopefully it opens up an even better chapter for you with new memories, and feeling grateful that you still have your hubby and for both of you to enjoy whatever new ride you end up with.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 AM   #39
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I know you were attached to that car the way I am mine. Glad Skip is ok and I"d have hated to make that phone call too.

Time for finding a bright side. Like Mike said the 6th Gen will go on sale soon. Maybe too long to wait?
Old 08-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #40
clashley1976

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balasarius View Post
Car seats fit in the camaro just fine. Though, motoring the electric seat all the way forwards and back every time you put the kid in / take them out is certainly a pita.
Agreed. I don't have to move the seat forward (just fold the seatback up), but I'm not the tallest guy around, either. Getting the seat itself in a bit of a pain, but it's actually easier in the Camaro than in my F150.

Haven't tried with a reverse-facing infant seat, though. That may be a different story.
CAI intake, VTC, VMax PTB, VMax Iceolator, Apex intake scoop, Roto-Fab washer bottle relocate
Build Journal: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419992

clashley1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #41
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
It is horrible that in happened, but if it had to be timed, i would say thats the bright side because Gen5s havent done their "post New Gen price deflation" like the Mustangs have...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2015, 01:15 PM   #42
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balasarius View Post
That's why I'm thinking no Camaro. I have quite a temper lol, I think I would destroy the car seat for being a PITA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Bummer, sorry to read this. Hopefully it opens up an even better chapter for you with new memories, and feeling grateful that you still have your hubby and for both of you to enjoy whatever new ride you end up with.
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I know you were attached to that car the way I am mine. Glad Skip is ok and I"d have hated to make that phone call too.

Time for finding a bright side. Like Mike said the 6th Gen will go on sale soon. Maybe too long to wait?
Yes I'm super bummed but just relieved Skip is ok. He said calling me might have been the worst part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clashley1976 View Post
Agreed. I don't have to move the seat forward (just fold the seatback up), but I'm not the tallest guy around, either. Getting the seat itself in a bit of a pain, but it's actually easier in the Camaro than in my F150.

Haven't tried with a reverse-facing infant seat, though. That may be a different story.
Thanks for the info! Me and my hubby are shorties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
It is horrible that in happened, but if it had to be timed, i would say thats the bright side because Gen5s havent done their "post New Gen price deflation" like the Mustangs have...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
True, prices are down for just about everything right now.

On another note: spoke with insurance today and they requested my receipts so that's a positive. I hate this waiting game though.