Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-17-2015, 07:23 AM   #1
MBaseman

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Annoying interior noises?

I've owned my 2015 2SS/RS 1LE for about 4 months now and had racked up over 6,000 miles. Daily driver and I have a 70 mile total drive each day.

Back on subject, over the past month or so I have noticed more frequent interior noises, mostly some very annoying buzzing/rattling type sounds. I assume it is coming from the hard plastic that is everywhere in the interior but I haven't been able to pinpoint it or get it to stop. It seems to be getting worse by the day.

It's intermittent and seems more common in the morning or after the car has been sitting all day.

I didn't buy this car to be luxurious, however this buzzing sound is extremely annoying. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

P.S.- brought it to the dealership because the MyLink system is really bad in my car and mentioned this too, but after spending all day with my car they came up with nothing on either issue. They said the noise was "square gears", lol. No clue what they were listening for to give me that answer...I hate dealerships. And my MyLink is the worst! Hooray.
MBaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:43 AM   #2
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
I just traded my 15' 1LE for my 15' ZL1 and I had issues with the mylink also. My new mylink works perfectly though. In the 1LE the radio would occasionally freeze or go blank, it'd take forever to link to my iPhone and if I was on the phone when I started the car good luck...
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:47 AM   #3
jamestown

Drives: 2014 1le
Yes I have noticed a few. The main one for me is a loud buzzing at about 2300 rpm, and sounds like it is is comimg from underneath the rear seat. I remove the rear seat but see nothing under there... Piece of heat shield rattling perhaps?
Old 10-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
There are a couple of exhaust issues on some cars with NPP. One is front clamp between headers and cats that may need to be adjusted as it may be too close to heatshield, another is a locator tab welded in the middle part of the exhaust, between cats and rear axle, which was the buzzing on my car. These locator tabs tend to break off and get stuck on the pipe and clamp. My tech simply moved my clamp to allow the tab to fall out. This locator tab is absolutely useless, only there to help factory workers line up exhaust correctly, but causes annoying buzzing when the spot weld gives and it gets trapped behind the clamp. It's a round tab, smaller than a dime, looks like a hearing aid battery
Old 10-17-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
jamestown

Drives: 2014 1le
I'll have a look, thanks!
Old 10-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #6
Scotty D2014

Drives: 2014 SS1-1le Crystal red metallic
I've learned to deal with them ... It's a very stiff car .. And a camaro .. If it was say a Vett.. I would have been side ways .. But for under 40k I'll live with a few imperfections ..
Scotty D2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:58 PM   #7
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestown View Post
I'll have a look, thanks!
i did not believe that something as tiny as that tab would be so annoying, but i was wrong. However, my noise was annoying mostly at low speeds and with windows down
Old 10-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #8
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Mine has not had that problem and the MYLINK has been flawless. So far the only thing that went wrong has been a dead battery . I jumped it and it started and it hasn't done it again . I have let it sit for 10 days and still fired right up . Never could find the problem and it just puzzles me as to what it was.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #9
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
The only noises I like in the interior are the sound of the motor, driveline, exaust, and tires. Sometimes music.

So yes, rattles would irritate me.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #10
MBaseman

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I've got some issues that are not typical for other owners.

And why do some feel that the "it's just a camaro so I don't expect much..." logic makes sense? It's not like this a $10K Kia that we are talking about. It's still a $40K car that is supposed to be well built. Am I wrong?
MBaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #11
rimhof

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I had a lot of glove box rattling. I fixed that by putting some 3M dual lock Velcro tape on the inside edge (without sticking the other side) and the noise stopped. I don't have any more rattling regardless of how bad the road or how loud the music is.
rimhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:09 PM   #12
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Everything with exceptionally tight suspensions develop rattles or squeaks.

Jeeps, trucks, .... 1le's, etc.

Soft cushy suspensions dont transmit high level harmonics through the body structures.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:28 AM   #13
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
Mine has not had that problem and the MYLINK has been flawless. So far the only thing that went wrong has been a dead battery . I jumped it and it started and it hasn't done it again . I have let it sit for 10 days and still fired right up . Never could find the problem and it just puzzles me as to what it was.
I once let it sit for a few days with the front hood unlatched, but doors all locked and alarm activated, and my battery went dead after those few days. I wonder.......
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:30 AM   #14
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimhof View Post
I had a lot of glove box rattling. I fixed that by putting some 3M dual lock Velcro tape on the inside edge (without sticking the other side) and the noise stopped. I don't have any more rattling regardless of how bad the road or how loud the music is.
+1

My one and only rattle, even with mild cam.

A Fonzi punch, and all is good again .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote