Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-14-2015, 06:19 PM   #1
mirabella
silver snow

Drives: 2017 Red 1LT RS
Heater and fan stuck in one setting

Has anyone had this happen?

I took the car out tonight, I have a 2014 Camaro 2LT RS and when I came out of the store I used remote start.

Since then the heater is stuck and the fan is stuck on.

I've made an appointment already but wondering what could have caused it. It has 2,900 miles on it is less than 18 months old. I am assuming its still under warranty?

The dials will not work not matter what I do. Is there a lock I inadvertantly hit?
Old 11-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Try pulling the battery cable to cut the power and see if that will reset the controls, I've had this happen and usually clears itself once I let it set for a few minutes with just pulling the key out the ignition and opening the door to cut retained power which I take you have already tried. It happened on my wife's car which also has mylink and that is when I first discovered a quick fix.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
FLMedicSS

Drives: 2014 Summit White SS
Try pulling the HVAC fuse located on the drivers side beneath the A-pillar. When my '14 1SS infrequently has no HVAC controls upon starting up, pulling the HVAC fuse resets the bus. Less invasive than a battery disconnect. Best of luck resolving the issue.
FLMedicSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:54 AM   #4
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Yes it'd be under warranty. I've had that happen a few times, I just turned the car off and restarted it and/or changed a mode setting(vent, floor, defrost etc) and it seemed to wake it up.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote