Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
C377
Wannabe Camaro Owner

Drives: Camaro 2011
Preparing to Buy ONE

Hi,

The car industry looked like rocky balboa in round 16. The Big 3 were almost blown out by the bubbly winds coming from the east. All seemed lost.

And then....... Well they came out with the Mustang(it was already there), the Challenger, and the best one of all the New Camaro.

It i really great to see this car, because it represents many things. Hopefully this is not like the last indian summer.

Anyway.

Target Car: 2SS Black/white or Grey stripes/ black RS package + Sunroof

After reading this forum, watching youtube videos etc, I am very sure that I want to get the Camaro, but I have the following concerns:

-Interior build quality: By looking at the mustang and challenger, it seems that they have better quality in terms of the interiors. I have also seen pictures of used Camaros selling on ebay, and it appears that the leather tends to stretch after use. The seat has only one Horizontal seam which does not really keep the leather tight. I also have some concerns about all the plastic.

-Navigation system: I believe the Camaro is one of the best GT cars out there.(even if is not placed in this category). Due to the trunk size, MPG and 4 seats, you are really able to make great trips with this car. Of course the outside view is limited by the small windows, but when you are driving that is not an issue. So I think a nice navigation system would have been better than the onstar. There is conflicting information about GM installing a Navigation or not. Will it have it in 2011?

-Shaft breaking: I was reading that this is only happening with Low VIN#. Is this fixed?

-Auto VS M?:

-When and where to Order: I would to get it in July-August 2011. When should I order it. I was reading that some people are picking it up in Michigan. Who is the man/woman to contact?

(I also consider that the Camaro is less expensive than the competition.)

Thank you in advance for your help, and I hope you all enjoy driving your cars.
C377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
If you are looking to buy in Michigan then you're looking for Becky @ Rodgers Chevy. You can find here in the dealer section, but something tells me that she may just find you.

I love the Rocky Balboa analogy.... cut me, Mick!

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Dealing with Becky now... She is on top of it and very nice to deal with...
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Or Anna at Sparta.

UNLESS you're EXPORTING to Germany - then niether will work with you.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Somebody looking for me? Be happy to help. I've had several fly in and drive out (2 from Florida on Friday) and several drop shipped with out any incidents. Give me a call and let me know how you'd like to proceed.
Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by C377 View Post
Hi,

-Interior build quality: By looking at the mustang and challenger, it seems that they have better quality in terms of the interiors. I have also seen pictures of used Camaros selling on ebay, and it appears that the leather tends to stretch after use. The seat has only one Horizontal seam which does not really keep the leather tight. I also have some concerns about all the plastic.

-Navigation system: I believe the Camaro is one of the best GT cars out there.(even if is not placed in this category). Due to the trunk size, MPG and 4 seats, you are really able to make great trips with this car. Of course the outside view is limited by the small windows, but when you are driving that is not an issue. So I think a nice navigation system would have been better than the onstar. There is conflicting information about GM installing a Navigation or not. Will it have it in 2011?

-Auto VS M?:

cars.
Build QUality - Honestly it is def no BMW/VW/Audi or any of those cars in terms of the interior material and quality. I find the dash a little plain, but it is a very clean look and that stereo ROCKS (Boston Acoustic). I can live with that, because the performance of this car for this price is second to None!

Navigation - Just met with someone from GM this past weekend in an autoshow. The gentleman is a very reliable source working on Camaro Marketing in GM Detroit. He confirmed that there will be No navigation for two reasons... 1) OnStar Navi service is offered in the car... 2) They have spent a lot of money on the design and will not redesign the interior look for the next few years. However there is a Heads Up Display coming in 2011 and the Z28 will be available with the current Cadillac CTS-V engine (550hp)! No major cosmetic changes are coming in 2011.

Auto Vs M - MANUAL for sure!
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Why not buy FOUR?