Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #1
Don-T

Drives: '16 2LT RS
Cell phone mount

For those of us that either don't have the wireless charging or our phones are too big to fit, are there any mounts available yet for the C6? The only thing I can find that might work is a universal console mount from Pro Clip. I have the IPhone 6 S Plus so it takes up some room.
Don-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
Tachyon

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS - Hyper Blue
Waiting for ProClip to come out with their mounts specific to the 6th gen. Don't know when they'll have them available, but they are the best fitting, most useful cellphone mounts.

Also in the fleet:
2015 BMW K1600GTL - "Serenity"
2009 Piaggio MP3 - "Demoni"
2009 Kymco Xciting 500r - "MFS"
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - "BiRT"
Tachyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
Don-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Waiting for ProClip to come out with their mounts specific to the 6th gen. Don't know when they'll have them available, but they are the best fitting, most useful cellphone mounts.
That is what I am doing at this point. My only concern is their website shows the same mounts from '10 - '17. Surely they will figure it out and design something in the near future.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
+1 for ProClip. Legit products!

They are in WI I believe. Maybe we should contact em and see if we can take a vehicle up there for them to start making it if they already haven't.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:38 AM   #5
Tachyon

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS - Hyper Blue
So, I emailed ProClip customer service. They have changed the website to halt the current mounts to at 2015.

They stated mounts for 2016 should be available this spring.

Here's to hoping that spring means early spring!

Also in the fleet:
2015 BMW K1600GTL - "Serenity"
2009 Piaggio MP3 - "Demoni"
2009 Kymco Xciting 500r - "MFS"
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - "BiRT"
Tachyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
Don-T

Quote:
So, I emailed ProClip customer service. They have changed the website to halt the current mounts to at 2015.

They stated mounts for 2016 should be available this spring.

Here's to hoping that spring means early spring!
Good to hear this. I emailed them from their website and have not heard back.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #7
Don-T

ProClip emailed me back saying the same thing you noted, they revised their listing so they no longer show the Gen 5 and Gen 6 are the same. They also wrote they will email be when the new mount is ready.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:55 PM   #8
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Good info, thanks!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:55 PM   #9
Bitchin' Camaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Mosaic Black/Black
I've now bought several of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00

I really like the convienence of the magnet mount, instead of a grabber style. I also have a couple of the Kenu vent mounts but this Spigen one is super cheap and works better. It comes with several metal plates (round and rectangular) that go under the case and clear plastic film to stick in the phone first to protect it. I don't stick it to the phone, just stick under my case. Holds the phone perfect.

Though I'm not a big fan of the vent mount, and that won't work well for the Camaro. In my Chevy Express van (bike hauler) I removed the vent clip portion (it just unscrews from the back) and drilled a small hole (M4X12mm bolt) in the vans center dash and permanently mounted it. No big deal in the van but not something I want to do in the Camaro.

I think a proclip mount but with this Spigen magnet disk mounted to it will be ideal.
12/14/15 Dealer processed order
TPW 1/25/16
1/21/16 Built and Bayed
1/28/16 At the dealer
1/29/16 Took delivery w/ 3 miles on it
Bitchin' Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:56 PM   #10
CamaroATL

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS + NPP + MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchin' Camaro View Post
I've now bought several of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00

I really like the convienence of the magnet mount, instead of a grabber style. I also have a couple of the Kenu vent mounts but this Spigen one is super cheap and works better. It comes with several metal plates (round and rectangular) that go under the case and clear plastic film to stick in the phone first to protect it. I don't stick it to the phone, just stick under my case. Holds the phone perfect.

Though I'm not a big fan of the vent mount, and that won't work well for the Camaro. In my Chevy Express van (bike hauler) I removed the vent clip portion (it just unscrews from the back) and drilled a small hole (M4X12mm bolt) in the vans center dash and permanently mounted it. No big deal in the van but not something I want to do in the Camaro.

I think a proclip mount but with this Spigen magnet disk mounted to it will be ideal.
dude you took the words out of my mouth... I want a magnetic mount like this, but with a swivel arm so that I can mount it similar to how a ProClip is mounted, but also just stick the phone to it via magnet, while also able to move the swivel arm around.. has anybody seen anything like that available anywhere?
CamaroATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 AM   #11
Bitchin' Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroATL View Post
dude you took the words out of my mouth... I want a magnetic mount like this, but with a swivel arm so that I can mount it similar to how a ProClip is mounted, but also just stick the phone to it via magnet, while also able to move the swivel arm around.. has anybody seen anything like that available anywhere?
The Proclip comes in 2 pieces, the part that mounts to the car then you bolt a phone cradle it that. The car mount has pre drilled holes. The Spigen magnet comes apart so it'll be easy to use the proclip base and bolt on the spigen magnet mount. Just need to figure out what part number will work in the new Camaro.
TPW 1/25/16
1/21/16 Built and Bayed
1/28/16 At the dealer
Old 02-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #12
CamaroATL

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS + NPP + MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchin' Camaro View Post
The Proclip comes in 2 pieces, the part that mounts to the car then you bolt a phone cradle it that. The car mount has pre drilled holes. The Spigen magnet comes apart so it'll be easy to use the proclip base and bolt on the spigen magnet mount. Just need to figure out what part number will work in the new Camaro.
I'm confused about what exactly would have to "work" with the new camaro? How exactly do these clips mount to the car in a way that would differ from car to car? I was under the impression that they were drilled with small screws into the carpeted area below the knee rest or something, I guess i'm mistaken because if that was the case, I don't see how they'd differ much from 5th gen to 6th gen.
CamaroATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #13
Bitchin' Camaro

Check out the proclipusa.com website. The mounts don't screw into the carpet, they clip (hence the name) onto a trim piece, like a small gap between panels.
TPW 1/25/16
1/21/16 Built and Bayed
1/28/16 At the dealer
Old 02-22-2016, 07:13 PM   #14
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroATL View Post
I'm confused about what exactly would have to "work" with the new camaro? How exactly do these clips mount to the car in a way that would differ from car to car? I was under the impression that they were drilled with small screws into the carpeted area below the knee rest or something, I guess i'm mistaken because if that was the case, I don't see how they'd differ much from 5th gen to 6th gen.
I tried one of these (not the same exact brand but virtually the same thing) and the part that clips onto something, the heating/cooling vent fin is what I got it for, is too short due to the fins being recessed into the opening so far.

If you look at this pic, it may help to visualize what I am talking about, if the 'clip' part was like 1" longer then I think it would work well.
Attached Images

merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote