Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 11-07-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
NJ-JRS
C5

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Red accents on Black
Need reputable dealership in NJ for service

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to see if anyone has any good recommendations on a reputable dealership in NJ? I live in Edison, and need my steering column checked, as I have a squeegee sounding noise when turning the wheel 45 degrees either direction. I've heard of the steering rack and pinion being replaced under warranty for this. I'm looking to at least bring my car in once somewhere and not have any issues, so I'm hoping someone has a good recommendation.

So far I've taken it to 3 places during the course of it's life (I typically do as much service as I can on my own) and have had issues every time:

- Middletown All American Chevrolet left two scratches on side fender above the Camaro letters.

- Bridgewater Chevrolet charged me for a tire rotation that was never done. I assumed they would swap side to side due to the larger rear tires, but they ended up doing nothing - as per the distinct markings that were on each wheel being in the same place before and after. (They refunded me after I called but god knows how many people get screwed by not noticing things like that and calling back to bring up the issue).

- Tried American Tire and Auto shop in Westfield for my new tires; got the car back with a 6 inch scratch over wheel well, and shaky steering wheel at high speeds (and I paid for 'high speed balance...' )

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 11-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #2
goatslapper
12.527@112.33 MPH

Drives: 2010 black ss/rs cgm stripes
Stop playing Johnny Mess Around and take it to Ideal Garage in Fords.
You will be amazed at the service. He is a sponsor here and with the central jersey camaro5 club.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
presholt33
Account Suspended

Drives: too numerous
Ditto for Ideal garage great work and fair
presholt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
NJ-JRS
C5

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Red accents on Black
Thanks for the heads up on his place, I will definitely look into going there for any future service work, my only issue here though is I need a dealership this time around since it should be a fix covered under warranty. Any thoughts on a particular dealership?
Old 11-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #5
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-JRS View Post
Thanks for the heads up on his place, I will definitely look into going there for any future service work, my only issue here though is I need a dealership this time around since it should be a fix covered under warranty. Any thoughts on a particular dealership?
Schumacher Chevrolet in Denville

OR

All American Chevrolet in Middletown

OR

Oasis Chevrolet in Old Bridge

Take your pick.