Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Has anyone had experience with Enkei wheels

I'm going to upgrade my wheels from the steelies to aluminum. Yeah, I know you get what you pay for a lot of times but this is for a DD and I'll upgrade in a year or so but for now, I don't have the bucks for forged wheels. I like the 10 spoke look and have seen a couple deals on the OEM but they were "painted silver" and I want black. For about the same money, I can buy new and they are lighter and, supposedly, stronger than OEM. i'm just wondering how they would hold up on the heavier Camaro.

Thoughts?
Old 06-14-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlePhu View Post
I'm going to upgrade my wheels from the steelies to aluminum. Yeah, I know you get what you pay for a lot of times but this is for a DD and I'll upgrade in a year or so but for now, I don't have the bucks for forged wheels. I like the 10 spoke look and have seen a couple deals on the OEM but they were "painted silver" and I want black. For about the same money, I can buy new and they are lighter and, supposedly, stronger than OEM. i'm just wondering how they would hold up on the heavier Camaro.

Thoughts?
Pictures ?
Old 06-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
OlePhu
Oldskool

I don't have picture but do have a couple links

http://enkei.com/shop/tuning/tenjin/

http://enkei.com/shop/tuning/tsp6/
Old 06-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I can't say from experience but I've only read good things about Enkei wheels, some things of which come from people that use their wheels for racing. I like the Tenjin's. Dooo iiit!
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:29 PM   #5
OlePhu
Oldskool

Thank you. I was leaning towards the Tenjins until I saw these. Now I'm not so sure Have to check out the specs a little more
Old 06-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had a set years ago on a import I had and they were good wheels.......

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote