Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-07-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
1LE Threads

I have been trying to understand why the 1LE discussions are not moved to the 1LE section of the forum. There is a Camaro 1LE section yet only the SS 1LE discussions occur there. Shouldn't all 1LE threads be there?
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #2
bucknut2006

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10, 2015 C7 Z51
Not sure why they have a separate section for an options package like 1LE. Probably made more sense when the ZL1 1LE didn't exist. Of course, there is a Z/28 section which is nothing more than pure speculation.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut2006 View Post
Not sure why they have a separate section for an options package like 1LE. Probably made more sense when the ZL1 1LE didn't exist. Of course, there is a Z/28 section which is nothing more than pure speculation.
I agree it doesn't make sense on either account. Change the current Z/28 section to the ZL1 1LE section and add a new section if and when they introduce a 6th Gen Z/28.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:02 PM   #4
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
I don't see a problem...I prefer the ZL1 1LE being in the ZL1 section. Fits the mold better here imo.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #5
Xlr8ion

Drives: 2013 Cayenne GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I have been trying to understand why the 1LE discussions are not moved to the 1LE section of the forum. There is a Camaro 1LE section yet only the SS 1LE discussions occur there. Shouldn't all 1LE threads be there?
Considering only 2 people on this board have the 1LE i don't think it needs a separate forum quite yet.
Xlr8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #6
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8ion View Post
Considering only 2 people on this board have the 1LE i don't think it needs a separate forum quite yet.
No need for ZL1 1LE separate thread. I don't want to go back and forth. ZL1 is ZL1, the 1LE is just an option package.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #7
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
The ZL1 1LE has a helluva lot more in common with a ZL1 than it does with an SS 1LE. Only things the "regular" ZL1 owners won't have is the suspension and aero. Whereas the SS guys are down an engine, trans, clutch, rear ends, brakes (I think), suspension, and more.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
newb

There is already a 1LE section of the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 07-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #9
Artos

...and there is already a ZL1 section where the ZL1 1LE properly belongs IMO. If a member has an issue with their 1LE that parallels the regular ZL1, I wouldn't want to miss it by having to surf another sub forum.

Like stated, there are not very many out there & this car is better aligned here than with the other 1LE's as they simply do not share the same attributes compared to the regular ZL1.

Not my playground, just my $0.02 on the matter.

Quote:
There is already a 1LE section of the forum.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #10
newb

By your argument, a SS 1LE further aligns with an SS and should be included in the forum with the regular SS so SS owners don't miss something that may affect them without switching to another forum. So what is the point of a 1LE section?

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 07-07-2017, 05:28 PM   #11
Artos

'Again', Simply due to the volume of SS 1LE's vs the latter & 'again' being more of a ZL1 vs a SS 1LE...it would be easier for me to miss a ZL1 1LE thread in that section & getting buried.

I see no reason to engage in semantics any further. I've stated my opinion & understand yours...just prefer the status quo. The mods can do whatever they wish & really not that big of an issue in the grand scheme.

Quote:
By your argument, a SS 1LE further aligns with an SS and should be included in the forum with the regular SS so SS owners don't miss something that may affect them without switching to another forum. So what is the point of a 1LE section?

Old 07-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

You are correct... the SS 1LE crowd lost their minds when threads about the LT1 engine or exhaust topics that are strictly SS were moved to the proper place. Seems if you own a 1LE there is only one section to visit and to heck with everyone else that could benefit from the threads that are just basic SS stuff.

ZL1 and ZL1 1LE like Artos said have too much in common that is different from an SS. The I4 Turbo and V6 cars have a 1LE package too and are different as well, but like the ZL1 they haven't been out that long so the 1LE section has a long history full of SS related stuff. My thoughts are to move all the 1LE threads to the SS section and keep the models together whether they are 1LE or not. Much easier to search stuff out that way.

If it's 1LE related then just put that in the title. At least you will be in the correct model.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #13
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut2006 View Post
To be fair the ZL1 1LE is just an options package for the ZL1 as well. But I agree that ZL1 1LE threads should be in the ZL1 section since most members have gotten used to the 1LE section being specific to SS 1LE discussions.

I believe the reason for having the 1LE section originally was for more track focused discussion pertaining to the 1LE package as it was being released for the 6th gen, especially since there are many parts on a SS 1LE that a regular SS does not have. This is also a good reason why ZL1 1LE discussion should be in the ZL1 section since other than suspension, aero, etc the ZL1 1LE is mostly identical to a normal ZL1.

IMO it would make the most sense to move the ZL1 and Z/28 sections to the "Specific Packages / Variants" area that the 1LE section is in as opposed to being in the "General Forums" area.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #14
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I'd like a forum where I can talk about my 1LE being better then any other 1LE or ZL1 1LE. LOL... Sorry. That is truly the way this thread reads
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote