Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Jeffro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS 6M
Exhaust? CAI? Need feedback Im a new member

Hello all Im new to this forum I picked up my new Camaro 2SS 6M in September. I have been doing my research already along with reading the posts that are on this website. I want to do an exhaust and cold air intake and I want to do a full exhaust eventually but for now Im sticking with a catback. I like the sound of borla but it seems alot of you guys love MBPR and Solo exhaust. What is the difference performance wise from the 2.5" and the 3" catbacks? Later on I want to get a set of headers and alot of you guys seem to like ARH whats the difference between 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" primaries performance wise? For example if I buy a borla catback now later on when I decide to buy headers will the catback match up to any header? I have heard when it comes to exhaust bigger is not always better you need back pressure for proper exhaust scavenging and that leads to better flow and more horsepower. If I stick with borla catback later I might go with borla headers as well. As CAI are concerned I want to get a CAI intake because according to Jannetty Racing this system got the most horsepower without a tune. For now my goal is get the most performance without getting a tune because that voids the warranty....when the warranty expires then I want to heavily mod it. Please any kind of feedback will help thanks
Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
I recommend ADM Performance "Street" CAI, Magnaflow Axleback, and of coarse ARH 1 7/8 headers with cats and intermediate x pipe. Borla is available if thats your preference. We carry MBRP too if your interested as well. 3" catbacks are supposedly more effiecient as there is no downsizing of the piping from the header outlet, x pipe, ect. Seemless all the way thru. Consider the stock xpipe is not 3" I don't think it really matters unless your updating your entire exhaust system in the future. The 1 7/8 has been proven to make more peak hp and will benefit future upgrades more generously as well. Yes the Borla catback will work as you upgrade in the future. Let me know if I can help you with your parts order in the near future!
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
It's always great to see new members on the forum. Roto-fab offers a CAI system which performs and sounds great, and fits your car as it should with absolutely no modifications to your vehicle. In addition, we offer a variety of options including various color combinations, polished stainless steel or carbon fiber finish inlet elbow and a dry or oil type filter. Please take a moment to search "Roto-fab" on this forum. You will find many positive comments about our product in terms of fit, appearance, sound and performance. Our intake has seen a great deal of dyno time from various customers and tuners with virtually all of them showing very good gains. We strive to offer great customer service before and after the sale. I truly believe nobody offers a better intake than ours. However, I wouldn't expect customers to make their purchasing decision based on just one opinion, so again, please take the time to research the wealth of information provided on this forum.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:02 AM   #4
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tightwads View Post
I recommend ADM Performance "Street" CAI, Magnaflow Axleback, and of coarse ARH 1 7/8 headers with cats and intermediate x pipe. Borla is available if thats your preference. We carry MBRP too if your interested as well. 3" catbacks are supposedly more effiecient as there is no downsizing of the piping from the header outlet, x pipe, ect. Seemless all the way thru. Consider the stock xpipe is not 3" I don't think it really matters unless your updating your entire exhaust system in the future. The 1 7/8 has been proven to make more peak hp and will benefit future upgrades more generously as well. Yes the Borla catback will work as you upgrade in the future. Let me know if I can help you with your parts order in the near future!
Exactly what he said. I do prefer the ADM race though, tradeoff is no washer bottle. I have ARH headers and love them.

ADM looks good painted too:

2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
BLK2SS

Drives: Black 2SS
It all really depends on what your future mod plans are. I'm running the kooks 1 3/4 headers w/o cats and the borla catback. I've already changed the cam, and I'm on my 2nd CAI. I've got no complaints about my exhaust, but it is pretty loud without the cats (just what I was looking for). Do your homework on the CAI. My first one looks great, it just didn't work out on my car at low RPMs. The second one I bought will fit my needs, but I had to do some cosmetic work to bring it up to par...not what I would expect after paying $460.
BLK2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #6
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tightwads View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Exactly what he said. I do prefer the ADM race though, tradeoff is no washer bottle. I have ARH headers and love them.

ADM looks good painted too:

Thanks guys,

"GMRULZ" that intake and those shots look better everytime I see them. I personally like black OEM look and was skeptically about your plans. I have to admit each time I see them that our intake really looks KICKASS paint matched.

Jeffro, should you decide you'd like some more info on our Intake or any other components feel at liberty to give us a call at 214-228-8782.

ADM is a full service shop dealing in Performance Parts and Accessories, Installation and Tuning.

Pat

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
Airaid Filters

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The Overall Quality of Components, Performance, and Fit & Finish of the Airaid are 2nd To None!

All Airaid Intake are Made in the USA and Feature our Industry Best Lifetime No-Hassle Warranty!

Thanks,
David
Airaid Filters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I will put un my two cents....

I would go with the ARH 1 7/8" headers in the future...
I would use the Borla or MBRP cat back with 2.5" pipes, I think they both sound AMAZING.
I would use the Roto-Fab CAI. They are in my opinion the cleanest looking and they perform great.

I would be happy to help you build a package that fits your budget...just PM me if you need any help.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I've had the Roto-Fab in for about 1k miles now and am very pleased with the product and customer service. For the exhaust I went to my local muffler shop and had an X pipe and Magnaflow 4" Magnapacs installed and it sounds great.
Attached Images

Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
Jeffro

GMRULZ-so you have the race adm intake how do you like it? So as far as the washer fluid is concerned you dont use it? Or what do you do? What size primaries on the arh headers? What catback? When you have headers do you use an axle back system or full catback? How do you like your exhaust setup?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
Jeffro

2Tightwads-thanks for the info what kind of deals are out there? Right now Im looking for a car cover of good quality, possible borla catback, cold air induction...I cant make up my mind yet, short throw shifter, later on down the road headers.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #12
Jeffro

Roto-fab 1 thanks for the reply I really like how it looks but I have heard from other people on this forum that ADM and CAI are better because the filter is enclosed and no hot air from the engine bay can get sucked in to the intake
Old 11-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
Jeffro

Im am looking for a catback and cold air intake that you do not need a tune I dont want to void the warranty right now
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #14
Jeffro

Whats the difference between a wet(oiled) filter and a dry?