Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-10-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
So, What Is The BEST Aftermarket Wickerbill???

Okay... since their no longer seems to be any OEM factory wickerbills available any longer... let's talk about what might be the best one out there... unless they are more or less the same crap.

I need to start getting ready for track season... here are some parameters:

I don't care about look, but rather effectiveness. Also, it should be (obviously) strong. Should one be adjustable?

I've seen threads that detail the height off the trunk deck of the factory unit so I don't think getting that aspect correct will be tough. I just want one the works and is not a cheap peice of junk. It should have good solid hardware and quality instructions, blah, blah, blah. I personally hate slapping on something that is not factory, I realize many others won't have an issue with it... just wish I could keep it 100% stock as delivered.

Suggestions? Let's hear 'um.
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
MX621

Drives: 2014 z28
I just got a eBay one. I was told by the seller it was aluminum, it showed up and was steel. Seller was cool and I sent it back on their dime. It weighed 4.5 lb. it was really nice quality and looked identical to the oem wickerbill. I will try another eBay one from another vendor that’s advertised as aluminum, see where that gets me. Carbon creations makes one that’s carbon but the photos are crap. And it’s around 300$ I’ve spoken with zl1 addons. They will make the wickerbill all black, but it’s still a two piece. Anderson composites makes a really nice carbon z/28 spoiler/wicker bill setup and it’s like 700$. I reached out to see if they pull sell just the wickerbill alone and the answer was no.
MX621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #3
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
Looks I need a "wickerbill lock" since these are so scarce !
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Www.aerosportconcepts.com
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #5
Biergut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
Thanks... these guys look like they know what they're doing... I'll give them a call.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:20 AM   #6
pat_t

Drives: .
I reckon the "best" if price isn't an issue, is to buy the Anderson Composites one.

If you painted the spoiler gloss black and the wickerbill satin/matte black, then you wouldn't be able to tell the difference to the Factory one.

(I have the factory one but fancy the carbon one one day)
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #7
zcarczar

Drives: 15 Z/28
Does anyone have the anderson composites spoiler/wickerbill? I think it would look good with some extra carbon fiber on the car to compliment the vent on the hood.
zcarczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #8
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcarczar View Post
Does anyone have the anderson composites spoiler/wickerbill? I think it would look good with some extra carbon fiber on the car to compliment the vent on the hood.
I have one on order, due in Feb. I’ll compare to the OEM one when it arrives.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #9
Biergut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
I spoke with ASC this morning and for anyone interested, they will make a straight edged wickerbill that will mimic the factory unit. They also will provide black oxide hardware. The wickerbills are cut from a solid phenolic sheet so should be light. I will be ordering one and we'll see.

Still would prefer the factory wickerbill -- but it's like finding Sasquash.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #10
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
What is ASC going to charge you for the one with no cut out?

If I were in the market today I like this package deal the best from Anderson Composites- not the cheap alternative - but the best overall execution with no OEM available. They used the factory OEM as their template, so basically the same thing, but lighter and should be as stiff as OEM aluminum one. I have seen the entire package in person and it is a really nice piece and adds to the car look for sure. But at a premium!

link: https://andersoncomposites.com/colle...th-wicker-bill

Factory wickerbills were hard to find and then members posted on another thread what dealer inventory showed - I called on all of those dealers and they were all gone within a day of post (I called a few days later). So unlikley there will be any more that will surface from dealers as new, unless not in the system and by shear luck.

So unless you get lucky and find someone who wants to sell one they have - you are looking at the aftermarket options.

Hope you find the one you like and works well!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:54 PM   #11
hjdca

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
What is ASC going to charge you for the one with no cut out?

If I were in the market today I like this package deal the best from Anderson Composites- not the cheap alternative - but the best overall execution with no OEM available. They used the factory OEM as their template, so basically the same thing, but lighter and should be as stiff as OEM aluminum one. I have seen the entire package in person and it is a really nice piece and adds to the car look for sure. But at a premium!

link: https://andersoncomposites.com/colle...th-wicker-bill

Factory wickerbills were hard to find and then members posted on another thread what dealer inventory showed - I called on all of those dealers and they were all gone within a day of post (I called a few days later). So unlikley there will be any more that will surface from dealers as new, unless not in the system and by shear luck.

So unless you get lucky and find someone who wants to sell one they have - you are looking at the aftermarket options.

Hope you find the one you like and works well!
Man ! That is really, really nice. I really like that ! The price seems about right to me for great quality carbon fiber. I have the stock wickerbill, but, I have not drilled the spoiler yet... Still thinking about it, since my car is a street car.
hjdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #12
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Do a search on google bro. Classic Industries will be selling the GM wickerbill. It's already listed in their current catalog.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:20 PM   #13
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Do a search on google bro. Classic Industries will be selling the GM wickerbill. It's already listed in their current catalog.
Bad info. That is a drop ship order and they do not stock it.

Ask me how I know...

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #14
WhiteOut_1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Im considering this for my ride

https://www.aerosportconcepts.com/st...r_Only%29.html
2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE - LSX376-B8, Eforce-1598 Supercharger, N20 Dual Stage kit , ARH Headers and CatBack , Willwood Big Brake Kit ,BMR subframe connectors, AFe Rear subframe bushing , AFe PFADT Tie rods and Trailing arms, and MRR z28 Replicas 20x10s and 20x11s - Toyo ST ii 285/30/20 - 315/30/20
WhiteOut_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote