Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 11-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #7813
Michaels2011

Drives: 2014 2lt/RS
I got rides from& use Coggin @ the avenues

K&N cai..... WCC underhood lighting.... 1LE strut tower brace.... Custom painted Fuse box/engine covers & strut tower brace.... Pfadt 1.25 lowering springs.....Ghosted side markers.....
Michaels2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #7814
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi KJDuane,

I would be happy to assist in locating a dealership in your area! If you would like to send a private message with your zip code, I can do so. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDuane View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for a dealer in the Jax area for warranty work? I didn't buy my camaro here but I need some minor warranty work done on the on-star system. I used george moore for service last month, but was really unimpressed with the staff. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #7815
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey guys,

About a month ago I got rear-ended (again) and my car was at the body shop at Jerry Hamm getting fixed until Friday. When I had a chance to walk around and look at it in the sunlight yesterday, I started finding a never-ending list of shoddy work that they did fixing my car. From my rear bumper and trunk not lining up, to paint runs and pock marks in the clear--it was very clear that they rushed my car through the shop and returned it without double-checking (especially since my car is tracking hard to the right which means they didn't bother to drive it and see if it was good to drive). I'm sick, infuriated, and so furious I'm having a hard time trying to figure out my next logical step.
I already called their shop back and left a very lengthy and detailed message, but having gone through this mess in January, I don't want my car to be redone horribly three times before I accept it.
So, A) does anyone have any advice about where I should go from here?
and B) Is there another GREAT body shop you guys recommend? I've heard some people take their cars to Brumos and they do a great job.

Thanks for letting me vent and I hope I can get my car back out there soon :(
Old 11-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #7816
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Hey guys,

About a month ago I got rear-ended (again) and my car was at the body shop at Jerry Hamm getting fixed until Friday. When I had a chance to walk around and look at it in the sunlight yesterday, I started finding a never-ending list of shoddy work that they did fixing my car. From my rear bumper and trunk not lining up, to paint runs and pock marks in the clear--it was very clear that they rushed my car through the shop and returned it without double-checking (especially since my car is tracking hard to the right which means they didn't bother to drive it and see if it was good to drive). I'm sick, infuriated, and so furious I'm having a hard time trying to figure out my next logical step.
I already called their shop back and left a very lengthy and detailed message, but having gone through this mess in January, I don't want my car to be redone horribly three times before I accept it.
So, A) does anyone have any advice about where I should go from here?
and B) Is there another GREAT body shop you guys recommend? I've heard some people take their cars to Brumos and they do a great job.

Thanks for letting me vent and I hope I can get my car back out there soon :(
Sorry to hear.Give them a chance to make it right if they don't,get with the ins company and let them know you're not a happy camper.Fleming Island Auto Body put my disaster back together.Give them a call if things don't work out at Hamm.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #7817
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth-ss View Post
Sorry to hear.Give them a chance to make it right if they don't,get with the ins company and let them know you're not a happy camper.Fleming Island Auto Body put my disaster back together.Give them a call if things don't work out at Hamm.
I appreciate it man. I went by today to talk about my car and all I got was a bunch of justification on why my car was given back to me in that condition. Nothing irritates me more than when I'm talked down to about MY own car. My trunk sticks now, but he says it's common because of the cold weather (Despite the fact that it's completely off kilter). I point out how badly put together my rear bumper was, he says he personally checked it but they must have missed a bracket. There was no owning up to their mistakes, just things I should accept and they'll get "right" after the holidays. I'm a bit more than pissed off right now.
I'm trying my best to keep cool until they can try and fix their wrongs, but I just don't understand why my car wasn't double-checked before it was given back to me. And I also don't appreciate the "courtesy wash" that marred my clear coat and left hazing and holograms.
Thanks for letting me vent guys. Hope no one else has had to take this kind of work from them.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #7818
Black&Yellow

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Hey Guys, This Sunday DEC 1st at 1pm we are meeting up at the Town Center Best Buy. You know with all the shoppers lets meet right next door at the Panda Express parking lot. There is more open space there. I can pick up Pizza or we can Cruise out to get something. MoJo's on Beach sounds good as well.

We need to get suggestions on what everyone wants to do for the Month of Dec. See you all there!!

r/
Bob
Black&Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #7819
DaJags85

Drives: 2013 2LS
Hey everyone. With all the talk about dealerships, are any of them in Jax mod friendly? I called Coggin and they're not being very helpful answering my questions. They just tell me sneezing on it voids the warranty.
DaJags85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #7820
12WhiteLS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Anyone from Jax riding down to the Turkey Rod Run this weekend?
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #7821
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
I appreciate it man. I went by today to talk about my car and all I got was a bunch of justification on why my car was given back to me in that condition. Nothing irritates me more than when I'm talked down to about MY own car. My trunk sticks now, but he says it's common because of the cold weather (Despite the fact that it's completely off kilter). I point out how badly put together my rear bumper was, he says he personally checked it but they must have missed a bracket. There was no owning up to their mistakes, just things I should accept and they'll get "right" after the holidays. I'm a bit more than pissed off right now.
I'm trying my best to keep cool until they can try and fix their wrongs, but I just don't understand why my car wasn't double-checked before it was given back to me. And I also don't appreciate the "courtesy wash" that marred my clear coat and left hazing and holograms.
Thanks for letting me vent guys. Hope no one else has had to take this kind of work from them.
Call your Insurance Agent and show Him or Her. Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this is a Insurance problem. Didn't read your beginning to this. Good luck!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #7822
dcarlos55

Drives: 2017 HBM A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
I'll be headed down there early Saturday morning.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #7823
bluetooth-ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
Saturday for me.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #7824
bluetooth-ss

Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #7825
12WhiteLS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
I was planning on cruising down to Belair Plaza tomorrow evening. Would be interested in meeting up if anyone is heading down.
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #7826
tanur420

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
We have any good suspension shops in jax? Looking at ordering bmr full bushing kits, toe rods and trailing arms. But dont hae any experience installing them. Was gonna see how much labor itd cost to install them