Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 01-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #113
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Well dude, shit happens...... to all of us at some time! My story goes back to my first Camaro, a 2000 SS ! Same time of year and I had 4 brand spanking new Perelli performance snows, I tell ya these tires were so sticky, it took alto for these tires to let go. Anyways it was cold out but no snow. I decided to show off pulling away from the intersection on the green light! You know, a little motor noise, bit of spin on the tires. I just made it Thur the intersection with moderate torque on the wheels and the car lost control. The rear end shifted right , I corrected with the traction control cutting in! When it righted itself the car lurched back into the curb on the light standard island striking the curb and bouncing up into the light pole ......... I tell ya I was sick when I pulled over and got out and looked at her..........nuff said and lesson learned,,,,,, when it's cold and all else seems OK thats not necessarily the case. I couldn't figure out what happened till I walked out into the intersection ...... all black ice...... not very visible to the naked eye but holy slippery man !!!!!

So sorry about you're loss dude, you are Kay and the Camaro can be replaced ... Take Care eh !
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #114
coolman

coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #115
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
Sorry your loss. I hope you feel better soon
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #116
reedikyaluss

Drives: 2005 Chrysler 300C
Sorry to hear about your accident... glad to hear you are ok.

With that said, this is why we have insurance.

If you have full coverage, which I am sure you do... You should have a new camaro in no time!
reedikyaluss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #117
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
You walked away and first and always thats the #1 priority. Ya financially and emotional sucks, but always better than the alternative. Your not permanently in a wheel chair never again to drive ANY vehicle, so count the blessings!

I have a Pontaic Solstice (rear wheel drive, summer only tires) and a Chrysler 300 (rear wheel drive Pirellis in summer and Goodyear Assuarnce in winter) I have never had the car lose it on me, but then again I've been driving for 30 years and mostly rear wheel drive. I am wondering if it's the tires that should be the focus and are taking a bad hit, or is it mostly driver inexperience? Living in Sask, it's always frikin cold (even in July ) and I dont feel the tires are bad (nothing even ice grips will do on black ice)

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a thread on the tires? With 400+ hp, it's easy to break lose most any tire. Like in drag racing, it's not about the hp, it's getting the HP to stick to the ground.

Im sure you will take a hit on insurance, but it should be pretty dam close to what you paid (if you paid no more than MSRP) Your recovering from the physical and emotional, and trust me, you will recover financially too and have another Camaro in your garage sooner than you think!

Good luck and I really hope it all works out for you in all aspects!
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #118
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
Shaun what's happening ???
bumblebee rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #119
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Update...

Life goes on, my insurance company is giving me a second chance and there WILL be another Camaro. This next one will really need to be something special to top KILLER BEE. I have it completely planned out as we speak.

If everything goes ok, I should have the new Camaro ordered within the next two weeks. I'll keep everyone posted.

At this time I must say Thankyou... Thankyou to everyone who has comforted me over the past month. After being in an accident and loosing the one thing in my life that was something very special, I can finally move on all because of you guys and gals. I've read every post in this thread whether positive or negative and learned allot from what everyone had to say. From this point forward, I will take from what harm I've done to my car and encourage others to drive safe.

I still have nightmares a month after the crash reliving the smell of the fumes pouring through the airvents out at me. The wine from the airbags deflating... its a terrible thing I hope no-one here has to encounter. With that said, I need to fight my fear.. and get that memory out of my head.

Thankyou Camaro5 members, you are all one great group of people that I'm glad to be part of such gathering online.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #120
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Thats AWESOME news!
You have no idea, im really excited/happy for the update
So SS or V6 still?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #121
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
CAMARO LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, we wish you ALL THE BEST, may the second one be as special as the first...Welcome back, and
THANK YOU TO YOUR INSURANCE CO.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #122
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Thats AWESOME news!
You have no idea, im really excited/happy for the update
So SS or V6 still?
V6 2LT

V6 because of the better gas mileage it offers and the smaller price tag which means with the money I save, I can take and put into exterior and performance mods. The SS wait time is also ludicris. Last time I checked (two weeks ago) the SS had a six month plus wait time. Lastly, I dont think my insurance would want me in an SS as I just dont deserve something with that much performance.

This next ride will look deadly, I promise!

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #123
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
V6 2LT

V6 because of the better gas mileage it offers and the smaller price tag which means with the money I save, I can take and put into exterior and performance mods. The SS wait time is also ludicris. Last time I checked (two weeks ago) the SS had a six month plus wait time. Lastly, I dont think my insurance would want me in an SS as I just dont deserve something with that much performance.

This next ride will look deadly, I promise!

Shaun
Sounds good, but no RS pack?
Once ou go with HIDs, you cant go back lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #124
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
good to hear man

look forward to seein ya at a Edmonton meet/cruise this summer

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #125
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Glad to hear it will all worked, out (just like I figured it would)
________
Jaguar S-Type (1963)

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:41 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #126
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
coooool
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote