Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #309
KnoxCamaro5

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Last weekend's Cherohala Skyway run was mentioned on the Camaro5.com home page. Very cool.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #310
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxCamaro5 View Post
Please send me a private message if you are interested in purchasing a club t-shirt. An initial design is below. The ladies version will not have a logo on the back. We will place an order if we have sufficient quantities. The cost should be about $20.

If you are interested, PM me with quantity, men/women, size.

I don't see the t-shirt design....?????
Old 07-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #311
KnoxCamaro5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I don't see the t-shirt design....?????
How about now?
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #312
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
Is there any room on the shirt front or back for camaro5 members name?Looks great.
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #313
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
How about now?
Looks good But one question.....
Why does it have Knoxville on the back? I thought this was for all of eat Tennessee? that kind of makes it look exclusive to the Knoxville area.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #314
KnoxCamaro5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrsheaven View Post
Is there any room on the shirt front or back for camaro5 members name?Looks great.
There is some space under the logo (on the front) for a name. The printing cost goes up to add the name. We can consider adding names after we get the shirts in. I will look into it further.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #315
KnoxCamaro5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Looks good But one question.....
Why does it have Knoxville on the back? I thought this was for all of eat Tennessee? that kind of makes it look exclusive to the Knoxville area.
The club is intended for all east Tennessee. In fact, we have received emails from folks out state and even overseas who would like to join. Knoxville simply serves as our "home base".

Last edited by KnoxCamaro5; 07-17-2010 at 11:45 AM.
KnoxCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #316
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
The club is intended for all east Tennessee. In fact, we have received emails from folks out state and even overseas who would like to join. Knoxville simply serves as our "home base".
I know and that is why there was no mention of a particular city in the name of the club, there was much discussion about it not being tied to a particular city, so I thought it was strange to put Knoxville under the logo..

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 07-17-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #317
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
skyman, no disrespect but, i'm from maryville, which is south of knoxville. we all have to have a 'base' to run out of, and since most people are from the knoxville area, it's called that. i've seen a pattern of posts from u that seem to be negative for a group that is primarily knoxville. part of starting a group which would include a base city on most organizations.....i just don't get your hangup over a city named on a group?? does tri-cities not have a camaro based group? and if not, then join in ours and try not to worry about the city based name.......i suspect you'll be much happier if u do.
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #318
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by light-my-firebyrd View Post
skyman, no disrespect but, i'm from maryville, which is south of knoxville. we all have to have a 'base' to run out of, and since most people are from the knoxville area, it's called that. i've seen a pattern of posts from u that seem to be negative for a group that is primarily knoxville. part of starting a group which would include a base city on most organizations.....i just don't get your hangup over a city named on a group?? does tri-cities not have a camaro based group? and if not, then join in ours and try not to worry about the city based name.......i suspect you'll be much happier if u do.
So instead of just putting Knoxville on there why can't there be something like "Home Base Knoxville Tennessee" Or "Headquarters, Knoxville Tennessee."

Just putting Knoxville on the back would make people from other areas think the person wearing the shirt is from Knoxville or the club is just for the Knoxville Area. Would you want to wear the shirt if it said "Tri-Cities" on it?

I was a member of the East Tennessee Corvair Club, out of Kingsport, but nowhere on any hats or T-shirts did it designate Kingsport as it's home base...
Old 07-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #319
304hp?
ICEMAN 229

Drives: 2010 V6 Aqua Blue Metallic
Hey Skyman No Disrespect but first you need to start showing up to the meetings like light-my-firebyrd and other members have been doing since day one and maybe we might start considering your concerns.
Thanks
304hp? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #320
304hp?
ICEMAN 229

Drives: 2010 V6 Aqua Blue Metallic
Hey CamaroKnox5, first of all thanks for all your efforts in taking time to put this GREAT shirt together. Put me up for two I'll PM you with the details. The shirt design was put in to vote and all present members agree to the design. So the Knoxville in the back will stay. Once again thank for the Shirts, Business Cards and Banner design.
Thanks
304hp? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #321
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
skyman, i understand your concerns, but to be honest, i've never seen one person get so caught up over a city named on a shirt. It was designed i imagine to let people know it's based out of k-town, which is where the club originates from. you, like many other people are not out of knoxville, but that doesn't make it any less of a east tn club. i am ALSO not out of knoxville, but that doesn't make me NOT wanna wear a shirt or attend the meetings. Like 304 said, u haven't been to any of our meetings and i just think if u r gonna make suggestions to the club, u actually need to attend a meeting at least once to really have a 'beef' with a "wording" of a club t-shirt. It's kinda like when they have meetings at hooters, which u took offense to, to me was just really nit-picky.............my wife and my kid went to hooters, and to be quite honest, was no more offensive than going to walmart and seeing people half-ass dressed.........girls at hooters do not wear their boobs hangin' out.
i guess what i'm trying to say is, if u really wanna be a part of this club, COME down here and PARTICIPATE. I promise, we won't bite.
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #322
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304hp? View Post
Hey Skyman No Disrespect but first you need to start showing up to the meetings like light-my-firebyrd and other members have been doing since day one and maybe we might start considering your concerns.
Thanks
I see where this is going, and I am sorry to bother you good people with my suggestions. I have been members of other clubs in the past and never has there ever been an issue of members needing to attend meetings to make suggestions. I am a Charter Member of Vintage Street Rodders of America ( and I don't even own a street rod) and have never attended one of their meetings, and I am the newsletter writer for their website. I have been asked for my opinion many times on things and they have always given me consideration and never thrown it into my face about attending meetings.

PS one suggestion for the shirt.. The club's Web address should be on the shirt.. I think it would do more to promote the club than putting Knoxville on the shirt.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 07-18-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote