Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #29
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
BUT, the LTSFT started climbing as soon as I started driving. By time I got to work it was almost +40%! So that is really saying the rear O2 sensors think the car is running way to lean and want to add a ton of fuel. Now the code says "too rich" but what I think they mean is the fuel trim has gone way to far POSITIVE (over 54%). So now one of the things that could cause this is in fact a leak... thing though is my "normal" long term fuel trims are running only slightly negative... meaning the front O2 sensors think the car is ever so slightly rich, not lean... So it would appear that what ever the issue is, it's not affecting the front O2 sensors...

So my thoughts are some thing happened to the rear o2 sensors when we took them out and then reinstalled... harness, wire, sensor itself... perhaps the sensor didn't seal...

And sense the rear o2s are only there to monitor the cats and don't make any adjustments, it really shouldn't affect performance or MPG... My MPG has gone down but that is because I can't keep my foot out of the throttle!!! LOL

So... that's my thoughts on the subject...

Also, your stacker flanges are in front of the rear o2, but behind the front o2 sensors. If you have a leak there, like mine did, the rears will see it, but not the fronts. Also, IIRC you already had it checked, the weld around the stacker flange could possibly cause the issue.

It'll be interesting to see what Mankind finds out after looking at his v-clamp/stacker flange seal.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #30
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Also, your stacker flanges are in front of the rear o2, but behind the front o2 sensors. If you have a leak there, like mine did, the rears will see it, but not the fronts. Also, IIRC you already had it checked, the weld around the stacker flange could possibly cause the issue.

It'll be interesting to see what Mankind finds out after looking at his v-clamp/stacker flange seal.
oh, you and your facts!! LOL! I guess I had a MAJOR BRAIN FART! LOL Got to much going on right now to keep everything straight... I'm thinking stock manifolds.... d'oah...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #31
mrray13

Quote:
oh, you and your facts!! LOL! I guess I had a MAJOR BRAIN FART! LOL Got to much going on right now to keep everything straight... I'm thinking stock manifolds.... d'oah...

Sorry, lol. It's usually you pointing out that stuff, it's kinda cool catching you napping, hehe
Old 03-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #32
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Sorry, lol. It's usually you pointing out that stuff, it's kinda cool catching you napping, hehe
LOL! Yeah, a 1/2 a bottle of Nyquil does that to a guy! LOL
Old 03-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #33
mrray13

That it will do!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #34
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
Okay, there was about 75% contact on the passenger side and about 90% on the driver side. Definately needed the sealant. Fixin to leave for Mississippi so i will post from my iphone after about 100 miles or so is logged onto the car. Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #35
mrray13

That sucks Mankind, but hopefully this will help fix it! Staying tuned!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #36
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

I believe it has done the trick. I have logged 190 miles and no CEL. I have also noticed that the "whisper" i could hear after i installed them has gone away also. My mpg has gone back up as well over the course of the trip. I have a real good feeling this was a solution. Scrming may want to do this also.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #37
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankind View Post
I believe it has done the trick. I have logged 190 miles and no CEL. I have also noticed that the "whisper" i could hear after i installed them has gone away also. My mpg has gone back up as well over the course of the trip. I have a real good feeling this was a solution. Scrming may want to do this also.
Good news! This will put peoples mind at ease, Thanks.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #38
mrray13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankind View Post

Awesome news!! I hope this truely is the fix. Maybe scrming can do this, and if it fixes his problem, we can let JBA know and they can tweak the stacker flanges.

Of course, quality of install can have something to do with them, but even still, the stackers are a weak point. i believe they can be better after looking at them uninstalled.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #39
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

I agree. They have use tack the stackers on b4 we pull it down and fully weld it. I actually welded the whole area i could reach before i dropped it. The surface areas looked level and nice machined surface was there. Not real sure there is any other way to make it any better. Maybe their engineers can figure something or maybe the few of us who had an issue just had a cpl fluke sets.

I have put 273 miles round trip today and the CEL hasn't reappeared so the stackers are truely the blame in the system. Glad you changed headers and saw this. lol
Old 03-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #40
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Ok... so just coat the top of the stacker with some hi-temp RTV?

I will have to give it a try next time the car is on the hoist...
Old 03-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #41
mrray13

Yep. It seems as though they like to leak. Mine did.

Instead of flat flanges, I wonder why JBA didn't incorporate something closer to normal shorty headers. The ball and socket like joint with bolt through flanges instead of this clamp system. I know cost had something to do with it, and maybe our sets are flukes.

I don't know. I'm glad that it seems as though yours is fixed though Mankind!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #42
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Quote:
Ok... so just coat the top of the stacker with some hi-temp RTV?

I will have to give it a try next time the car is on the hoist...

Correct. I cut the smallest point i could and still get sealant out. one bead all the way around the face of the flange. reinstalled and gave it 3 hrs dry time.