Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #29
billmiller8
Bill

Drives: Rally Yellow Bumble Bee 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter View Post
Wow, I think I would wire it on under the car or lay it on my dash before I would put that thing on my car.
Before I originally got my flip plate, I had my frt plate on my dash, then when I got stopped the first time the trooper issued me a warning and told me to put the plate in my clove box until I recieved my flip plate. what he told me made sense. He said if you keep the plate on your dash and would have a accident that plate could go flying inside your car and actually decapitate something including your head, sure put that plate in my clove box fast.
billmiller8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #30
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Maybe if I paint it IOM or black it will blend better than that raw aluminum but with the plate on you aren't gonna see the bracket anyways....
Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #31
billmiller8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellojacket View Post
Maybe if I paint it IOM or black it will blend better than that raw aluminum but with the plate on you aren't gonna see the bracket anyways....
Yeah, but a $100.00 for a license plate bracket ?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #32
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiLT View Post
I HATE FRONT PLATES..

I got caught and paid the 60.00. I'm keeping it off.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #33
billmiller8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSS View Post

You do know your now a marked man.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #34
jimhowie2000

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT/RS & 6 older Chevy's
I refuse to put the front plate on as it totally destroys the look of the car. Oddly enough, we never put the front plate on our '07 Vette, and the police have never stopped us. I have been stopped twice in the Camaro and gotten one written warning. Both times I told the officer that if he or the state of Ohio wish to foot the bill for a new bumper when I move the car to Tucson this summer, then I will put the plate on, until then, as the car IS going to be in Arizona, where no front plate is required, it stays OFF! If they keep pestering me, I will register it to my Tucson address now and Ohio can go to hell...they will lose not only my $$$ but the extra surcharge for a special plate....
jimhowie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #35
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmiller8 View Post
Be forwarned though once you do get stopped put one on because they will have you pegged after the first stop. good luck.
I don't know how much driving you do in Delaware but it is one the states that do not require a front plate. I live right on the boarder and I do most of my driving in that state. No sales tax as well so if I am driving that is where I usually am. I have a brother-in-law that is a cop and I've asked him how many people he stops without a front tag. He told me he does not have a front tag on his Mustang so he only adds it if he gets someone with something else first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSS View Post

Old 03-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #36
billmiller8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
I don't know how much driving you do in Delaware but it is one the states that do not require a front plate. I live right on the boarder and I do most of my driving in that state. No sales tax as well so if I am driving that is where I usually am. I have a brother-in-law that is a cop and I've asked him how many people he stops without a front tag. He told me he does not have a front tag on his Mustang so he only adds it if he gets someone with something else first.

That's one of how many cops in Maryland ?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #37
Trailbreaker77

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmiller8 View Post
That's one of how many cops in Maryland ?
True you do have a point, it is up the the officer if they want to pull someone over for no front tag. If I get pulled over and they get rude about it I will put one on. Until then I will just be a law breaker.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #38
billmiller8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I think it's crooked...
Old 03-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #39
billmiller8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
True you do have a point, it is up the the officer if they want to pull someone over for no front tag. If I get pulled over and they get rude about it I will put one on. Until then I will just be a law breaker.
Good luck
Old 03-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #40
Kenster

Drives: 2LT Cyber Gray
I was pulled over in January and the Maryland trooper gave me a warning, but it's obviously in the system and easily accessed by any of the other officers out there...

He saw me go by three lanes over while he was getting back in his cruiser, and it didn't take long for him to catch up and having not been in front of me, said "no front tag" was why he pulled me over. Good eye. I had thrown the tag up on the dash, and when he saw it there he said I should have it propped up. Which would be perfect for totally blocking your vision... He then asked me how fast she'll go... I told him "I couldn't tell you, and if I could, I wouldn't tell you."

Since I hear Maryland may go to a single plate, I cut some slots in the bracket and used heavy-duty 3/8 wide zip ties to hold it to the lower grille for now. With a little rubber tape along the contact edge, I still don't see any scratches on the bumper.
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #41
Trailbreaker77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster View Post
I was pulled over in January and the Maryland trooper gave me a warning, but it's obviously in the system and easily accessed by any of the other officers out there...

He saw me go by three lanes over while he was getting back in his cruiser, and it didn't take long for him to catch up and having not been in front of me, said "no front tag" was why he pulled me over. Good eye. I had thrown the tag up on the dash, and when he saw it there he said I should have it propped up. Which would be perfect for totally blocking your vision... He then asked me how fast she'll go... I told him "I couldn't tell you, and if I could, I wouldn't tell you."

Since I hear Maryland may go to a single plate, I cut some slots in the bracket and used heavy-duty 3/8 wide zip ties to hold it to the lower grille for now. With a little rubber tape along the contact edge, I still don't see any scratches on the bumper.
This would be awesome but that is the first I heard about it.