Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #57
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hair10 View Post
Nope. The most useless feature is the door lock/unlock button below the radio. Has anyone actually used this?
Yes, when picking up someone. The auto lock doors won't let them in if I don't.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #58
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
My vote is for Seat Belt Loops. I am 6'2" and with seat adjusted for me the loops are no where near the belt.

ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #59
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
I'd say AFM on the L99. most useless "feature" on an otherwise great V8.
Ditto that !
Old 03-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #60
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Exclamation Location of headlight switch, decal stripes instead of painted, L99 tick, skip shift

A BUNCH OF QUOTES WITH MY OPINIONS ADDED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit iron rules View Post
And the award for the Camaro's most useless feature goes to ............ the sun visor!. When postitioned at the side it's absolutely USELESS. Is it really that difficult to put in a large funtional sun visor?.
I like the sun visors> They work great for me and I like how small they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorad View Post
I would say the "fog lights" that come with the RS package
Fog Lights should be fog lights not daytime running lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
The L99 lifter tick.
I had the L99 lifter tick after 320 miles. I took it to the dealer at 420 miles and got the oil changed. The lifter tick quieted down a lot for now. It's not even an issue at this point. Try an oil change and see if it helps.

Quote:
I'd agree. What is the point? How much gas are we saving ? But maybe they could not make our cars for that price unless the met certain fuel milage requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I was going to go with the fender 'vents' that are just indentations.

As others have said, the visor is small because the roof is low. I've never had a good visor, particularly when at the side. All I can do is sit up as tall as possible and hope for the best.
They should have put the decals in the vents with the stripe package. Actually painted the stripes and gills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliEMT View Post
Mail Slot. Side"vent" indentations, Sport Mode (lose too much traction), and I agree with the Lifter Ticking!
Try an oil change. It worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
"Camaro's most useless feature"

The back seat.

Cause
#1 Its a sports car.
#2 If it ain't big enough to BLEEP in, its wasted space.
The back seats are useless, but this might be one of those things where they put them in to make it a family car instead of a sports car to avoid some regulation or tax to make it cheaper for all of us to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hair10 View Post
Nope. The most useless feature is the door lock/unlock button below the radio. Has anyone actually used this?
It took me a while to find the door lock button, but now that I know where it is I'm fine with it. It's excessible for both the driver and the passenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
My vote would be the heated side mirrors on the SS2. I did not buy the car to drive in the snow so what is the purpose? (Heck they equipped the car with summer tires?) I have never turned them on.

As for the front cup holder on an LS3. I use mine to hold my cell phone. In an SS2 it is about the only open spot due to the gauges.

I don't know how the mirror heaters go on or off, but if you drive in a cold climate or a moist day with quick temp changes your mirrors can fog up. It happends to me in my work vehicle when I drive thru a tunnel a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeMan View Post
skip shift
I own an auto, but this would seem to be a useless feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSPARKS5 View Post
OnStar
OnStar is good because if someone steals your dream car they can shut it off and find it for you, and it lowers your insurance so you can afford your car !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbo View Post
I was thinking that stupid message that keeps blocking the DIC telling you there may be ice if the temp is below 37 degrees.

I drive for a living this can be important. If the road looks wet you don't know if it is ice or not. There is nothing wrong with bringing this to our attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn2usa View Post
Volume control on the steering wheel.

If you wanted me to have both hands on the wheel at all times why sell me a manual transmission?

Is it that much of a stretch to reach the volume knob?
I love the volume control on the steering wheel. I drive tractor trailers and we have this feature. It's one of the features I use the most. The idea is to keep your hands on the wheels and your eyes on the roads so you don't look down to adjust the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddydog View Post
I posted something about the tiny visors several months ago. Something along the lines of "I nominate the 2010 Camaro for having the smallest sun visors ever installed in a car." FBodfather came into the thread pretty quickly and advised that they were made the size they are due to crash safety regulations regarding head injuries. Any larger, he said, and they could be dangerous in a wreck.

But I still think they could have been made longer and maybe extendible to cover more real estate. I still get blinded on the way to work pretty regularly when the sun shines in between the passenger visor and the mirror. Quite a gap there.

Rob

Think about it we have that chooped roof look. The sun visors need to be small or you won't see anything. They work fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Yes, when picking up someone. The auto lock doors won't let them in if I don't.
When I first got my camaro it was locking the doors all the time, even locking me out. There are some adjustments for that in your radio, press config.

-------------------------OK MY RECAP-----OR MY OPINION----AGAIN WITH NEW IDEAS----------------

Ok for my the most useless feature is the location of the headlight switch. When I'm driving it is really hard for me to see it and find it. They should just move it over to where the door lock swich is, or put it on the steering wheel, or by the shifter. I'm not saying these would be cool places. They are kind of unconventional places but the switch is hard to get at when you want to find it.

Also the daytime headlights I don't care for too much, I would have rather had some HID fog lights with a fog light switch.

Stronger paint & more clear coat, and splash guards standard on the car would have been nice.

The color coded engine cover standard would have been nice.

Also a noobie guide to caring for the exterior of your new 40K dream machine..

I think a telescoping wheel feature would have been nice. Gm are you listening? It's too late for me. I already have to pay for mine for 6 years..

SO, For me the features that need improvement are the decal stripes instead of painted ones, the delicate paint that scratches so easy, followed by the location of the headlight switch, the daytime running lights, and the skip shift (if I had it).

I do love my Camaro, like most of you do... Maybe I love mine more I don't know..

It's a great cruzing car and I think it is very comfortable.. It's a lot of fun !
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #61
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeMan View Post
skip shift
Mine never bothers me.. it never goes off for me.. in the 8K miles Ive driven only twice has it forced me into 4th..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #62
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
My vote is for Seat Belt Loops. I am 6'2" and with seat adjusted for me the loops are no where near the belt.

I was actually going to ask about the Seat Belt Loop, but I don't want to sound like too much of a newby. Does anybody actually use it? Every Camaro I test drove had the seat belt not going through the loop.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #63
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 bumblebee
Fog Lights should be fog lights not daytime running lights.
AGREED!!! Its retarded. There yellowish light.. in RS the halo's should of been daytime running lights. I almost always turn my halos on when driving.. rather have side markers on then have those stupid fogs..
Someone needs to make a rewire for it so Halo's come on automatically
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #64
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
-------------------------OK MY RECAP-----OR MY OPINION----AGAIN WITH NEW IDEAS----------------

Ok for my the most useless feature is the location of the headlight switch. When I'm driving it is really hard for me to see it and find it. They should just move it over to where the door lock swich is, or put it on the steering wheel, or by the shifter. I'm not saying these would be cool places. They are kind of unconventional places but the switch is hard to get at when you want to find it.

Also the daytime headlights I don't care for too much, I would have rather had some HID fog lights with a fog light switch.

Stronger paint & more clear coat, and splash guards standard on the car would have been nice.

The color coded engine cover standard would have been nice.

Also a noobie guide to caring for the exterior of your new 40K dream machine..

I think a telescoping wheel feature would have been nice. Gm are you listening? It's too late for me. I already have to pay for mine for 6 years..

SO, For me the features that need improvement are the decal stripes instead of painted ones, the delicate paint that scratches so easy, followed by the location of the headlight switch, the daytime running lights, and the skip shift (if I had it).

I do love my Camaro, like most of you do... Maybe I love mine more I don't know..

It's a great cruzing car and I think it is very comfortable.. It's a lot of fun !
Your wheel does telescope or at least it should. The car has it's faults but I still love it. My vote would be for the gas cap holder as the #1 most useless item
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #65
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
+1 If not useless, "most annoying"
Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #66
2SS10RS

Drives: over the speed limit
1. the cupholders are awkward and out of place
2. the visors are usefull only if you remove them and tape them to your forehead when driving
2SS10RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #67
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
+1

And the non functional mail slot. How hard would it be to make the damn thing functional in the first place? It looks cool though.

Last edited by SamSS; 03-12-2010 at 01:46 PM.
SamSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #68
OBX Bumblebee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS T/F Edition
I haven't had any issue with the gas cap holder. I put the string over it and it's worked for me.

I'd go with the door locks - and once I get used to it, it'll be ok. I've gotten out of the drivers side, walk around the car, try to open the passenger door, have to go around the car again, lean into the car to unlock the doors, and go around again. It's minor, but it's been inconvenient the times I've had to do it.
OBX Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #69
OBX Bumblebee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS T/F Edition
Oh, the cupholders are useless. I keep my 20oz. drinks in the front passenger seat.
OBX Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #70
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
I have a telescoping steering column.....I believe all 2010 Camaros do ???
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!