Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #449
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
If I remember correctly they are all the same. Three different sets of brakes would slow assembly down way too much! The parts department could have told you what you needed to know?

I had intentions of heading by a Caddy dealer today, but life had different plans for me. Today was hectic to say the least. I might have to cut a deal for the brakes this week end. So I was hoping someone would know off hand.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to get a heck of a price I might be able to pull off spending less than a grand out of pocket once it all shakes out selling my stock brakes and the Caddy rotors. We'll see...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #450
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
All right, almost done. Would be done but the guy at JDP that packs the boxes forgot one of the pin kits so my passenger side front has no spring or pins. So i am left high and dry till friday. At least they are overnighting it and should be here Friday since tomorrow is the 4th.

Ive flushed the old fluid out of the clutch and pulled the old fluid out of the brakes with a pressurized system from harbor freight. I ordered 5 half litres of the Motul dot4 and still have about 2 pints left.

All is good but the passenger side front has no spring or pin kit but was able to bleed/flush the system. Car is on stands so i guess i will crawl around under it tomorrow and pretend i am doing something constructive!!!! its good to check all the fasteners on the suspension and ehaust i guess.

Kit is superior, now am just about ready to challenge Eagles Canyon Raceway on the monthly track days......shouldnt have to ping over the brakes now. I will run Cobalt Friction XR1/XR2 pads for the track days and HPS pads for the street.

Here are a few crappy pics since pics are a must.....never claimed to be an artsy fartsy photog kind of guy. If they suck.....blow me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They look great! I appreciate the business and support! It was great talking with you at C5Fest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Okay so since this is the "Master CTS-V/ZL1 Brake swap thread" Does anyone know if the CTS-V brakes are the same between the 3 models? Caddy makes a CTS-V Coupe, Sedan, and Wagon. I'm getting a smoking deal on a complete Wagon set up but I'm not sure if they are the same.

They will need to be painted and rebuilt. I'm thinking I will do the Racing Brake piston kits but I'm not 100% sold on the roughly $800 for the kits to do all 4 calipers. I might wuss out and do just the Racing Brake seal kits. I'll sell the Caddy rotors and get the ZL1 fronts and powder coat the hats on my stock rear rotors. Then I'll sell my 1LE red calipers to someone who is into that.

So to repeat my initial question will the Wagon Brakes work? If not I'm moving on to the next plan.
They are all the same. I don't think I'd do the upgraded pistons out of the box; wait until they need to be rebuilt. I'be been running mine for 3 years now with a ton of track time and they're still kicking! You also only need the front calipers; the rears are the same as the SS; just powder coat them to match.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #451
Firefighter

Jordan thanks for the confirmation. I'll have to get the rears because I need to get some money for the Red 1LE calipers. I personally don't like Red brakes I think a silver to match the interior trim will look fantastic. I'll need to paint/powder coat them as they look a little rough.

Tell Tyler I'm still down for the Pfadt headers I talked to him about last week. It's just going to be delayed a few weeks. I plan on sourcing what I can for the brakes from you guys. So you'll still get my money. lol

Thanks again.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #452
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Hey Bull, have you gotten to the track with that Beast yet?

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #453
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Jordan thanks for the confirmation. I'll have to get the rears because I need to get some money for the Red 1LE calipers. I personally don't like Red brakes I think a silver to match the interior trim will look fantastic. I'll need to paint/powder coat them as they look a little rough.

Thanks again.
A Firefighter that thinks silver is a better color than Firefighter PEDDERS RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post

T.
Where have you been?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #454
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Busy with festivals. It is music season. Tomorrow, Arlington Million and then off to MI for the better half's Birthday Weekend. Then, two more weekend of Music Festivals. It is my busy season.

I have not even had a chance to call that other company about their bushings yet.

BTW, thanks again for everything in INDY. YOU DA MAN!!!!!

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #455
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
A Firefighter that thinks silver is a better color than Firefighter PEDDERS RED

Pete if it were up to me the Fire Trucks would be black too... lol

Don't worry when I order that rear Z bar and the lowering coils I'll get them blacked out too... lol

Now what to do with the bushings?

I really prefer the sleeper look.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #456
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Pete if it were up to me the Fire Trucks would be black too... lol

Don't worry when I order that rear Z bar and the lowering coils I'll get them blacked out too... lol

Now what to do with the bushings?

I really prefer the sleeper look.

Okay it's off topic but I saw a black Engine in a Pierce catalog IIRC and it looked weird. The catalog also had a fire engine that was damn near purple in color! Red is what most people still associate and recognize Fire engines, and ladder trucks, and Ambulances to be. Rode on them for 29 years and happy glad to be finally done! I need Pedders coil overs on my ZL1 Pete!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #457
Firefighter

I think Chicago has Black apparatus. I ride red and grew up around the yellow/green. I'm a third gen f/f kinda wish I was retired though. I got 15 to go...

Meanwhile in other news I haven't heard back from this guy with the brakes yet... I need to call him.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #458
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post

T.
No, not yet. Waiting for the weather to cool a bit. Planning on running Eagles Canyon raceway in oct or nov.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #459
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:

Tell Tyler I'm still down for the Pfadt headers I talked to him about last week. It's just going to be delayed a few weeks. I plan on sourcing what I can for the brakes from you guys. So you'll still get my money. lol

Thanks again.
Sounds good! Just let us know how we can help you!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #460
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
No, not yet. Waiting for the weather to cool a bit. Planning on running Eagles Canyon raceway in oct or nov.
You can always road trip that beast up here to the midwest where it is much cooler and better tracks like Road America.

MVP is running OCT 12-13.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #461
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
if anyone is selling there front 6piston brembos let me know i am looking for a set.
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #462
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
if anyone is selling there front 6piston brembos let me know i am looking for a set.
????are you wanting the 4 piston brembos off an SS or the 6 piston brembos off a ZL1 or CTS-V

I have a set of Brembos off my SS. I upgraded to the 6 piston CTS-V brembos.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote