Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #71
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
THREAD CLOSED
Old 10-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #72
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
lets get the man a job.
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #73
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
close a thread move a thread depends who wrote it

Fbodfather, has written a thread that should be in the politics thread, Why won't the MODS move it????????????????????????????
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #74
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg3 View Post
Fbodfather, has written a thread that should be in the politics thread, Why won't the MODS move it????????????????????????????
because FBodfathers thread is countering the OMG What if GM goes Bankrupt OHH NOOOOO threads. thats why. so leave 'em alone.....

Old 10-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #75
Pushing_Tin

Drives: 2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Unfortunately it has to be that way. The problem is GM doesn't apply security clearances to everyone that they distribute their information to. How many 10's of thousands of people in the federal government have access to our national security secrets? If you can't use that classified information then what good is it. That means distributing it to those that need it.

As someone who has held a Security clearance since 93. I see this issue in black and white. I've seen people go to federal prison for using an unclassified copy machine to copy classified documents.

Admittedly, my example is a national security matter, not the same as GM. But, if you are willing to receive that information, then you accept the liability of protecting it. regardless of who provides it to you.

That's how I see it.
Loose lips sink ships. I was in the Air Force and had a top secret clearance. I have a lesser clearance now as a civilian. Even within the federal government Ops Sec is not always followed and information is released. Some people are foreign agents and pass it on for love of country, others sell it for a large amount of money and others are sympathetic to dangerous causes.

IMO it's hypocritical of GM and/or that dealer to let so many different people have access to that "confidential" information and then be shocked when it's leaked. It's simply too easy these days for information to be copied and sent around the world in mere seconds. I feel both the dealer and GM were negligent in protecting that information and they wanted to scapegoat some body.
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #76
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
wow.... in before the lock.

you guys need to settle down. seriously.... its the internet. do you believe everything you read? do you believe every bit of everything someone says?

do you believe me?

seriously.

ok... so one guy thinks the SS wont be able to beat the GT500 without mods... thats his opinion.... instead of adding fuel to the flame fire, just think about how many other cars are out there that the majority of us are actually going to be competing against.

how often do you see a GT500 on the streets?

granted, GM took the mustangs performance and used that as a base line. but still, the majority of the cars we will be "competing against" are going to be the older models of the mustang. how many of you have seen a challenger driven by a younger guy who would actually be willing to have some fun with it on the street?

exactly.

believe me, i would love nothing more than to go out and test drive a camaro tomorrow, or have the pricing information posted when i log in tomorrow morning.

but, the camaro wont be starting production till mid feb. we know this. pricing will come out later this year. we know this. now.... whats the big deal. if you found out that the SS camaro was going to be priced at 35k. how would that change your plans as compared to 40k? or if it was 30k? if it changes your plans in the least, then you are in the wrong place. if you are waiting to start saving cus you dont know how much you will need, then get off the internet and go put some money in the bank if you are that worried about pricing.

ill tell you what tho... it'll cost more than $1000.00 and less than $100,000.00

there, you have your pricing range.

now back to the main topic...oh wait....what was it again, this whole thing has gotten so off hand.... oh, right... thread closures (i seriously had to scroll to the top of the page to see what it was about after reading some of the posts)

why would a thread be closed?

because someone said the mustang is a better car than the camaro.... no.

because some "leaked" information was posted against GM's wishes and they ask for it to be taken down.... yes.

why you ask?
because we here at Camaro5 have a longstanding, great friendship with GM. they provide us with great information and we give it to the world. they sneak in and give us quick little bits of info to help us "keep the faith".

freedom of speech, you say? maybe so. but that "leaked" information, whether it be given to dealers to keep for themselves, or from someone who hacked into GM's site and posted the info... When it says "GM confidential" that has a legal binding to it. honestly if GM wanted to, they could sue those who posted it up, even if it was posted somewhere else first.
will they? no. why not? because the info that came out... wasnt all that much. unless you've been living under a rock....(which ive noticed a lot more members since the "leaked" info was posted)

but the point comes down to that if the mods/admin feel that a topic has drifted way too far off course to recover or has erupted into a mud slinging contest, then it will be closed. we arent (well, shouldnt be) here to argue about things we dont know about. we are here to DISCUSS options and variances and whatnot. but when it comes to threads becoming fights or posting info that is against ones wishes, it will be taken down.

imagine the worst thing you ever did, to someone, something, whatever.... imagine it was caught on camera... then posted online for the world to see... would you ask the mods/admin to take it down?

this is equivilant to that.... only we are keeping the BEST thing GM's ever done hidden until the time is right.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #77
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke

very well said Spike.

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:43 PM   #78
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yep. Thanks Spike.

Now, everyone cool?

May we move on, please?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #79
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
wow.... in before the lock.

you guys need to settle down. seriously.... its the internet. do you believe everything you read? do you believe every bit of everything someone says?

do you believe me?

seriously.

ok... so one guy thinks the SS wont be able to beat the GT500 without mods... thats his opinion.... instead of adding fuel to the flame fire, just think about how many other cars are out there that the majority of us are actually going to be competing against.

how often do you see a GT500 on the streets?

granted, GM took the mustangs performance and used that as a base line. but still, the majority of the cars we will be "competing against" are going to be the older models of the mustang. how many of you have seen a challenger driven by a younger guy who would actually be willing to have some fun with it on the street?

exactly.

believe me, i would love nothing more than to go out and test drive a camaro tomorrow, or have the pricing information posted when i log in tomorrow morning.

but, the camaro wont be starting production till mid feb. we know this. pricing will come out later this year. we know this. now.... whats the big deal. if you found out that the SS camaro was going to be priced at 35k. how would that change your plans as compared to 40k? or if it was 30k? if it changes your plans in the least, then you are in the wrong place. if you are waiting to start saving cus you dont know how much you will need, then get off the internet and go put some money in the bank if you are that worried about pricing.

ill tell you what tho... it'll cost more than $1000.00 and less than $100,000.00

there, you have your pricing range.

now back to the main topic...oh wait....what was it again, this whole thing has gotten so off hand.... oh, right... thread closures (i seriously had to scroll to the top of the page to see what it was about after reading some of the posts)

why would a thread be closed?

because someone said the mustang is a better car than the camaro.... no.

because some "leaked" information was posted against GM's wishes and they ask for it to be taken down.... yes.

why you ask?
because we here at Camaro5 have a longstanding, great friendship with GM. they provide us with great information and we give it to the world. they sneak in and give us quick little bits of info to help us "keep the faith".

freedom of speech, you say? maybe so. but that "leaked" information, whether it be given to dealers to keep for themselves, or from someone who hacked into GM's site and posted the info... When it says "GM confidential" that has a legal binding to it. honestly if GM wanted to, they could sue those who posted it up, even if it was posted somewhere else first.
will they? no. why not? because the info that came out... wasnt all that much. unless you've been living under a rock....(which ive noticed a lot more members since the "leaked" info was posted)

but the point comes down to that if the mods/admin feel that a topic has drifted way too far off course to recover or has erupted into a mud slinging contest, then it will be closed. we arent (well, shouldnt be) here to argue about things we dont know about. we are here to DISCUSS options and variances and whatnot. but when it comes to threads becoming fights or posting info that is against ones wishes, it will be taken down.

imagine the worst thing you ever did, to someone, something, whatever.... imagine it was caught on camera... then posted online for the world to see... would you ask the mods/admin to take it down?

this is equivilant to that.... only we are keeping the BEST thing GM's ever done hidden until the time is right.

Can you please have an opinion the next time you post? J/J!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #80
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Spike for President!!!!

Uh oh. Now I have to move this thread... Damn.

jk
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #81
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Spike for President!!!!

jk
Spike for VP, Fbodfather for President
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #82
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieke View Post

very well said Spike.
thanks. it honestly hurts me to see the way things have gone on here over the last few months. with the surge in members, its getting harder and harder to qualm all the repeat posts/threads etc. and everyone is getting all butt-hurt about someone elses opinion. and this is just my opinion on this. i call things how I see them. whether it be political, mechanical, camaro-ical, whatever. i have some very serious views on nearly everything out there. but i like to stay objective and accept both sides of a debate. i try my best to keep from getting emotionally involved in threads and as such i dont post much in the political/religious forum section cus it would get (more) out of hand :bangdesk:
the "Join the military" threads or the "Lower the drinking age" threads, I can argue points for both sides effectively. (and sometimes do in the same thread)

ive been labeled as a Hardcore Automatic guy because of my posts in the "Auto faster than Manual" thread. when if you look at the majority of my posts, I give detailed information as to how and why the auto can be faster than the manual, but too many times i get opposed by the majority who believes that its not a muscle car unless its a stick, or you arent a man if you cant drive a manual, or its not a muscle car unless its a V-8... ok thats fine. thats how you feel about it. i wont get offended by it. in fact, i dont get offended at all, save for when someone else gets offended by something petty and stupid.

I like to keep the peace around here and answer questions to the best of my knowledge and clear up the confusion and messes that erupt around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yep. Thanks Spike.

Now, everyone cool?

May we move on, please?
move along please... show's over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Can you please have an opinion the next time you post? J/J!
i'll work on that for ya...

Quote:
Spike for President!!!!

jk
if i could run, i would. :flag2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Spike for VP, Fbodfather for President
that works for me. i would rather be taking care of things in the background anyway...

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote