Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #29
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
I noticed you have ARH and wondered if you have high flow cats? You know that you can loose a lot of power from pluged up cats. I have exploded two sets of ARH high flow cats and had some power loss. There are many things that can happen after the fact that can cause a substantial power loss. It is possible that the numbers were acurate and that something else has happened. I am just giving my opinion and not to favor any shop mentioned above.
His cats are still in great shape,

The L 99 does not have proper components to make
the numbers originally claimed.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #30
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will@Apf View Post
std graph?
I was waiting for someone to bring that up,
Great for marketing......bad for reality
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #31
Will@Apf

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
I was waiting for someone to bring that up,
Great for marketing......bad for reality
LOL...
Will@Apf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #32
FloMoCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
You are going to be VERY pleased with this build!!! Your car and my car ( http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75925 ) will about as close of a match as you can get. I can tell ya - YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!! As everyone has already said - You will not regret taking your car to ADM Performance, they are first rate in my book! I look forward to the seeing the results of the build, and maybe on one on trips to back and forth to Shreveport (which I do about 2 times a month), maybe we can hook-em-up...
FloMoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #33
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
Yes the dyno graphs are in STD
Just as half of the shops use. The other half use sae which I'm sure is what they used for the pull. Also we dyno the cars then we go and drive them on the street and street tune them. If I remember right his car had to also have 2-3* of timing pulled to be safe on the road. Also to add this was our first stage 1 car and we were very pleased with it's results. Sence this build we have done Many more identical builds. Most we net more than this. Also have 4 stage one builds coming in over the next 4 weeks :-).

The car was not re dynoed after the changes. Convertor was unlocked. A dyno is a tuning tool
and is to be used as that only. It will
read
different on different dynos. We do our first and last pulls in the same correction fActor so it shows true gains and that's what matters. It
doesn't matter if you use one of the MANY differen factors as long as u use the same for the first and last. In doing that it shows true gains. John I'm glad you getting your next step done on your car ! I'm sure you will be very happy with your results! I have only
heard good about that shop! Keep us up to date on the results.

Last edited by east TX Muscle cars; 04-22-2010 at 11:55 AM.
east TX Muscle cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #34
Will@Apf

Quote:
Originally Posted by east TX Muscle cars View Post
Yes the dyno graphs are in STD
Just as half of the shops use. The other half use sae which I'm sure is what they used for the pull. Also we dyno the cars then we go and drive them on the street and street tune them. If I remember right his car had to also have 2-3* of timing pulled to be safe on the road. Also to add this was our first stage 1 car and we were very pleased with it's results. Sence this build we have done Many more identical builds. Most we net more than this. Also have 4 stage one builds coming in over the next 4 weeks :-).

The car was not re dynoed after the changes. Convertor was unlocked. A dyno is a tuning tool
and is to be used as that only. It will
read
different on different dynos. We do our first and last pulls in the same correction fActor so it shows true gains and that's what matters. It
doesn't matter if you use one of the MANY differen factors as long as u use the same for the first and last. In doing that it shows true gains. John I'm glad you getting your next step done on your car ! I'm sure you will be very happy with your results! I have only
heard good about that shop! Keep us up to date on the results.

A dyno is just a tool..... wish more people understood that! everyone is looking for a # not a good setup!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #35
east TX Muscle cars

Yea it s a tool. And most any shop should agree with that
Old 04-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #36
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
True it is a tool, but it is also a measure of horsepower as a finished product. Kind of like the difference in audio equipment, 100 watts with a Sanyo and 100 watts with an Alpine are night and day different. Hence the difference in price.
SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) is the professional standard. "Standard" on the dyno will show an increased difference as the power increases thus skewing the results.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #37
east TX Muscle cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
True it is a tool, but it is also a measure of horsepower as a finished product. Kind of like the difference in audio equipment, 100 watts with a Sanyo and 100 watts with an Alpine are night and day different. Hence the difference in price.
SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) is the professional standard. "Standard" on the dyno will show an increased difference as the power increases thus skewing the results.
actually the STD and SAE will show the same "GAINS" yes they are not the same numbers but it will show kind of "what you got for your money" the track is what tells you WHAT YOU REALLY GOT. you sill see about a 50/50 of shops using sae and std. all the other corrections are rarely used. but i can print off all the differences of of STD and SAE before and after, but lets take it out of this mans thread and else where Last thing il say is. those numbers were his peak numbers as i stated earlier. Rarely do you see a car leave the shop with the numbers it Peaked at because of "safety" if the tuner is doing his job he will take it out and make sure its all good, and a "peak" tune is hard to keep in a car on the street. the load on the street is much more than on a dyno jet 24" drum dyno.

Start another thread about ho dyons work and the differences and shoot me a link and ill love to join in!

Again Jon congrats on the build and i know you will be thrilled with it when its finished! it will be a beast!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #38
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will@Apf View Post
A dyno is just a tool..... wish more people understood that! everyone is looking for a # not a good setup!
Considering the owner took his car to another city to have his built redone and completed, well I'm not sure the good setup argument holds water. You bet a dyno's just a tool, just like sending a customer out the door with a half-assed build is fraud/liable (or worse... and I won't speak for the owner here, but believe there is something much WORSE to be spoken about at the owner's discretion... lucky for you there, ETMC, and you know what I mean.)

The label still applies... and I wouldn't argue differently, ETMC, less your bad deeds be exposed completely.... and, btw, I went to the ADM shop today. I've seen things first hand now.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #39
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
cool
Old 04-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #40
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
Considering the owner took his car to another city to have his built redone and completed, well I'm not sure the good setup argument holds water. You bet a dyno's just a tool, just like sending a customer out the door with a half-assed build is fraud/liable (or worse... and I won't speak for the owner here, but believe there is something much WORSE to be spoken about at the owner's discretion... lucky for you there, ETMC, and you know what I mean.)

The label still applies... and I wouldn't argue differently, ETMC, less your bad deeds be exposed completely.... and, btw, I went to the ADM shop today. I've seen things first hand now.

WOW!
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #41
Will@Apf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post

I drink too dang much!!!!

If it was a quality issue on a build that would suck and hope its not the case..

My point, just because a car makes a lower number does not mean its a bad build in MOST cases....

but i do know the car is in good hands right now and will be fine
Old 04-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #42
spinetexas

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloMoCamaro View Post
You are going to be VERY pleased with this build!!! Your car and my car ( http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75925 ) will about as close of a match as you can get. I can tell ya - YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!! As everyone has already said - You will not regret taking your car to ADM Performance, they are first rate in my book! I look forward to the seeing the results of the build, and maybe on one on trips to back and forth to Shreveport (which I do about 2 times a month), maybe we can hook-em-up...
Was wondering what u thought about the cam??
Would love to see your car. Love the paint job, looks bad A.
spinetexas is offline   Reply With Quote