Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Update from Vararam

Several people have contacted Vararam to ask about a CAI for the V6. Nearly all of them have gotten some version of the same response, i.e. something will be released next week or in a couple more weeks. We've been hearing this for more than four months, maybe longer.

Last week I sent a pointed e-mail to Vararam asking them to come clean and just tell us what is going on. Today I got a response which is a slight improvement over previous ones:

Quote:
The unit just finished test mile runs. We had to reach 12,000 miles for durability and we made that without issue.

We are currently trying some development parts for added performance before we go to production.

As is, its very strong and the cars tune was spot on out of the box.
So a little more detail, but still no deadline and no hint of what to expect in terms of gains. I sent a response begging for some more info. I'll let you know if I hear back from Vararam.

Personally, I'm really hoping these guys come through, but time keeps on ticking...
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VS View Post
Several people have contacted Vararam to ask about a CAI for the V6. Nearly all of them have gotten some version of the same response, i.e. something will be released next week or in a couple more weeks. We've been hearing this for more than four months, maybe longer.

Last week I sent a pointed e-mail to Vararam asking them to come clean and just tell us what is going on. Today I got a response which is a slight improvement over previous ones:

So a little more detail, but still no deadline and no hint of what to expect in terms of gains. I sent a response begging for some more info. I'll let you know if I hear back from Vararam.

Personally, I'm really hoping these guys come through, but time keeps on ticking...
Wow so their email account DOES work. They told me a long time ago they were finishing up the 12000 mile runs though, so I wouldn't listen to it.

My suspicion is something went very wrong in the testing phase. I can't explain it any other way. For months we corresponded and they were very excited, very nice. Then all of a sudden the replies got very vague and then stopped coming altogether.

Delays are one thing; if you're delaying a product to make it better I have no problem. But the run-around and lack of information to the consumer just makes no sense to me.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
John VS

Quote:
Delays are one thing; if you're delaying a product to make it better I have no problem. But the run-around and lack of information to the consumer just makes no sense to me.
Agreed. I hadn't realized they'd used the 12,000 mile excuse before. Sounds like this isn't much progress at all. What a shame.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
02pewtersix

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I saw a Vararam ad in GMhightech performance magazine..in the corner it read "V6 kit out by the time you read this" i wonder how many ads theyve had like this. id say false advertisement?
02pewtersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Seems like the LLT has taken alot of aftermarket folks by surprise. Bet they all will handle things a bit differently when they come out with new products in the future.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
I'd say that if your going to wait for it then don't buy it especially if FI comes into your mind at all.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
VR-V6 update.

Currently we are putting the final tweaks on the tooling for the unit that will go to production. (look and feel etc..)

In the last few weeks we have found a development that has shown to give some measurable added power over the Beta test mules we have been running.

We have been working to add this development into the tooling of the production unit before we leaked out any pictures. (You can and will see this in pictures)

This special feature adds even more real world Performance to the V-6 system.

We hope to leak pic's out some time next week.

VR Tech
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
VR-V6 update.

Currently we are putting the final tweaks on the tooling for the unit that will go to production. (look and feel etc..)

In the last few weeks we have found a development that has shown to give some measurable added power over the Beta test mules we have been running.

We have been working to add this development into the tooling of the production unit before we leaked out any pictures. (You can and will see this in pictures)

VR Tech
Thanks for the response. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
been waiting on a proper cai
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
John VS

Quote:
Just in time for my birthday!

Thank you Vararam. Looking forward to pics, dyno sheets, pricing, etc.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #11
convert

Drives: the Camaro as often as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
VR-V6 update.

VR Tech
You don't even have to leak them! You could release them officially!

Sorry, my sense of humor is an acquired taste.
convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 AM   #12
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #13
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
want a proper cai?...buy injen..period
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #14
02pewtersix

Drives: 2013 ZL1
im waiting for this. i already have a FI car to have fun with. plus other cars ive owned (plus a truck) ive used vararam, and was happy. i have never been disappointed with them. i dont care how long its taken for them to come out..if there was a problem im sure they are trying to fix it.
02pewtersix is offline   Reply With Quote