Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
buy A6... swap engine front cover / cam and MAYBE lifters, some tunning to disable all that VVT crap and boila...

easier, and you dont have to mess with a bunch of complex stuff...
Old 05-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Going from manual to auto is by far the easiest way. Yes, you can just run a standalone. BUT.. If the person wants to re-pin their PCM using factory wiring, it is a nightmare of epic proportions.

Personally, I would ditch the 6L80 (they suck for power capabilities) and install a built 4L80E, with a TCI controller. This will allow you to run their paddle shift kit as well..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KWIK4U View Post
Is the wiring job extensive because of changing an auto to auto with standalone computer or going from 6 speed to auto with stand alone computer. I thought with a swap from manual to auto it would be simpler because of using a stand alone computer and harness?

Danny
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #17
2KWIK4U

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2014 Camaro vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
Going from manual to auto is by far the easiest way. Yes, you can just run a standalone. BUT.. If the person wants to re-pin their PCM using factory wiring, it is a nightmare of epic proportions.

Personally, I would ditch the 6L80 (they suck for power capabilities) and install a built 4L80E, with a TCI controller. This will allow you to run their paddle shift kit as well..

That sounds like a good idea, I will have to look into that.

Thanks

Danny

" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" -John Wayne "The Shootist"
2KWIK4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #18
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #19
2KWIK4U

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2014 Camaro vert
TCI Transmissions claims to have a 6 speed auto that has a lifetime guarantee to 850 HP. I am not sure how it would install in a auto car but it has a standalone computer system with both auto and full manual shifting.

I might have to look into this when the time gets closer for my convertible to come.

Danny

" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" -John Wayne "The Shootist"
2KWIK4U is offline   Reply With Quote