Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Late model year build and questions...

I just got my 2ss/rs LS3 last week. It had 6 miles on it. It now has about 400 miles on it. The VIN ends with 217365.

I know what they say about assumptions but since it was built late in the model year, can I assume it contains the "fixes" mentioned in TSBs or known warranty issues? Is there any way I can check this?

I'm asking because I noticed a vibration (felt through steering wheel) under acceleration and at other times while just driving down what otherwise I would consider a smooth road. I don't remember this being there when I first got it and have been driving the same roads. I don't remember this I haven't "tested" the road with other vehicles and the only other person who has driven the car is my wife (it's half hers when she is around). I can't remember hitting any potholes or anything. Maybe I should check to see if a wheel weight fell off. I did take it to a tire shop because I had a metal piece in the right rear tire I noticed while washing the car. They took the wheel off and pulled the metal piece out. It didn't cause a hole and was just stuck in the rubber so no replacement or repair needed. This occurred about the same time I started noticing the vibration.

I work sometimes 7 days a week and am waiting to get 2-3 days off in a row to take the car to a dealer and see what they think pending some revelations here. Any advice?

Thanks!
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote