Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #1583
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Hey guys, let's keep it cool in here. Everyone can have their opinion. Let's just leave it at that.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #1584
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
I reckon from what has been posted... Canadians have no freedom to protect themselves out of their homes not even with a knife. If you don't carry the handgun on your person ( with a permit ) check your state law to see if and how you can have it in your vehicle.
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #1585
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockstar23 View Post
Like the Justice League?

Its easy for you to have this point of view when your nation has 1/3 of the crime that ours does and not nearly the violence or murders.

When I asked where you hide your gun it was not intended to start a debate and was just looking for a simple anwser. When people ask what is the best programmer and you reply Kooks exhaust is the best, it doesnt do the OP any good. So... can anyone tell me where you prefer to hid your gun?
I don't know if it got lost in the fray, but I have a pistol in a soft holster that I shove between the passenger seat & center console when driving (unless there is a nervous nelly riding shotgun). When it's not there, it's locked in the glove box. The registration & insurance are in the sun visor so I don't have to make the cop nervous if reaching for it under my gun (happened before). That's of course in addition to the gun/guns on my person

EDIT: When you get pulled over, keep your hands on the steering wheel & let the cop know you have a CHL & where your pistol(s) is/are. Sometimes the cops are all pissed off about whatever you just did & start barking orders about license & registration, get out of the car, bla bla bla, but just keep gently insisting that you understand their concerns, but you have something important to tell him before you move your hands away from the steering wheel. But don't say it like "hey asshole shut up, i have a gun" because they might take it the wrong way.

Last edited by iHasCamaro; 03-27-2012 at 03:16 PM.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #1586
evan
ready...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Recently got my CCW permit and selected my MP45 for my carry firearm... So here's a Q for you guys that carry regularly (NOT duty related)

What condition do you carry your personal defense firearm in and does it have an external safety switch?

Condition 1: Mag inserted, round chambered (Safety on if avail)
Condition 3: Mag inserted, round not chambered (Safety on if avail)

I only ask because my pistol does not have an external safety, it has a trigger safety, which isnt that great. Plus it has an internal hammer, so I cannot de-**** it. It kind've seems silly to have to chamber a round if the firearm is there to protect yourself or others in the immediate vicinity in the event of an emergency...
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #1587
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...le-killam.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4636102.stm

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ab/news-no...lam-04-eng.htm

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...ill-surrounded

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/201...otings-111217/

Police reported just over 437,000 violent incidents in 2010, about 7,200 fewer than in the previous year. Violent crimes accounted for just over 1 in 5 offences.

The violent Crime Severity Index declined 6% in 2010 to 88.9, the fourth consecutive annual decrease. Decreases were reported in every province except Newfoundland and Labrador, where police reported a 13% increase.

There were 554 homicides, 56 fewer than in 2009. The national rate of 1.62 homicides per 100,000 population in 2010 was the lowest since 1966. The 10% decline in the homicide rate from 2009 to 2010 followed a decade of relative stability.

Don't pretend like Canada is "safer" than the U.S. Crime can strike anywhere! Gun laws aren't the answer its mandantory sentencing for individuals who commit those crimes.
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #1588
2010SS2SS

Condition 0 - A round is in the chamber, hammer ****ed, and the safety is off.
Condition 1 - furthermore known as "****ed and locked”, means a round is in the chamber, the hammer ****ed, and the manual thumb safety on the side of the frame is applied.
Condition 2 - A round is in the chamber and the hammer is down.
Condition 3 - The chamber is empty and hammer down with a charged magazine in the gun.
Condition 4 - The chamber is empty, hammer down and no magazine is in the gun.

Depends on the weapon! 1911's I carry in condition 1, others I carry in condition 0 (glocks,sigs,h&k, or your m&p)
Trigger discipline is a must! Not engaging the trigger with your finger until you are clear of your body. Carrying a handgun without a round in the chamber, you may as well carry a rock
Old 03-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #1589
evan
ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Condition 0 - A round is in the chamber, hammer ****ed, and the safety is off.
Condition 1 - furthermore known as "****ed and locked”, means a round is in the chamber, the hammer ****ed, and the manual thumb safety on the side of the frame is applied.
Condition 2 - A round is in the chamber and the hammer is down.
Condition 3 - The chamber is empty and hammer down with a charged magazine in the gun.
Condition 4 - The chamber is empty, hammer down and no magazine is in the gun.

Depends on the weapon! 1911's I carry in condition 1, others I carry in condition 0 (glocks,sigs,h&k, or your m&p)
Trigger discipline is a must! Not engaging the trigger with your finger until you are clear of your body. Carrying a handgun without a round in the chamber, you may as well carry a rock

I figured there would be quite a few pepople that picked up on the lingo, lol.

I was figuring the same thing. I agree, trigger discipline is a definite must. Now I just need to figure out a good holster.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #1590
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
Recently got my CCW permit and selected my MP45 for my carry firearm... So here's a Q for you guys that carry regularly (NOT duty related)

What condition do you carry your personal defense firearm in and does it have an external safety switch?

I only ask because my pistol does not have an external safety, it has a trigger safety, which isnt that great. Plus it has an internal hammer, so I cannot de-**** it. It kind've seems silly to have to chamber a round if the firearm is there to protect yourself or others in the immediate vicinity in the event of an emergency...
It's not ideal IMHO to carry w/o one in the chamber. However, if you are new, you might inadvertently do something that could pull the trigger (ala Glock leg). So you might want to carry it ****ed but w/ magazine in but no round in the chamber till you figure out all your routines. After you are comfortable that nothing you are doing is likely to pull the trigger, go ahead and keep one in the chamber. There is always danger involved, but to me it is outweighed by the danger of fumbling around w/ a pistol trying to chamber a round when you should be shooting someone already.

Your M&P is similar to my Springfield XDM's, which acts basically like a modern revolver, but with a shorter trigger. And there is no safety on a revolver that I know of.

The one danger I worry about keeping one in the chamber is not from accidental discharge, but back-setting of the chambered round after repeated re-chamberings (unloading for the range, etc.) I keep lots of self-defense rounds, and every round I un-chamber goes into a box and replaced by a new round. I then measure the round to make sure it is well within overall length tolerances and is not deformed before it goes back into a magazine.

A bullet set too far back has a danger of blowing up your pistol and your hand. Not something you want to have happen. Especially if the goal was to blow up the bad guy, because you just did a lot of his work for him instead.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #1591
evan
ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHasCamaro View Post
It's not ideal IMHO to carry w/o one in the chamber. However, if you are new, you might inadvertently do something that could pull the trigger (ala Glock leg). So you might want to carry it ****ed but w/ magazine in but no round in the chamber till you figure out all your routines. After you are comfortable that nothing you are doing is likely to pull the trigger, go ahead and keep one in the chamber. There is always danger involved, but to me it is outweighed by the danger of fumbling around w/ a pistol trying to chamber a round when you should be shooting someone already.

Your M&P is similar to my Springfield XDM's, which acts basically like a modern revolver, but with a shorter trigger. And there is no safety on a revolver that I know of.

The one danger I worry about keeping one in the chamber is not from accidental discharge, but back-setting of the chambered round after repeated re-chamberings (unloading for the range, etc.) I keep lots of self-defense rounds, and every round I un-chamber goes into a box and replaced by a new round. I then measure the round to make sure it is well within overall length tolerances and is not deformed before it goes back into a magazine.

A bullet set too far back has a danger of blowing up your pistol and your hand. Not something you want to have happen. Especially if the goal was to blow up the bad guy, because you just did a lot of his work for him instead.

Right now I only have a box of 50 PD rounds. I keep one mag loaded. So far the plan is every 2 weeks or so, I download one mag into the box, and get 10 fresh rounds into the other mag... To cycle them a bit. I see your point though.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #1592
2010SS2SS

Buddy of mine almost lost his life over not "trusting" his self to carry "locked and loaded".
If you don't trust yourself or the weapon, don't carry until you do!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #1593
Darkstar November

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Quote:

I carry condition 1 whenever its on me
Darkstar November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #1594
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:

I am of the opinion that safeties kill people. You have no idea how many people I've seen or heard about dieing because they tried to defend themselves with a loaded gun but with the safety on.

When I carry a gun or hide one away loaded, I leave it in a state where it is ready to go and all you have to do is point and shoot which means no safety.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #1595
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I carry Condition 1. I have practiced as I draw to also take the safety off It's just a flick of the thumb. That's just me and how I carry.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #1596
Darkstar November

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
1911 carrier here, **** the hammer on the draw, my safety is easy

lol the text filter
Darkstar November is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun