Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Downwithopp

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Mind Boggling hit and run story.

After my haircut 5 minutes down the road I am coming back up our hill at 5-10 mph (stiff suspension sucks). When the most stereotypical Marin County soccer mom barrels down the road at 50 mph and scrapes the shit out of my back left fender. The part thats funny is she KEEPS DRIVING. She gets to the bottom of our street which is probably half a mile in like 10-15 seconds. So obviously she knows she hit me. I throw the car in reverse and start following to get her license plate number. We pull up to a stopsign and my dad gets out of the car and starts tapping her window, to which she drives off from as well. I end up leaving him on the road (lol) and calling in OnStar to get them to call the police.

I give OnStar her license plate number, and continue following until she actually pulls over at the CHP office in Paradise. I get out of the car to the most terrifying explosion of woman power in the entire world. Shes screaming and yelling and walking around my car looking for damage "I DIDN'T HIT YOU WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME" "OH YOU JUST WAIT UNTILL I CALL THE POLICE OFFICER I KNOW." Well her husband is there, and I'm a pretty fit, taller guy but believe me I didn't want a piece of this guy. Absolutely huge, ripped terrifying guy who actually ended up being pretty cool and reasonable. So when shes done being an angry person I show her the 4-5 inch long stripe of gold paint that she so kindly gave me as my car was stopped. They were both saying "theres popholes up there, and you were going just as fast as I was". The husband got called after she hit me and met up with her at the CHP office.

So the police get there and shes still screaming, and she starts saying "OH WELL HE DOESNT HAVE A FRONT PLATE SO I DIDNT KNOW WHY I WOULD CALL THE POLICE" which made me laugh. The whole time shes yelling at me I have both hands up saying "I really don't want anytrouble, I'm probably one of the most calm people you will ever meet" So we do the whole cop talks to one of us at a time thing, I tell him I know theres potholes, which is why I drive up the road at 5 mph with such stiff suspension and that I was stopped when she hit me. She hit me, floored it away and here we are.

While the two cops are talking a third one pulls up and starts talking to me about my car which is cool.

The cop talking to them comes over and asks me what I want to do since he can clearly see that she hit me. I walk over to my car and am able to just wipe most of her paint off so I just tell him not to do anything, and I don't want to deal with a person like her ever again.

THEN the husband comes over and says to me "I appreciate that, shes been a little tense lately... our house was broken into a couple weeks ago and she just gets scared easily" while on the inside I'm saying "how the hell is that an excuse to hit and run" to which I respond with "Look man its all good, I just wanted her to know she hit me, I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble". He shook my hand, said he appreciated it again and got in his car and drove away. She gets in her car and just leaves no apology no nothing.

The cops sit around and ask me about the car for a bit and tell me I'm free to go, and that I don't need to worry about my front plate, which I thought was really cool of them.

I guess there are stupid people everywhere, but it seems like there is a lot of them in Marin County.

Downwithopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
I would have asked for a police report. A wacko lady like that will end-up telling her insurance and blaming you for it.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Unbelievable! People like her is exactly why I worry every time I get behind the wheel. My dad, who was an over-the-road truck driver for 40 years, taught me how to drive and how to be respectful of others, especially truckers (give them room and let them over, etc.), when out on the road. A great majority of people lose all their manners when they get behind the wheel and become a$$holes with no conscious.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
Downwithopp

Yea crazy, I mean if there were kids/pets in the street they would have been dead.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Sorry to hear that bud! Can't say I am surprised though. Spent 20 years out there in the Bay Area and have to deal with those fruits and nuts everyday. Those fruits and nuts in Marin county were never wrong; it was always someone else's fault. Finally gave up and moved to a slightly saner place. Love the money I made on the house I sold out there in 2005 though LoL.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
you shoulda pressed charges if she hit you, sometimes people need to learn the hard way.
LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #7
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I would have at least a police report written up, as suggestion, to CYA!
Psycho Beeaach!
:(
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
I would have asked for a police report. A wacko lady like that will end-up telling her insurance and blaming you for it.
+1
Old 07-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
When the cop asked what do you want to do, you should have said, "Hold her back while I run my keys down the side of her car..."

There sure are some crazy people out there, but glad there wasn't any more damage to your car!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Can't say I'm really surprised by this.. I live in the bay area and that seems normal lol. I'm glad her husband was cool thats the one good part of this story. So many people just agree with their loved ones, at least he knew something was not right and didn't really take sides.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Wow! Avoiding responsibility then top it off with being a crazy b1tch? WTH? Her husband is prolly that big just to deal with her physical outbursts

I feel sorry for him, but you're a stand up guy! You didn't sink to her level. Well done.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
sounds like she was more crazy than just stupid
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Some people, man

Gotta admit I was kinda hoping this one would end with her gettin run over in court or something. The car is fine though in the end?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #14
Downwithopp

Yea cars fine. There was a little bit of paint exchange which ended up getting wiped off fairly easily. You can't really even tell anything happened. I'm not a super confrontational guy which is why I didn't do anything about it. Honestly being able to tell people about her makes me happy. Just goes to show you money can't buy brains or class.

There wasn't really enough damage to be worth taking someone like her to court, although I did think it was shitty later in the day she didn't at least get charged with hit and run. I can only imagine how that would have gone :(.