Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #29
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
I see a Camaro, Mustang or similar, I think: now there's a woking man's/woman's car.
I see a Lambo and I think: rich brat with a wet handshake inside.
While I can understand your personal taste not being one for a Lamborghini or Ferrari (though I think most would disagree with you that they are unsightly), I don't understand why your thinking immediately goes to someone being privileged or spoiled because they would drive such a car. Is it not okay for someone to work hard and enjoy the car they want? Is this any different than those who say every Camaro driver must have a mullet and love Nascar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerox View Post
I just can't stand guys in those exotic cars, they think they own the road.
It seems to me that too often people snap to some judgement about people based on the fact that they can afford a higher priced car. If you start with the notion that someone is an ass before you ever know them, I am certain that is what you will find when you speak to them.

Similar thinking is probably the impetus for so many of the stories you hear about these new Camaros being scratched and dented. People jealous of YOUR status... "you and your fancy Camaro, you think you're so special parking way out in the parking lot. What, are you too good to park next to everyone else?" ~sccccraaaaatchhh!

If you see me on the road in a Lamborghini, an Aston Martin or perhaps a Ferrari, try not to judge me before we actually meet.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #30
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
I don't understand why your thinking immediately goes to someone being privileged or spoiled because they would drive such a car. Is it not okay for someone to work hard and enjoy the car they want?
While I know it's wrong because it's a rash generlization, it's not wrong to say that only people who are stupidly rich buy Lambos.

The Camaro is a car that's attainable by most people with an average paying full time job. Definitely not so with a Lambo.

I think it's a common sentiment among us "working stiffs" to resent the hell out of people who can afford things we can only dream of having. (mind you in my dream I'd sell the Lambo and buy one Camaro for every day of the week and have change left over)

And so the class war continues!
NicksVSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #31
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by electlatino View Post
what an idiot. i had something similar happen to me. i was at a gas station and a new lambo gallardo pulled up to the stall behind mine. so a camaro and a gallardo right next to each other.

then a bmw 5 series pulls up with a guy and his 10 or 12 year old son. they say, "that's a cool car."

we both look...yeah, they're talking to me! ha ha ha

so there you have it...camaro--> cooler than a gallardo
Oh yes every kid know's the camaro and give the thumb up , on the other and some kid do also know the lambo and do give them the other finger , well it's just two fingers to the outside of the little guy's hand what's the big deal , or is just me?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #32
camarorange

Drives: IOM Camaro 2SS
Quote:
While I know it's wrong because it's a rash generlization, it's not wrong to say that only people who are stupidly rich buy Lambos.

The Camaro is a car that's attainable by most people with an average paying full time job. Definitely not so with a Lambo.

I think it's a common sentiment among us "working stiffs" to resent the hell out of people who can afford things we can only dream of having. (mind you in my dream I'd sell the Lambo and buy one Camaro for every day of the week and have change left over)

So what would you say to someone who owns both a camaro and a lambo?
camarorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #33
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
While I can understand your personal taste not being one for a Lamborghini or Ferrari (though I think most would disagree with you that they are unsightly), I don't understand why your thinking immediately goes to someone being privileged or spoiled because they would drive such a car. Is it not okay for someone to work hard and enjoy the car they want? Is this any different than those who say every Camaro driver must have a mullet and love Nascar?

It seems to me that too often people snap to some judgement about people based on the fact that they can afford a higher priced car. If you start with the notion that someone is an ass before you ever know them, I am certain that is what you will find when you speak to them.

Similar thinking is probably the impetus for so many of the stories you hear about these new Camaros being scratched and dented. People jealous of YOUR status... "you and your fancy Camaro, you think you're so special parking way out in the parking lot. What, are you too good to park next to everyone else?" ~sccccraaaaatchhh!

If you see me on the road in a Lamborghini, an Aston Martin or perhaps a Ferrari, try not to judge me before we actually meet.
I know there are quite a few cool guys with them, cool as in will compliment the camaro or give a thumbs up. There is always a new story posted up on C5 in a few weeks time detailing a lambo or other exotic car guy acting like a hotshot and so on.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #34
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe's SS View Post
Cool? Yes. Cooler than a Gallardo? No.

lambos and feraris are UGLY

Camaro is SEXY
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #35
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
i don't think i would have passed up the chance to race one... it's not like like there are a bunch of them on the road...
Maybe not were you are but you see them all the time here. Some are owned but even more are rented, specialty high end rental companies. Especially in Miami, there is this one rental place on US1 they ussually have 5 or six sitting up front. Be willing to bet that was the case here.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #36
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
Maybe not were you are but you see them all the time here. Some are owned but even more are rented, specialty high end rental companies. Especially in Miami there is this one rental place on US1 they ussually have 5 or six sitting up front. Be willing to bet that was the case here.
no kidding huh? I've seen rental Vetts and Mustang GT's....but you have to have a huge limit on the credit card You must give them, or i guess you pay for the rental insurance.

I wonder how much they are? I'd like to take one for a day!

You only live once and Miami is a stones through away.
US1 ,easy enough to find!!
I wouldn't want to own it,nervous enough with what i got!
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #37
NicksVSix

Quote:
lambos and feraris are UGLY
Old 07-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #38
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:

get your money up and stop bitching. you don't think they had to work hard to drive that nice car?
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #39
NicksVSix

Quote:
get your money up and stop bitching. you don't think they had to work hard to drive that nice car?
Who's bitching? If you think I'm bitchin' now, wait around son, you ain't seen nothin' yet!
As far as money goes, if I had all the money in the world I'd still never buy a Lambo.
They are U G L Y.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #40
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Try that link you'll see all the rental places I checked one out and they run around 1250 a day.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com....ed=0CCgQtQMwAA

this is the one they have on US 1
http://southbeachexoticrentals.com/collection.html

down here they are common I probably see one weekly and I don't travel to south beach of Lauderdale much thats where they all go.

It's to the point where I assume most are rentals. You probably need a nice credit card like AMEX centurion black or something like that.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #41
brooks35

Drives: 57Chevy TrailblazerSS 73Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post

Very well put......Apex Paul
Old 07-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #42
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
real men street race
Do you have kids? Real men have to protect their kids from d bag street racers.
YouseeSS is offline   Reply With Quote