Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
mcrizz

Drives: 2010 2ss w/rs&77 honda civc
I bought a demo!??

OK so theres a really long story to go with this but im just gonna keep it short. I brought my car to my mechanic because my dealer is a bunch of money hungery pricks, he talks to a gm rep who says something to him about my car being listed as a demo!. I ordered this car myself and was never told of such a thing. Needless to say im pretty POed! How can i find out for sure if this is true and if it is. Then what do i do?
mcrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
How many miles did it have when you took ownership?
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
onechuck
Onechuck

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2SS\RS SC & Cammed
A Demo only means that the car was brand new and depending on the miles, usually means a salesperson has been driving the car. It also means that your car was driven by anyone wanting to test drive a camaro to keep miles off of all the other camaros on the lot.
Usually a good dealership will tell you this and take off extra money when you make a deal.
onechuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
for starters, how many miles did the car have on it when you picked it up? it should have very few, inless it had toi go through some extra QC at the factory, which in that case it shouldn't any more than about 50 to 75 at the MAX. but if you ordered YOUR car, and it was delivered directly to you, it would not be a demo and even at that I am not so sure there is ANYTHING you could do if it was.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
mcrizz

well i remember it had less than 20 mi. But this was my car that i had already put a down payment on before they even started building it and was told noone else would drive this car.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
It may be that your dealer ordered the car as a Demo car because their allotment for that week/month had been used up.

When I ordered mine, my dealership had already used up their allocation of Camaro's so they couldnt order me one normally, they had to order me one under a different allocation. like a Stock Order vs a Sold Order.

When I picked up the car it had 3 miles on it... so order status really doesnt mean much of anything. What would be curious would be - how many miles did it have when you picked it up?

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
mcrizz

17 miles
Old 07-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
17 miles is nothing. Many of the early cars had similar numbers for various reasons. I wouldn't get all wadded up about an offhanded comment.

Relax, and enjoy the car. Remember it is a Camaro.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
A demo usually has hundreds of miles on it. Your car is not a demo.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdown View Post
It may be that your dealer ordered the car as a Demo car because their allotment for that week/month had been used up.
I agree.

Also, 17 miles is not unusual especially if you ordered with stripes. Car is striped at a different facility and car is driven there and back.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
mcrizz

my car was striped at the dealer. But i supposed 17 miles isnt that bad a deal. just the morals of situation. this dealer is known for ripping people off and screwing them after lol.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrizz View Post
my car was striped at the dealer. But i supposed 17 miles isnt that bad a deal. just the morals of situation. this dealer is known for ripping people off and screwing them after lol.
just to clarify....early on, when you ordered the stripes, it was a dealer installed option as in, the stripes come in a box and dealer installs it or pays someone to install it, it wasn't done at the factory.

As of many months ago, when you order your car with stripes, it arrives at the dealership with stripes. The car is driven from the Oshawa factory to another location for the stripes installation then driven back to the factory, which explains the miles.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrizz View Post
That few miles shouldn't classify it as a demo at all. Probably just a misprint. Mine had 35 miles just from test drives. So not that big of deal (I hated not putting the first mile on, but good luck getting that opportunity).

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
BRKLYN
Account Suspended

Drives: 98 C-5, Chev/Venture, VTX1300
It may have been placed in demo service, however if you only had 17 miles have no fear. Demo means in service date, I doubt you lost much warranty time.
BRKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote