Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
parkermoeder

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
bolt ons vs rims??

Im debating whether to either get tsw nurburgrings(i know a friend who can get them wholesale for $1300) and i need new tires anyway so im not including that in the cost or should i get this package from phastek that has a CAI intake and stainless power headers with cat delete for $950 and since im getting headers id have to get a tune which is $300-400 for a dyno tune? so they are around the same price and does anyone know a good tuner in the KC area? i have a warranty until next july and not sure if i want to void it or not. help me decide
Thanks
-Stainless Power headers
-Cold Air Inductions Intake
-Blue oracle halos
-Satin black ZL1 replicas
-315 invos and other cosmetic mods
parkermoeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
if you don't want to void your warranty,go with the wheels.that's what i would do.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
Rims for show, bolt ons for go, depends on what you want to do. I would go for the bolt ons but that's my opinion. All that's matters is what you want more
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkermoeder View Post
Im debating whether to either get tsw nurburgrings(i know a friend who can get them wholesale for $1300) and i need new tires anyway so im not including that in the cost or should i get this package from phastek that has a CAI intake and stainless power headers with cat delete for $950 and since im getting headers id have to get a tune which is $300-400 for a dyno tune? so they are around the same price and does anyone know a good tuner in the KC area? i have a warranty until next july and not sure if i want to void it or not. help me decide
Thanks
MC Racing is the only one I am familiar with

-Nick C.

*I just moved to STL from Leawood btw
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafboy View Post
Rims for show, bolt ons for go, depends on what you want to do. I would go for the bolt ons but that's my opinion. All that's matters is what you want more
In this case, the rims would be for go as well. The tsw are a lot lighter than the factory ss wheels so it'll help performance as well

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Not sure what the rims you are looking at weigh, but lighter un-sprung weight is a performance enhancer too.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
parkermoeder

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
My stock rims are currently plasti dipped. So they dont look bad and but with the nurburgrings id run 315 out back would that increase my traction noticibly and I know the weight savings will help some too.

Diode dynamics- thanks and cool I love leawood. Whyd you move too stl?
-Stainless Power headers
-Cold Air Inductions Intake
-Blue oracle halos
-Satin black ZL1 replicas
-315 invos and other cosmetic mods
parkermoeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
My stock rims are currently plasti dipped. So they dont look bad and but with the nurburgrings id run 315 out back would that increase my traction noticibly and I know the weight savings will help some too.

Diode dynamics- thanks and cool I love leawood. Whyd you move too stl?
Lol, I moved to STL to work at Diode Dynamics.

Still a Royals/Chiefs fan

Nick C.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #9
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Thanks
It doesnt automatically void your warranty, only bites you in the ass if your tune causes damage, which you wouldnt expect the warranty to cover anyway.

I love the sound of headers, and like the stock rims. I pinstriped the edge of my stock rims and it made my like them alot more, only cost about 9$.

with my cars I do usually wait to buy rims when i need tires. But in this case, I really like headers, cai, and a tune. Makes the car great.

I acutally have SP LT Headers, and CAI Inc intake, and a dyno tune, its a great combination, I love driving my car so much more.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #10
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
A set of wheels changes the look of the car exponentially. I'm a big fan of the bolt ons that I've done...but my Nurbergrings are probably my favorite purchase.

And btw...I'm running 315 Invo's out back and I get better off the one traction with my pZeros...so something to keep in mind.

Last edited by Denis; 07-30-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #11
battlekat

Drives: the red dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Not sure what the rims you are looking at weigh, but lighter un-sprung weight is a performance enhancer too.

i did the same thing with my car since i needed tires. getting lighter/wider tires will greatly help your performance along with the looks of the car. i remember watching an episode of 5th gear where they compared typical mods and noted that the top 2 items that improved the performance of the car was upgraded wheels/tires and driving lessons.

go with wheels/tires. you'll get better performance and probably fall in love with your car all over again everytime you look at it.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlekat View Post

go with wheels/tires. you'll get better performance and probably fall in love with your car all over again everytime you look at it.

This!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #13
Diode Dynamics

If you need a hookup on tires, shoot me a PM. I know somebody local that can help you out

-Nick C.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #14
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I would prefer the intake/headers/tune.

The OEM wheels are heavy as crap but I really like the looks of them. I know lighter wheels will give you some performance but I can't imagine they will be any where near the 40 rwhp you'll get out of the headers.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote