Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Chemical Guys Pete's 53 review

Well guys, this is going to be my honest review of Chemical Guys Pete's 53 carnauba paste wax.

Overall 9/10
I really feel like this is an excellent option for most people that want a good wax on their car. It has good durability, it goes on and comes off easily, it sheets water adequately, and it beads water well. Not to mention it is an outstanding value.

Water beading 8/10

The water beads on this wax are what I would call small to medium. They aren't even close to how incredibly small the Blackfire Midnight Sun paste wax beads them, but they are nice uniformed beads.

Water sheeting 8/10

It sheets a great amount of water off of your car, but it's doesn't do so very fast. You must work the water down your hood and off your roof slowly. Unlike BFMS which sheets extremely fast. Although, BFMS isn't the top sheeter of the waxes I have tried. That would go to Adams Americana. That is the fastest sheeting wax I've ever used.

Ease of Application and Removal 9/10

It's not liquid butter, but it is very easy to work with. Just make sure you apply very thin and you will have a great time putting it ok and taking it off. It is just below BFMS in how it goes on and comes off.

Durability 10/10

In my experience, it lasted 11 weeks on a horizontal surface of my car. Which is a daily driver but garage kept over night. To me, it lasts as long as you could ever expect a carnauba paste wax to last.

Value 11/10

This is where this wax excels. For half the price Blackfire Midnight Sun or Adams Americana you get an amazing wax. If you are looking to just have a good wax on your car to make everything easier this is a great option. If you want to, I do think BFMS is worth it, but not everyone can afford it or thinks it is. You will not be dissapointed with this wax at all.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Really good wax, I agree.

Tags
chemical guys, paste, pete's 53, review, wax