Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #15
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
its a shame that it takes a blower for a mustang to be able to beat a camaro tho.
It's a shame it takes a much bigger Corvette engine for a Camaro to beat a Mustang.....a Mustang GT that is,i don't know what you guys will do with the Shelby.Cry?...........................
The only way to settle this is to go back to the Trans Am days,where the Mustang and Camaro could duke it out with the same size engines powering the same size and weight cars,then we'll just whine about who has the better driver.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #16
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
How is it modded if it comes from the factory that way? Im entertained to say the least. So every force inducted motor from the factory is cheating? Seems more a case of using technology to me. Please someone tell John Force or Big Daddy Don Garlits hes cheating because hes got a blower on his car. Weak guys, weak.

Thanks gtahvit, it seems when some dont have a leg to stand on they resort to name calling.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #17
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
How is it modded if it comes from the factory that way? Im entertained to say the least. So every force inducted motor from the factory is cheating? Seems more a case of using technology to me. Please someone tell John Force or Big Daddy Don Garlits hes cheating because hes got a blower on his car. Weak guys, weak.

Thanks gtahvit, it seems when some dont have a leg to stand on they resort to name calling.
Its stock but has mods added to it (even if its from factory)... just means that much less it can have done to boost itself. As where the Camaro doesn't.. and has more headroom to play with.

The OP of this thread.. is talking about sound and not so much as he is performance.. this thread is starting to get off topic.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #18
Blownhotrodder

No man what it means is that it is already setup for force induction. The camaro isnt. The gt500 is setup for up too 1000 crank hp. The camaro isnt. The gt500 has more room to play with. And how can you have something stock but modded(scratches head)? Its either or.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #19
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
No man what it means is that it is already setup for force induction. The camaro isnt. The gt500 is setup for up too 1000 crank hp. The camaro isnt. The gt500 has more room to play with. And how can you have something stock but modded(scratches head)? Its either or.
You are off topic.

With refining motors, its common to have them become quieter... along with all the new governmental laws.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #20
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
It's a shame it takes a much bigger Corvette engine for a Camaro to beat a Mustang.....a Mustang GT that is,i don't know what you guys will do with the Shelby.Cry?...........................
The only way to settle this is to go back to the Trans Am days,where the Mustang and Camaro could duke it out with the same size engines powering the same size and weight cars,then we'll just whine about who has the better driver.
no replacement for displacement.

and we've already seen what happens when you put a blower on an LS3.

the one thing I will give the 4.6 is that it benefits from FI very well. not that LS motors dont. but it would seem that ford had planned on FI the 4.6 from the beginning.

either way, I cant wait to get these cars on the road and have some fun bringing back the pony car wars.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Guys, read the article. Its about sound, not performance

I've heard of this before, I think they developed it for Jaguar. I don't know what the problem is though, if the car sounds loud and throaty enough for you, what does it matter what it sounds like outside the car? Besides, automakers can't really get away with superloud exhausts for production vehicles anyway.
Quote:
Just as its a shame that it takes 4 extra cylinders for a SS to beat a Camry? Yeah, good argument.....

Toyota Camry 0-60
~6.5 seconds (3.5L V6)
~8.5 seconds (Hybrid)
~9 seconds (2.4L I4)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #22
War Eagle

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, Avanti, 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
That's standard on all 2010 Mustangs. They quieted down the car enough on the inside that the engineers felt the owner would miss the sound of the engine. Has nothing to do with the car sounding "weak". I'm sure it sounds the same outside the car since it's a carryover drivetrain. If you've seen the videos of the new Camaro it sounds "weak" also, that's the price of refinement. Fbodfather explains this in another thread.
I think they did tone down the supercharger noise, mine is a little noticeable on my 2009 model but I enjoy hearing it.

I drive with my window cracked most of the time anyway to hear the engine wind up thru the gears. I hope my new camaro will sound as good as my GT 500.

Steve

Back in a Chevelle after 41 years.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #23
Blownhotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Toyota Camry 0-60
~6.5 seconds (3.5L V6)
~8.5 seconds (Hybrid)
~9 seconds (2.4L I4)

I was just figuratively speaking. Funny you looked though.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #24
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Guys, read the article. Its about sound, not performance

I've heard of this before, I think they developed it for Jaguar.
Yup my 07 XKR has it
Old 02-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
It's a shame it takes a much bigger Corvette engine for a Camaro to beat a Mustang...
It isn't our fault you guys lowered your standards.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 02-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
I was just figuratively speaking. Funny you looked though.
meh, there was a chance that the V6 could keep up with the Camaro V6 and while I was at it I looked up the numbers for the other two.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #27
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Guys guys guys...

Why are we fighting??

This is about the GT500 sounding like a 12 year old girl, not about the fact that for 10k more it is .1-.2 seconds faster!!!

I mean jeeze guys!!!

But i DO have to ask... If the GT500 being .1-.2 seconds faster for 10k more is an Ass whooping.. Do we even have a term in the English language for how brutally the SS dominates the comparatively priced GT???

I dont think so.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 03-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #28
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Guys guys guys...

Why are we fighting??

This is about the GT500 sounding like a 12 year old girl, not about the fact that for 10k more it is .1-.2 seconds faster!!!

I mean jeeze guys!!!

But i DO have to ask... If the GT500 being .1-.2 seconds faster for 10k more is an Ass whooping.. Do we even have a term in the English language for how brutally the SS dominates the comparatively priced GT???

I dont think so.

well put
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
Closed Thread