Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Camman475

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT Camaro
Lets all put some faces to our names on here!

Not sure if this has ever been done on here yet, but I figured I'd go for it anyway! I like to know who I'm talking to when I'm on this forum. it always seems strange to me to get into conversations with faceless people. So I think we should all post a pic of ourselves so everyone knows who they are talking with! So lets see some . Whether its you with your car or just you being you, lets see who you are! Feel free to tell people a little about yourself too if you'd like!

I'll start!
My name is Phillip and I live in the Fabulous Las Vegas! Been here for 16 years and I couldn't imagine growing up anywhere else! I work in production as a video Director and surprisingly don't work much in Vegas. I get to travel the world for my job and love every minute of it! The only downfall is I have to leave my beautiful camaro behind while I'm on the road! but its a great reunion when I get back to her!

Old 12-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
here im am
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I'm Ryan, born and raised In Baltimore City. Senior in High School, 17 years old. Custom painter and work in our body shop at school. Here is a pic of me.
Name:  me yo.jpg
Views: 1246
Size:  42.4 KB
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well here I am......and the other half too.

Name:  US.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  45.3 KB

Me in one of my Suits of Full Armor

Name:  NukeArmor.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  68.6 KB

and my ride....OBSSED

Name:  OBSSED AT PARK3 1.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  539.8 KB
Old 12-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Hi all, here i am.

and me and my significant other.

Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Camman475

haha
camarossrs2150 you are one strange looking dude!
Old 12-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
here is me

ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
DrJohn

Drives: 2010 1LT
I'm at work so I have no loose photos but here is a link to my photogallery pic ... I'm the one on the left that got back just in time for the timer to go off without a bunch of people in between and my lady of 40 years is the short one to my left. The rest ofthe people are friends from another forum that I am on (not Camaro related) that all met in Vegas in '07. Feel free to browse the galleries (anyone). It (the gallery) is still under construction so forgive the mess

http://drjohn.no-ip.org/photogallery...lbum=10&pos=66

You might recognize the place I am in ... Treasure Island. I'll be back there in May but prolly at the Mirage. I'll be drivin' the Camaro. Love Vegas but a black car in May/June is going to be a hot one.

Here's my ride: http://drjohn.no-ip.org/photogallery/displayimage.php?album=23&pos=22

I live in Tigard Oregon and work in design engineering. The company I am with now builds ovens. I mean ovens that you can drive a semi thru. For people like Jack Link (Messin' with Sasquatch ) and Oberto ... large grocery stores and specialty food houses that smoke fish and/or other food products. I don't know how to smoke fish. Everytime I try to they get the papers wet and I can't keep it lit.

I drove my '88 Camaro for 21 years and still have it in the garage covered. Coulda gotten 4500 for it with the cash for clunkers program but I just couldn't send it to the chipper. It still runs well but has over 180K miles on it.

@Camman475: Would be nice meet you in Vegas in mid-May 2011. When I get ready to go I'll PM you my cell # so you'll know who the UNKNOWN caller is.

Mods after purchase:

OEM Spoiler
GFX Body kit
Magnaflow CAT Back
Airaid CAI
35% Tint
3M Clear Bra
Console Gauge Cluster
DrJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
Camman475

I sure hope you have the remote start on your camaro! that comes in real handy for our dark cars in the las vegas heat! Get that AC running before you get in! Hopefully I'll be in town. I travel frequently so its always hit or miss. Here in Vegas there is an event called Cars and Coffee that happens every saturday morning. if you're here over the weekend you should stop by. Its just a bunch car people getting together and showing off their rides. Theres usually anywhere from 5 to 10 Camaros that all park together out there. Its a good time with a ton of beautiful cars from new to old to crazy customs.
Heres a shot of my car sitting out there with all the other 2010's
Old 12-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
IPAINTBRIDGES31
2ss Black on Black M6

Drives: 2012 CTS V Sedan
Hi my name is Josh and I am 28 years old. I paint bridges, water towers, smoke stacks, and anything else that needs it. I just recently began working as a project manager so I don't have to do the crazy sh** I used to do.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #11
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
here is me from putnam park last year.
Attached Images

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #12
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Hi everyone, my name is Brett. I am working towards a degree in film at the University of Michigan!! Yes I am young, however I feel that age does not matter, as long as I respect the things that I own, which I DO!! I do not have a Camaro yet, but I am working very hard to save money for one. When my time comes to own a Camaro, I feel that I will appreciate it more if I work hard and purchase it myself!

The first picture is me in a friends Camaro.

The second is courtesy of BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet after a test drive!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #13
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Ok i'm in...

This is a pic of me and one of the few other "english" speaking peeps on my rig. The big thing I'm leaning on is called the "stack." Some of you have seen one of these fairly recently, on the ocean floor during the Horizon event that was so publisized. I am a Subsea engineer, and I am responsible for making sure it is built correctly and works when it needs to, which in my case means I do most of the work...

The guy standing with me is Cut-Off... I can't pronounce his real name, he's Cajun, and most of the time I'm not sure he is speaking english. One thing I will say about him though, there has never to my knowledge been a person made that can swing a sledgehammer any harder and hit his target at will... He was helping me in Mexico one night, and we were trying to remove a flex joint. It is held on by 24- 3 1/4 inch bolts. They are torqued up with a hydraulic wrench... to several thousand (4350)ft/lbs of torque... he was in a riding belt, hanging from a tugger and I was holding the rope... I hurt people and damage things when I swing a sledge hammer so...I was holding the rope to the Cameron hammer wrench, and he has one foot resting on the side of the flex joint... He winds up and sssssssssBoom... direct strike... but, he was swinging bodily away from the strike... in a 270 degree arc, toe taps the other side of the flex joint, and comes back around sssssssssssss, BOOM... We broke all the nuts in about twenty minutes doing it this way... The MAN got Skills.... Try to swing a 20 lb sledge while hanging from a rope 30 feet up a vertical cliff, and not miss or throw the sledge at someone...

He is an assistant driller, and came by to check up on me...He and I have managed to work together on three different rigs in three different parts of the world. When the big white thing is on the deck, it's 16 to 60 hour days, and relentless work. We pretty much dismantle the thing and rebuild it. We were getting close to putting it back in the water when this one was taken. Our stack is over 50 feet tall and weighs in at a hefty 450,000 lbs. Yup, it's a buggar to move... but we manage...

The Fugly glasses are mine only when I am on the rig... They make us wear whatever they provide here in country... and we dont get fitted for them or anything else, we just send in a prescription and are stuck with whatever they send... %^&%^&%^&* They are prescription bifocals, and those that wear those probably understand how hard it is to get them fitted properly when you can sit in the chair with a professional...

The second pic is a beautiful thing, It's the freedom bird that takes us home... Four weeks later it's the eff'in bird, that takes us to work...and yes, those are some pretty rough seas in the background...
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #14
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Here

I am Robert, 62 years old. I've been a car lover since my very young age but I did have a preference for Vettes for many years. I owned a 69 Camaro COPO in 1969 which I kept only a few months, I did'nt knew at that time what exactly it was, could be the only one in Quebec at that time. Internet did'nt exist to inform us. I had a few vettes, the last one was a 1979, L-82, M21 tranny, Yellow, black interior. This car was GM Corvette poster in 1979. Sold it in 2004 and I was looking for a C5, untill I saw the first picture on the Gen5. Fell in love and I decided to wait, Bought a new house meanwhile and I finally bought me Gem5 last April.

Here is me and my Car.

Name:  2ltrs3bob.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  148.8 KB
montreal2010yellow is offline   Reply With Quote