Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Sorry but I don't buy it!

What works is LT's, Cold air intake like Vararam, Haltech, Rotofab, CAI in that order. Also the vmax TB's for better response and a good Ecm and TRANNY tune. Period. That's just bolt on stuff excluding cams n other stuff.

No tornados, POWER wedges or AirRaid spacers or granatelli MAFS or JET 50hp plug in modules DO NOTHING!

Well believe what you want.
Shawn has no reason to lie as I'm already giving 6k for the rest of it.
There is no install cost and his margin on 100 dollar item is not worth a blemish to lethal's reputation.

He flat told me he would dyno it both ways as I was skeptical as well.

If it shows no gain I'm not paying for it all there is too it.
It's a 5 minute install so very easy to show both ways

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:
Sorry but I don't buy it!

What works is LT's, Cold air intake like Vararam, Haltech, Rotofab, CAI in that order. Also the vmax TB's for better response and a good Ecm and TRANNY tune. Period. That's just bolt on stuff excluding cams n other stuff.

No tornados, POWER wedges or AirRaid spacers or granatelli MAFS or JET 50hp plug in modules DO NOTHING!
Nice. Tell it like it is.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 View Post
Well believe what you want.
Shawn has no reason to lie as I'm already giving 6k for the rest of it.
There is no install cost and his margin on 100 dollar item is not worth a blemish to lethal's reputation.

He flat told me he would dyno it both ways as I was skeptical as well.

If it shows no gain I'm not paying for it all there is too it.
It's a 5 minute install so very easy to show both ways

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Don't worry, you are getting the same people that won't try stuff, but will give their so called expert advice. You are doing it with right way and testing to gain first hand knowledge. Doesn't matter whether good, bad, or indifferent at least when you speak about the power wedge you will being doing it with authority. I respect that and so do a lot of others.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #18
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Nice. Tell it like it is.
You are not very selective in whom you become a follower.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
You are not very selective in whom you become a follower.
Not sure what up talking about. I have been consistent that I think CAI are overrated and people often split hairs with this stuff. Not sure what you mean about following.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Old 03-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Oh please.......what a true liberal way of thinking there INDEED.

Any how I bet Vararam (although I am a fan of the intake) will be taking naive folks money when the corvette owners get a power wedge for this TB too hu? Talk about magic dust

2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.

Last edited by litle88; 03-11-2013 at 06:13 AM.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

OMG look at the angle of that TB?

Quick lets make money off the week/Naive. Lol
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Oh please.......what a true liberal way of thinking.

Any how I bet Vararam (although I am a fan of the intake) will be taking naive folks money when the corvette owners get a power wedge for this TB too hu? Talk about magic dust

How is testing it both ways being naive?

It it gives a increase then it obviously does something if it doesn't its garbage flat and simple
but Lethal whom has a sterling rep believe they work and have no connection to the company other than being a huge supporter of the original intake.

I'm betting he makes about 25 bucks at most on one.. that is not worth lieing to sell to ruin a rep.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
530/520 SAE
Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Not sure what up talking about. I have been consistent that I think CAI are overrated and people often split hairs with this stuff. Not sure what you mean about following.

Lol wut?!

Are you honestly going to sit there and say CAIs make no difference?

OK well now I know who I wont be listening to.

530/520 SAE
Old 03-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #24
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
OMG look at the angle of that TB?

Quick lets make money off the week/Naive. Lol
They are called "sheeples".....LMAO!

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #25
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Quote:
Lol wut?!

Are you honestly going to sit there and say CAIs make no difference?

OK well now I know who I wont be listening to.

No I have a cold air intake, I think everyone should have one, along with long tube headers. Air in and air out. It's a process. But reading this forum I see people driving themselves nuts over what brand to get, I saw one thread where a guy was going to rip out on brand and install another one because he was convinced it was going to have better gains. I also don't think a power wedge is going to do anything. You can talk about the few hp it claims its gonna give you, but good luck feeling it and it's certainly not gonna make a difference on your times at the track. If you look up the past 10 posts I have made about CAI they all say the same thing, I take exception to the "following" comment. I have been and will always be consistent. I didn't mean to offend you.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Quote:
How is testing it both ways being naive?

It it gives a increase then it obviously does something if it doesn't its garbage flat and simple
but Lethal whom has a sterling rep believe they work and have no connection to the company other than being a huge supporter of the original intake.

I'm betting he makes about 25 bucks at most on one.. that is not worth lieing to sell to ruin a rep.

That's fine, I've been next to the Dyno during testing of this gimmick and it showed nothing during back to back testing. Not gonna mention who cause they are a sponsor and so us vararam. You can pick up 10 hp on a cammed and heads car just by cooling it off lol.

Sorry bud but I just don't buy it that's all. Nothing against you or anything, what bothers me is that vararam threw this at is started selling it and they never came back to defend their product or get into details of how it's supposed to work they just left us bickering. Just saying.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #27
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
No I have a cold air intake, I think everyone should have one, along with long tube headers. Air in and air out. It's a process. But reading this forum I see people driving themselves nuts over what brand to get, I saw one thread where a guy was going to rip out on brand and install another one because he was convinced it was going to have better gains. I also don't think a power wedge is going to do anything. You can talk about the few hp it claims its gonna give you, but good luck feeling it and it's certainly not gonna make a difference on your times at the track. If you look up the past 10 posts I have made about CAI they all say the same thing, I take exception to the "following" comment. I have been and will always be consistent. I didn't mean to offend you.
OK that's cool your post made it sound like you thought cais in general were worthless.
Fair enough.

530/520 SAE
Old 03-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #28
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
That's fine, I've been next to the Dyno during testing of this gimmick and it showed nothing during back to back testing. Not gonna mention who cause they are a sponsor and so is vararam. You can pick up 10 hp on a cammed and heads car just by cooling it off lol.

Sorry bud but I just don't buy it that's all. Nothing against you or anything, what bothers me is that vararam threw this at is started selling it and they never came back to defend their product or get into details of how it's supposed to work they just left us bickering. Just saying.
Agreed on that well most of it.

10 from cooling between runs is a tad high maybe 5 or so.

And I totally agree if it was the manufacturer claiming I'd say pffft ya right but its someone I actually trust telling me different which is making me think 2x

530/520 SAE