Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
JRE tune

I just got an updated tune from Ted for my ZL1 differential, I can't wait to try it with the new changes. You have a customer for life, I have never had a bad experience dealing with them. Thanks Ted for the info and the quick turnaround on the tune.
Tech AFX Heater Hose Relocation Kit, Black Chrome Wheels
Pfadt trailing and toe arms, Pfadt solid subframe mounts, Pfadt diff bushings, Street Slayer Twin Carbon
Technostalgia Camaro LED taillights, CTS-V Front Brakes, Powder Coated Calipers By ME
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Complete ZL1 Rearend Swap
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
haha best of luck to you mine didnt turn out so great after i did gears
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Did you have Ted do the tune? Did you data log form also? I'm sure he took care of you.
Pfadt trailing and toe arms, Pfadt solid subframe mounts, Pfadt diff bushings, Street Slayer Twin Carbon
Technostalgia Camaro LED taillights, CTS-V Front Brakes, Powder Coated Calipers By ME
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Old 03-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
biggerisbetter
lll

he did the tune and i data logged. i went back and forth he told me it was not a tune issue to change my trans fluid so i did and it stille happened. it didnt happen with his previous tune the day before i pu the gears in though so i guess according to him my trans took a s*** over night. so after going back and fourth he told me to data log again and it was getting no where fast. the prob was 3-4 gear shift was hanging for about 5 secs. i am a marine in new orleans and cant have my car jacked up and cant get speeding tickets for going 88-97 mph to data log especially since i had already got pulled over for it while data logging. so i took it to shawn at lethal racing and all is good. i explained everything to ted before i took it to shawn and asked for a refund and he told me "no refunds". thats after he charged me 315 just to update the gears off his previous tune. im sure he is a great guy but i feel like i was taken advantage of in a way. but its whatever i have my car its good now so life goes on. haha its funny cause i had bought everyhing but the gears and catback from them and would have continued to but never again.
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
Old 03-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

sorry to hear that but I don't have an auto so we will see.
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Old 03-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
biggerisbetter
lll

as i said good luck he hit the nail on the head on every other tune i had from him but that last time ruined it for me. either way i bet that thing is gonna scream haha
APPEARANCE
Old 03-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #7

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerisbetter View Post
as i said good luck he hit the nail on the head on every other tune i had from him but that last time ruined it for me. either way i bet that thing is gonna scream haha
Very interesting what happened to your car,I wonder what is Ted's opinion regarding this incident...
332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
he did the tune and i data logged. i went back and forth he told me it was not a tune issue to change my trans fluid so i did and it stille happened. it didnt happen with his previous tune the day before i pu the gears in though so i guess according to him my trans took a s*** over night. so after going back and fourth he told me to data log again and it was getting no where fast. the prob was 3-4 gear shift was hanging for about 5 secs. i am a marine in new orleans and cant have my car jacked up and cant get speeding tickets for going 88-97 mph to data log especially since i had already got pulled over for it while data logging. so i took it to shawn at lethal racing and all is good. i explained everything to ted before i took it to shawn and asked for a refund and he told me "no refunds". thats after he charged me 315 just to update the gears off his previous tune. im sure he is a great guy but i feel like i was taken advantage of in a way. but its whatever i have my car its good now so life goes on. haha its funny cause i had bought everyhing but the gears and catback from them and would have continued to but never again.

I thought all tune updates were free from Jannetty?

Ted's got an excellent reputation is this forum.
But I tell everyone, if you have a skilled tuner in your area, that's the path you should take.
I would only do the back and forth data logging method if I had no skilled tuner in my area.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
I am sorry that you gave up on me after only 2 changes, I would never give up on one of my customers, I work feverishly until you are 100% satisfied.

I do have a No Refund Policy because I do all the work necessary to make things 100%, But given the circumstances I Have made an exception to the rule and have made a Partial refund to help you out.

I'm Not Happy If my Customers are Not Happy, but the Proper way is to let me know Directly rather than Have me find out on the forums 2 weeks later.

I had No Idea you were not satisfied from our phone conversation, I would rather hear the Hard Truth and Deal with it Head On.

I sent a tune update on 2/19 and you said you would get back to me and I didn't hear back from you but then I find this Post.

I am also curious to hear what I missed because in over 1300 cars have never experienced this problem.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 03-07-2013 at 10:42 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I am sorry that you gave up on me after only 2 changes, I would never give up on one of my customers, I work feverishly until you are 100% satisfied.

I do have a No Refund Policy because I do all the work necessary to make things 100%, But given the circumstances I Have made an exception to the rule and have made a Partial refund to help you out.

I'm Not Happy If my Customers are Not Happy, but the Proper way is to let me know Directly rather than Have me find out on the forums 2 weeks later.

I had No Idea you were not satisfied from our phone conversation, I would rather hear the Hard Truth and Deal with it Head On.

I sent a tune update on 2/19 and you said you would get back to me and I didn't hear back from you but then I find this Post.

I am also curious to here what I missed because in over 1300 cars have never experienced this problem.

Ted.
Ted I can't wait to get all my ZL1 driveline parts in and try the tune. Sometimes you just can't please everyone.
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
biggerisbetter
lll

Quote:

I am also curious to here what I missed because in over 1300 cars have never experienced this problem.

Ted.
i appreciate the partial refund and i recall asking for it in an email to you( since thats the only way you would communicate). also we only had one conversation over the phone and you told me to datalog the rest were by email. when i requested the refund i explained that i was having trouble with datalogging. also i cant be going 80-100 mph when i already recieved a warning ticket for it while datalogging. after the email i recieved back saying "no refunds i decided it would be best to take it to have it tuned where there could be a more hands on approach since clearly it was not going to be a quick fix.

you also told me " it definatly not a tune issue" and also said that it was shifting at 6400 rpm and when i look at the same data log it shows to shift at 5900 rpm. i also got the trans serviced since you told me that was the issue.

i also fell as though i got screwed a little on pricing. i called before getting the gear swap to line out the expenses before i did it and asked chris how much the tune would be put me on hold and came back and told me $150.(wich made since to me since i already paid for your tune and just needed a tune update for the gears) after getting the gears installed i emailed you to get the paypal info to pay for the tune and you informed me it would be 315 even after tell you about chris's qoute.

i bought my headers, cai, and sct tuner from you with the intention of doing your rough idle blower cam this month. after all this i decided to go with someone else. as stated above i appreciate the partial refund but dont act like i didnt give anyone a chance and i didnt communicate that i was not happy. at this point i will chalk it up as a loss and move on. best wishes to you
APPEARANCE

Last edited by biggerisbetter; 03-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:08 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
i appreciate the partial refund and i recall asking for it in an email to you( since thats the only way you would communicate). also we only had one conversation over the phone and you told me to datalog the rest were by email. when i requested the refund i explained that i was having trouble with datalogging. also i cant be going 80-100 mph when i already recieved a warning ticket for it while datalogging. after the email i recieved back saying "no refunds i decided it would be best to take it to have it tuned where there could be a more hands on approach since clearly it was not going to be a quick fix.

you also told me " it definatly not a tune issue" and also said that it was shifting at 6400 rpm and when i look at the same data log it shows to shift at 5900 rpm. i also got the trans serviced since you told me that was the issue.

i also fell as though i got screwed a little on pricing. i called before getting the gear swap to line out the expenses before i did it and asked chris how much the tune would be put me on hold and came back and told me $150.(wich made since to me since i already paid for your tune and just needed a tune update for the gears) after getting the gears installed i emailed you to get the paypal info to pay for the tune and you informed me it would be 315 even after tell you about chris's qoute.

i bought my headers, cai, and sct tuner from you with the intention of doing your rough idle blower cam this month. after all this i decided to go with someone else. as stated above i appreciate the partial refund but dont act like i didnt give anyone a chance and i didnt communicate that i was not happy. at this point i will chalk it up as a loss and move on. best wishes to you
Shawn will take good care of you, I have talked with him and your shifting issue is Not Fixed at this time as you stated.

I will work with him to get to the bottom of the issue and continue to support you.

Ted.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS View Post
Ted I can't wait to get all my ZL1 driveline parts in and try the tune. Sometimes you just can't please everyone.
Thank you for your support of JRE.

Ted.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #14
biggerisbetter
lll

Quote:
Shawn will take good care of you, I have talked with him and your shifting issue is Not Fixed at this time as you stated.

I will work with him to get to the bottom of the issue and continue to support you.

Ted.

i never said the car was fixed. i said i took it to shawn and everything is good now. the car is still at lethal racing and will be fixed when i pick it up one way or the other. i understand you have a process for fixing this stuff. due to you being out of state and not being able to put hands on it i felt it best to take it to another shop.

i appreciate all the help and continued "support". nut you told me from the very begining it was "definatelty not a tune issue" so i dont see what you working with shawn would accomplish. if you would like to discuss this further you can feel free to email or call me anytime. i appreciate the steps you have taken to resolve this conflict and i will say it does speak volumes for your character. i will say again all the tunes you provided me with were spot on before this one. have a great day
APPEARANCE