Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
ksspeed

Drives: 2013, Camaro 2LS (BRM)
Specifically 2LS people with NITROUS, Tuning???'s

I am setting up my ride with a 100 shot wet kit, and as many may know, the timing needs to be retarded 2 degrees per every 50 H.P. (or 4 deg. for 100 shot). What I need to know is what programming software, or even what means all of you are going about to achieve this. My goal is to run a "performance tune" while normal or any driving, and retard the timing while using nitrous. I have read that Trifecta can tune for using the cruse switch to activate a retard, I hope HP, or any others can as well. If this is the case, I would intercept the wiring to the cruse switch, and wire through my window switch to activate (only when its called for). Right now I am leaning towards an HP tune, however, in the end, I have to meet my goal regardless. Any thoughts or help is appreciated, I felt this was the best spot to ask, since in the tuner/programming section of the forum it is wide spread as appose to just FI V6. Thanks, KSspeed.
ksspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksspeed View Post
I am setting up my ride with a 100 shot wet kit, and as many may know, the timing needs to be retarded 2 degrees per every 50 H.P. (or 4 deg. for 100 shot). What I need to know is what programming software, or even what means all of you are going about to achieve this. My goal is to run a "performance tune" while normal or any driving, and retard the timing while using nitrous. I have read that Trifecta can tune for using the cruse switch to activate a retard, I hope HP, or any others can as well. If this is the case, I would intercept the wiring to the cruse switch, and wire through my window switch to activate (only when its called for). Right now I am leaning towards an HP tune, however, in the end, I have to meet my goal regardless. Any thoughts or help is appreciated, I felt this was the best spot to ask, since in the tuner/programming section of the forum it is wide spread as appose to just FI V6. Thanks, KSspeed.
Interesting about the cruise feature. Same with their ghost cam tune. This could probably be set up in hp tuners, but I don't know because I haven't even thought about it. Most guys just run a different tune for nos.
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote