Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #29
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Money comes and goes. That's what I've learned.
The best advise I can give, is. Save, Save, Save... Live like there no tommorrow, but save as you'll live forever.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #30
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
grew up poor. heck, during christmas for several years we got 0 presents. barely had enough for food. Then my parents finished school and things got better.

2nd time i was poor was when i got married back in 2001. drove a 1982 camry that was missing the front bumper and made minimum wage. It was barely enough to pay rent and have about 40 bucks left for two weeks worth of groceries.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #31
cactuseater

Drives: .
Sure was, but never sad. The best thing is that you MUST always remember where you came from and be able to live humble as you may someday have to. Anything can happen, catastrophic illness, injury, ....rainy days are always around the corner. Being strong, humbled, and able to face reality head on are good virtues. I've been there. Cancer survivor, children that became ill or got injured, that black cloud is always there. Live for today, and save something for that rainy day....because it does come.

@ NateSS ----- By the way --- APACHE PILOTS ROCK !!!!! One of my friends is test pilot in Mesa AZ for the Longbow. I'd love to get in that thing for a cruise sometime. ....And thank you for your service to our country!
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #32
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
hell I am still poor.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #33
Pain505

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
I'm poor right now... 50.00 to my name... living paycheck to paycheck... it sucks...
Ok im sorry. I dont mean to be rude, and i know your in a tough situation, we all are. But if you only have 50$ why dont u do somethin to save more, like dont have internet bills, n true. Why r u drivin a ss? im sorry like i said i dont mean to b rude or offend you. Im jut curious

Using Tapatalk Inside My CAMARO
Old 12-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #34
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
You need to define poor. Poor means differnt things to people.
If you have a good family and friends, you are rich.
If you are in good health, you are rich.
If you are happy, you are rich.
Move to Somalia or Haiti to see what poor looks like.
If you have a tv, car, phone, food and housing, you are not poor.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I grew up pretty poor ,but we didn't really know it.
This. ^^^^^

One summer we lived in tents at a state park. (Snowdale Park outside Salina Oklahoma) As kids we thought we were just doing something fun for the summer. Lived in tents in my grandparents backyard as well for a while. Again, didn't think anything of it. It was when we got older that we realized the way it really was.

We never had the toys and things that our friends had. Always envied people we knew. So I'd just accept I couldn't have those things and on occasion if it were possible for me to save up for it or wait a long time til Christmas (if the item was affordable for mom and dad) then that's what I did.

Which is the chief reason I cant' stand a thief. I can remember saving up or waiting til I could get something and being oh so appreciative of it only to have some lowlife mother*ucker to steal it from me. Even as old as 10 I can remember crying because my tape recorder was stolen. :( (One of those old ones that are mainly used to take notations but for me it was all I had to play music on)

Me and Bonnie started off with nothing as well. Bought old Plymouth Volarie as our first car in 1992 and struggled week to week. (I say struggled but we never went hungry, just didn't have many extras) In fact, just the other day we were telling our son how we can remember buying a plant or a cheap picture for the house and having my parents stop by to show them.

But, upflying is correct. Poor is a relative term. I always had my parents to lean on (though, thankfully we never needed to after using their car to get to and from work the first little while)

Me and Bonnie BOTH never had or used a home computer til 1999. It was an old shitty slow laptop. We bought our 1st PC in 2001. It's been a truly blessed and fast moving decade since.

Last edited by PQ; 12-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #36
simonmcnasty
The Juggernaught

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
You need to define poor. Poor means differnt things to people.
If you have a good family and friends, you are rich.
If you are in good health, you are rich.
If you are happy, you are rich.
Move to Somalia or Haiti to see what poor looks like.
If you have a tv, car, phone, food and housing, you are not poor.

+1
So very true

2010 IBM 2SS RS / LG G6X3 Cam / 1 7/8" Kooks headers / Hi-Flo Cats / ADM Cold air / Magnaflow 3" exhaust / UD Pulley / Sam Miller Tune / SAE 481RWHP 441RWTQ / Eibach Pro-kit / Eibach front and rear sway bars / Elite Catch Can / DRL Harness and AAC Plasma bulbs
simonmcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #37
jandaseve

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 1SS/RS Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
I grew up poor. I remember those large cheese blocks that tasted terrible (government cheese or something like that). It taught me I had to work to get anywhere. My kids have it a lot better but I make sure they learn the value of working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we were so poor that I thought the free cheese and peanut butter tasted good!
jandaseve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #38
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
When i was down and out in France, a few times, let's not count how many, I slept in whichever car I found unlocked in the street. All of 'em were bagnoles (working folks' cars, 'cause I knew that they'd understand what it is to be poor).

I got my trip together after a "routier sympa"(truck driver) got me inta' team drivin' with him cross Europe. It was cool for both of us; he spoke only French and Polish, me, I speak French, English and Spanish with some German and Italian thrown inta' da' mix. Hella great, it was!

Last edited by Ivas; 12-18-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Clarity needed.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #39
fastlane2010

Drives: 2010 camaro with fast lane stage 2
yeah most people dont understand poor to the point of how some people have lived to where like me i lived in a tent in arkansas the first 9months of me bing born and then we moved to a shack in shiloh village in arkansas and had a room room shack that we had our 9" tv plugged into our 74 gmc truck and watched it on the hood of it our fridge and stove where out side because no roomn in the shack lived that way till i was 6 and then moved to md where we lived in a 79 prowler camper and so on parents worked to jobs and basically had my older brother raise me but i was happy because didnt know otherwise

fastlane2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #40
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
And yet you're driving a 2SS?
Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #41
VADR_H8R

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss synergy green
I grew up as a teenage parent had to drop out of school to provide for my girlfriend and baby girl. So yeah I was pretty poor. but you know what?? gotta keep moving forward. Got my GED. went into the Army, got my head on straight. and over the years went from job to better job, always trying to better our situation. now 20+ years later I have a great secure job, bought a house, and got my dream car with my "then girlfriend wife of 20+ years" along with a set of twins to go with my daughter - who has a daughter now..... damn I am old... LOL
VADR_H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #42
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
Now that I have this SS, it seems I'm always broke, is that poor?
[SIGPIC]BMR springs/sways,CAI,SCT,Razzi, silver stripes, painted calipers, upgraded audio, Katzskin interior upgrades, 22" Lexani, SSW Headers and cats, MBRP 3" catback, gauges, CF wrapped lip spoiler and rear trunk insert, custom rotor and upgraded brake pads, side markers
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote