Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #99
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
No you should drop the gun then police tell you to.
You do realize how quickly you can be shot right??

And I'm betting someone called about this kid walking down the road with a gun. Yes people call 911 constantly.

We had a kid walking around with a pellet gun that was painted all black.. Him and his buddies. 3 of our guys come into the area, jump out of their cars with guns drawn and tell the kids to get on the ground.. Guess what the kids did?? Got on the damn ground and with a quickness. No one was hurt, gun was taken away from the kid.
Guess what happened a few weeks later? Call in the same exact area of a burglar with a gun.. Shots fired at the cops (my co workers..). Dude was 20 years old and is now in jail.
AK rounds that our vests DO NOT stop.

That gun, if it was real.. Would kill an officer wearing a vest. Would YOU be able to stop and think "hmm how old is this person? Could that possibly be a toy? Should I keep saying out it down until he does?"

Look up TX police shooting on YouTube. Officer tells the old man to put down his gun so many damn times it pisses you off.. Officer was killed. MANY of those videos out there.

My close friend was shot at a few weeks ago. He made a traffic stop and before he got even close to the car the driver shot twice at him, one hitting his side mirror right next to him. And I'm in a pretty calm area.

It's hard to judge when you aren't in that situation.
The kid was in the wrong for modifying his "toy" and not listening to the officer. Even with open carry laws you have to comply with officers!!! No one should want it any other way! Know what would happen if an officer stops you for open carry? They make sure you're legally allowed to have the weapon.. That it's not stolen.. And that you aren't wanted. Then you're sent on your way.

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #100
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_2SS View Post
So you got offended for him being in your opinion offensive...big deal. There was no overtone. It was pretty clear what he meant in a general fashion. Move along.
No...I'm offended because someone thinks they know where someone stands politically by their reply to this thread...which clearly they don't. And your instructions for me to "move along" has been duly noted and ignored...lol
Old 10-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #101
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
So can you not open carry in This State?

Maybe we should all paint an orange tip on our guns....
California...no.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #102
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmoke View Post
What's the proof to say they were right? I'm not trying to bash law enforcement or anything. But there are plenty of times when cops say one thing happened wheb reality was different. I feel a little more restriction could have been used in this case. They said he turned and pointed it at him. For all we know the cops yelled to him and he started to turn around cause for all we know he didn't know what they were yelling and the cops took that as him pointing the gun at them. In the end this is my opinion. The only thing that has bothered me is people saying this kid was stupid..it's his fault etc. the kid was 13 and is now dead. A little self control from people on the forums would be good too. There's most likely 100 more facts that are unknown. And as for it being modified, you can buy replica parts that are not* painted orange, pretty common thing.
I didn;t say there was. I was asking why you assume the negative. OK, fine, you have a 'maybe'. But you only seem to explore one side of the "maybes"

For all we know the cops yelled and he ran. Also for all we know, the cops yelled and he started aiming down the barrel.

If you do not know what happened, you do not know what happened, on both sides. You are talking about the side where the cops shot the kid in error and then lied. Now explore the other side with as much vigor, not just the side you think is what happened.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #103
Leo_black

Drives: 2013 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltuffgirl View Post
No you should drop the gun then police tell you to.
You do realize how quickly you can be shot right??

And I'm betting someone called about this kid walking down the road with a gun. Yes people call 911 constantly.

We had a kid walking around with a pellet gun that was painted all black.. Him and his buddies. 3 of our guys come into the area, jump out of their cars with guns drawn and tell the kids to get on the ground.. Guess what the kids did?? Got on the damn ground and with a quickness. No one was hurt, gun was taken away from the kid.
Guess what happened a few weeks later? Call in the same exact area of a burglar with a gun.. Shots fired at the cops (my co workers..). Dude was 20 years old and is now in jail.
AK rounds that our vests DO NOT stop.

That gun, if it was real.. Would kill an officer wearing a vest. Would YOU be able to stop and think "hmm how old is this person? Could that possibly be a toy? Should I keep saying out it down until he does?"

Look up TX police shooting on YouTube. Officer tells the old man to put down his gun so many damn times it pisses you off.. Officer was killed. MANY of those videos out there.

My close friend was shot at a few weeks ago. He made a traffic stop and before he got even close to the car the driver shot twice at him, one hitting his side mirror right next to him. And I'm in a pretty calm area.

It's hard to judge when you aren't in that situation.
The kid was in the wrong for modifying his "toy" and not listening to the officer. Even with open carry laws you have to comply with officers!!! No one should want it any other way! Know what would happen if an officer stops you for open carry? They make sure you're legally allowed to have the weapon.. That it's not stolen.. And that you aren't wanted. Then you're sent on your way.
+1 to all of that.

Those AK rounds are nasty. Terrorists use them, and no I'm not calling this kid a terrorist, but why else do you think soliders wear big, heavy steel plated vests? Cause kevlar will do nothing against a bigger round coming from a rifle. It gets tiring wearing all that weight of a plate vest too. Kevlar stop handgun rounds, pure and simple. If one shot got off from an ak the cop is gonne get messed up so in this instance he didn't take any chances. It's not practical for a cop to wear steel plate vests either so kevlar is the best most have available.
Leo_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #104
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
http://bearingarms.com/ten-seconds/
2SS/RS IBM * American Racing BLVD Wheels * 275/40 * 295/40 Toyo Proxes * Eibach 1" drop Springs * Elite Catch Can * CAI w/ scoop * CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift * APR Carbon Fiber Splitter * Sequential Tail Lights * MPD1 Spoiler * Hex Vents (CF dipped) * GFX Skirts * BBK SS Shorties * MBRP 3"Exhaust w/ X pipe * Solo Hi-Flow Cats *
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #105

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Even the headline from the linked article has sort of a "bias" to it....boy, shot seven times, pellet rifle....Puts the cops on the defensive right out of the gate...

How about a headline like..."Police shoot apparently armed juvenile who failed to follow commands to drop weapon, and aimed it at them"...???
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #106
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
How about the newest headline...

FBI to launch investigation as it emerges cops shot 13-year-old boy carrying toy rifle less than 10 SECONDS after first spotting him.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #107
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
With the way we treat our law enforcement, I can't imagine why anybody would go down that career path. You lay your life on the line every day and people are just waiting, salivating, for you to mess up so they can crucify you.

Not even saying these cops did mess up, but the way our society craves bad news is sickening.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #108
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmoke View Post
2 complete different situations?

One situation a kid walking down the street with a toy gun and the other a kid in the process of slicing someone? The two don't even relate.
The question I asked is how many shots should police fire at a child who is slicing someone up?? Some argue police should use restraint since they are only "children".
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #109
Leo_black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
How about the newest headline...

FBI to launch investigation as it emerges cops shot 13-year-old boy carrying toy rifle less than 10 SECONDS after first spotting him.
Or better yet. PARENTS! Stop blaming everyone else for your mistakes and actually parent your child and not give him/her outright or access to potentially dangerous items without first giving them some basic training.

Or how about: Police shoot teen carrying a toy AK-47, made specifically to look real, after disobeying police instructions and pointing it at said officers.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #110
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_black View Post
Or better yet. PARENTS! Stop blaming everyone else for your mistakes and actually parent your child and not give him/her outright or access to potentially dangerous items without first giving them some basic training.

Or how about: Police shoot teen carrying a toy AK-47, made specifically to look real, after disobeying police instructions and pointing it at said officers.
Nobody's kids are bad anymore. They all just have ADD or some other made up condition. Nobody is responsible for anything. Not parents, certainly not the children.

'Doc, I don't want to parent my kids, can you just drug them instead?'

Old 10-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #111
Leo_black

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Nobody's kids are bad anymore. They all just have ADD or some other made up condition. Nobody is responsible for anything. Not parents, certainly not the children.

'Doc, I don't want to parent my kids, can you just drug them instead?'

True. Everyone is so quick to blame teacher for a kid failing who didn't do the work. Or blame the cops for shooting a kid who put himself in a way too grey area.

And most of the time it's not even the kids fault. He/she probably was never taught by the parents not to do something that really should've been common sense. It's annoying how often people blame the kids for so much crap going on or how they act but take a look at their parents and how they were raised, or lack there of.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #112
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Takes less than 10 seconds for someone to turn around and point a muzzle at an individual.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote