Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
CAI and MRT 2.0 GFX Installed

Ordered Friday 8/31 around noon. CAI received Wednesday and installed Thursday evening. MRT 2.0 received Friday and installed this morning. CAI was an easy install as most everyone else can also attest to. I got a chance to drive it before installing the MRT and I could already tell a difference in sound. I got a local shop to install the MRT. They asked me about tips since this was the GFX version that only has a flare; not a true finished tip. So we first pulled the caps off of the original tips to see what they looked like over the MRT tip. They were a little large. Then they cut the tips off of the original mufflers (about 1.5" where it reduces diameter), put the cap back on and inserted that into the flare of the MRT (a perfect fit). We test fitted the entire assembly on the car and it looked great. The tips did not extend out past the bezel and centered up very nicely. So the original tip was tack welded onto the MRT flared tip and installation was finished up with full welds (no clamp). The sound is great. The car now sounds like it can really breath with less restrictions.

Now all that I'm waiting on is the LFX ported TB which is scheduled to arrive Monday 9/10.

A big thank you to everyone here who posts up their mods, opinions and suggestions; and to Chase at Apex who I ordered all of this through.
Attached Images

*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A

Last edited by Silent...; 09-08-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
ROADWAR
Dead Man Riding

Drives: 2012 1LT
Nice! That's what I want to do on mine as soon as I can.
Front Bowtie delete

Former Camaros:
1982 Z28 4 speed manual
1985 Z28 TPI automatic
1995 Z28 6 speed manual
ROADWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent... View Post
Ordered Friday 8/31 around noon. CAI received Wednesday and installed Thursday evening. MRT 2.0 received Friday and installed this morning. CAI was an easy install as most everyone else can also attest to. I got a chance to drive it before installing the MRT and I could already tell a difference in sound. I got a local shop to install the MRT. They asked me about tips since this was the GFX version that only has a flare; not a true finished tip. So we first pulled the caps off of the original tips to see what they looked like over the MRT tip. They were a little large. Then they cut the tips off of the original mufflers (about 1.5" where it reduces diameter), put the cap back on and inserted that into the flare of the MRT (a perfect fit). We test fitted the entire assembly on the car and it looked great. The tips did not extend out past the bezel and centered up very nicely. So the original tip was tack welded onto the MRT flared tip and installation was finished up with full welds (no clamp). The sound is great. The car now sounds like it can really breath with less restrictions.

Now all that I'm waiting on is the LFX ported TB which is scheduled to arrive Monday 9/10.

A big thank you to everyone here who posts up their mods, opinions and suggestions; and to Chase at Apex who I ordered all of this through.
Glad to hear your are loving your mods. Thank you for your business and the mention.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Silent...

And now Ported TB

Received my ported TB Monday and finally got a chance to install it this evening. What I refer to as lag in the lower end has been greatly reduced per my initial runs this evening. I'll be able to get more a feel over the next few days. Thanks again to Chase, Vmax and everyone else.

A couple of pics. Original on the left. VMax on the right.
Attached Images

*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Kevoscamaro

Drives: 2012 r/s
Wat brand Cai is that?
Kevoscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
Silent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoscamaro View Post
Wat brand Cai is that?
Cold Air Inductions

Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Kevoscamaro

I likey. Washer bottle still there? Oh yea I see it now. Looks real good. Scoop?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
Soon.....
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
Soon.....
Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent... View Post
Ordered Friday 8/31 around noon. CAI received Wednesday and installed Thursday evening. MRT 2.0 received Friday and installed this morning. CAI was an easy install as most everyone else can also attest to. I got a chance to drive it before installing the MRT and I could already tell a difference in sound.

Thanks for choosing Cold Air Industions Inc.! We are really glad to hear how happy you are with the product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoscamaro View Post
Wat brand Cai is that?
Let us know if you have any questions and be sure to check out our website. Thanks for your interest and take care!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
Kevoscamaro

[QUOTE

Let us know if you have any questions and be sure to check out our website. Thanks for your interest and take care! [/QUOTE]

Couple more things on truck then I'll be giving you a call 4sho.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
slicktempo

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I like the exhaust setup!
slicktempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktempo View Post
I like the exhaust setup!
The MRT V2 is very popular. Has a nice deep tone but isn't obnoxiously loud.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
RetPig

Drives: 2012 1LT RS, Inferno Orange Vert
I got the CAI. Now I am putting the $$$$ aside for the Proted TB and the MRT V2. Can't wait.

:flag2::flag2:
RetPig is offline   Reply With Quote