Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #253
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
Yes. This is higher end stuff. Chemical Guys, Pinnacle, P21S, Zymol, etc. They have a lot of other supplies as well (orbitals and polishers).

They have a site, but not all of the products are on there from what I can tell:
https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/home.asp
Damn, you beat me to the post!

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #254
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
Damn, you beat me to the post!
Haha, sorry! Good stuff there though. I'm going to pick up an orbital from there for the spring. The guys that work there are awesome when it comes to advice and tips.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #255
FASST 1

Drives: Black 1SS
Quote:
I have this terrible feeling that by the time they open the weather will turn to crap again
Yeah, bad spring last year then hot summer. That plus the days my car was in pieces equaled not many days at the track for me last year.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #256
cam99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASST 1 View Post
Yeah, bad spring last year then hot summer. That plus the days my car was in pieces equaled not many days at the track for me last year.
I couldn't get there to save my life last year. Same problems as you. went two or three times and it ended up cancelled right when it was supposed to open gates, and the car was always being worked on when it was open. finally went and the clutch slipped hellish bad on the first run. got a new clutch and sold the car before i went back

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
@ PRP with 1100DA
Old 03-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #257
FASST 1

Quote:
I couldn't get there to save my life last year. Same problems as you. went two or three times and it ended up cancelled right when it was supposed to open gates, and the car was always being worked on when it was open. finally went and the clutch slipped hellish bad on the first run. got a new clutch and sold the car before i went back
Sold the car? You don't have a Camaro now?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #258
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Autoality is nice...I miss the Ross Park store.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #259
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Accoring to their site, Test and Tune at PRP is each Saturday in April, then it reverts back to each Thursday. When does everyone generally go? I can't wait to get down the track!

My old "home" track, Beaver Springs Dragway (http://www.beaversprings.com/ if anyone is interested in perusing), had TnT each Saturday, so this "during the week" thing is new to me. Friday night's were street nights and were always packed.

I like TnT because I can get as many runs in as I want. I'd presume since they're on Thursday's that it's pretty easy to run as much as possible, no? Seems like a great excuse to use a vacation day

I'm also hoping to make it to BeaveRun (or whatever it's called now) at least once this year.

If anyone wants to set up a day to go to either track, I'd love to be a part of it.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #260
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Accoring to their site, Test and Tune at PRP is each Saturday in April, then it reverts back to each Thursday. When does everyone generally go? I can't wait to get down the track!

My old "home" track, Beaver Springs Dragway (http://www.beaversprings.com/ if anyone is interested in perusing), had TnT each Saturday, so this "during the week" thing is new to me. Friday night's were street nights and were always packed.

I like TnT because I can get as many runs in as I want. I'd presume since they're on Thursday's that it's pretty easy to run as much as possible, no? Seems like a great excuse to use a vacation day

I'm also hoping to make it to BeaveRun (or whatever it's called now) at least once this year.

If anyone wants to set up a day to go to either track, I'd love to be a part of it.
I'm sure I'll be out there with some friends as soon as it opens in April. I can let you know.

TnT can get crowded at PRP, especially if it's a nice day. In the past, they were a bit slow to clean up after spills and breaks. They've gotten better, but I've been there on nights where street cars only get 3 runs. I've also seen nights where street cars get 7+ runs.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #261
FASST 1

Based on my experience 3 passes is more common then more uless you stay until they close. I like Saturdays better, but last year I think the weather was good enough for only one day in April.

I would not mind finding another track with tnt on Saturday, but Beaver Springs is a little far for me.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #262
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Based on my experience 3 passes is more common then more uless you stay until they close. I like Saturdays better, but last year I think the weather was good enough for only one day in April.

I would not mind finding another track with tnt on Saturday, but Beaver Springs is a little far for me.
BSD is too far for me, too. The only way I'll end up back there is if I'm back home visiting.

I'm not familiar with tracks in Ohio, but 75-80 outside of Hagerstown, Maryland is probably the only other close track aside from PRP (still a 3+ hour hike, though).

Are you guys saying that even the Thursday test and tunes are packed at PRP?
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #263
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Yeah, even Thursdays are busy there.

There's Quaker in Ohio:
http://www.quakercitymotorsportspark.com/index.php
Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #264
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
I do Wednesday night Test n' Tune / Bracket racing at Thompson Raceway (Thompson, Ohio), but a good 3 or 4 hour hike from you guys (and a weekday). Quaker is close to where my parents live, nice track. I've never actually ran there though.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #265
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Jeez....QCR...haven't been there in years. Ever since it changed from NHRA to IHRA it went downhill. It was a very nice track back when my dad ran his Super Street Camaro in the 1990s. When it changed over to IHRA...we took our cars (Super Comp dragster/Super Gas Roadster) for a test and tune since IHRA never gave them a divisional race and it just wasn't the same anymore. They never really prepped the track well enough and the return roads and parking were....eh

Sad, cause that track is only about an hour from home.

As for Beaver Springs....gone there for a couple IHRA Divisional races. I dont' mind the track very much. I don't like having to back up a rail into the waterbox because of those sound boards. Very nice environmental there. When in the area, I'd prefer Numidia.

PRP isn't bad, if they would lengthen the top end. Can wear the brakes pretty good over a short time there. And until they do, they won't ever get a National Event there either. Its not regulation length in order to support a 300mph car.

Ohio guys....you know anything about Edgewater? Used to be a great track, had a fish sandwich thing Friday night after time trials were over for the D3 race, but I heard the owners have come upon hard times and the track has gone to crap.

Hagerstown..not a fan of. Drove all the way down there because my father needed his Super Gas license runs, and they wouldn't let us run because we didn't have mufflers. What race car has mufflers? Needless to day, not very accommodating. Ended up having to drive all the way down to Capital Raceway and that was a scary experience in itself. Having to lock your trailer up just to make a run? And shady home boys almost rolling their cars making accelerating left turns into the water box? My tip to you, stay away from there.

Last edited by Swacer; 03-16-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #266
cam99

Quote:
Sold the car? You don't have a Camaro now?
No I had an 03appointment cobra then. Bought the camaro after that

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
@ PRP with 1100DA