Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #253
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Hey Jeremy you ready for me yet. Can't sleep thinking of all that fun I will be having in a few weeks.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #254
lovesboost

Drives: soon to arrive 2010 rs/ss
are these shipping yet or are you guys just building them as they come? if i brought my car there do you guys do the install or would you recomend someone in the area that could do it for a good price?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #255
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
We are taking pre-orders and will be shipping them out in around 30 days. We have decided on the final price of $5999 in case you havent read through all these pages. This will be the price for the tuner kit and you will have to have the car tuned at your local tuner. Give us a call and we will put you on the list for the first few being shipped out.

We have a 6 speed arriving in a couple days. We will be installing a clutch on it and then our turbo kit. So if you would like to place an order, then please give me a call at the shop.

$5999 Bolt on over 200whp and even more torque!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #256
JTinFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesboost View Post
are these shipping yet or are you guys just building them as they come? if i brought my car there do you guys do the install or would you recomend someone in the area that could do it for a good price?
We will definitely do the install for you. If you would like, just give us a call and we can set up an appointment. We are just a few hours away from you and can install it in a few days once we have them in the box ready to ship. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #257
F-MAN-SS
F-MAN-SS

Drives: Blown 69' SS, 71' SS/RS 2012 ZL1
besides the tune what else will i need to complete the install? i'll also need the clutch?

Thanks
Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #258
lovesboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTinFL View Post
We will definitely do the install for you. If you would like, just give us a call and we can set up an appointment. We are just a few hours away from you and can install it in a few days once we have them in the box ready to ship. Thanks!
awesome! im assuming you guys would do the tuning then too if i had you install it? then i would need injectors. and most likely a clutch. we have some good tuners up here and i could install it but you guys would know better as you designed it
Old 08-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #259
JTinFL

Quote:
awesome! im assuming you guys would do the tuning then too if i had you install it? then i would need injectors. and most likely a clutch. we have some good tuners up here and i could install it but you guys would know better as you designed it
Yes, we have the best tuners here. We have our own clutch line coming out very soon that we will be doing a write up on later next week.

We can install it or you can install it to save some money. Just let us know and we will get you on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-MAN-SS View Post
besides the tune what else will i need to complete the install? i'll also need the clutch?

Thanks
Besides the tune, there will be nothing else needed to complete the install. We will have the clutches ready to ship as well. Give us a call this afternoon if you would like to setup the order so we can get you on the list.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #260
Black 2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
how does this turbo kit mount to the stock manifolds? do you have any pictures? what if i wanted to do long tube headers will it still mount up to that or not?
All of you guys asking about long tube hedders you need to understand how a turbo works. The hot side is mounted directly to the hedder and routed to the turbo. These are fixed locations if you move the out put location of the hedder the kit would have to be completely re-engineered. Plus the long tubes route farther under the car. It would take much more tubing to get back up to the turbo and in my opinion be very difficult to make it fit.

Also I know this is a long thread but before you ask a question you should read the entire thread. I see the same questions being asked over and over. These guys a busy enough don't make them answer the same question 20 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #261
lovesboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Performance View Post
couple quickies as i was drooling over this picture....i dont see the ac lines? did you guys delete the ac or do something custom? and do you have a better picture of the areas behind the headlights? looks like it would be really close if not completely loose the washer and coolant reseviors? i dont care about the washer but the coolant one i wanna make sure i have

when can we expect some undercarriage shots? i wanna see more!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #262
ls2 bait

Drives: 99 ss....yes its fast
Looking good guys. It was nice to see it in person. Sounded fast Now get her to the track and put the e.t. to match those dyno numbers! Any idea when you guys are going to take it out Tom?
Old 08-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #263
JTinFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls2 bait View Post
Looking good guys. It was nice to see it in person. Sounded fast Now get her to the track and put the e.t. to match those dyno numbers! Any idea when you guys are going to take it out Tom?
Hey man! Nice to see you on here. Unfortunately our play time was over with the short term shop car and we had to return it to its owner with new tires on it. Many thanks to the unnamed person who helped us develop this kit. We should be purchasing a new shop car here very soon though so we can keep playing around and bring some new parts out.

Be careful with that built LS and HUGE shot of nitrous. hehe

Quote:
couple quickies as i was drooling over this picture....i dont see the ac lines? did you guys delete the ac or do something custom? and do you have a better picture of the areas behind the headlights? looks like it would be really close if not completely loose the washer and coolant reseviors? i dont care about the washer but the coolant one i wanna make sure i have

when can we expect some undercarriage shots? i wanna see more!!!
Hey there, the kit comes with new AC lines that bolt right up and redirect the AC. The washer and coolant reservoir will both be moved. The coolant will be replaced with a nice polished aluminum reservoir mounted right behind that 4 inch polished pipe. The windshield washer will be mounted nicely up behind the front grill where you cant really see it.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #264
ls2 bait

Drives: 99 ss....yes its fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTinFL View Post
Hey man! Nice to see you on here. Unfortunately our play time was over with the short term shop car and we had to return it to its owner with new tires on it. Many thanks to the unnamed person who helped us develop this kit. We should be purchasing a new shop car here very soon though so we can keep playing around and bring some new parts out.

Be careful with that built LS and HUGE shot of nitrous. hehe

Haha....thanx. She will be ok, she was made for the gas!! Doubt i'll be on here much just wanted to check and see if there were any updates since i hadn't seen anything on the local forums. Now I know why haha. Tom's got the digits keep me informed. I'd love to see one on the track. Buy a 6 speed for the shop...it's the only way to roll
Old 08-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #265
Bungalowbandit

Drives: 2010 black 2ss/rs camaro
Are u guys gonna come out with turbo cams for this set up???
Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #266
pearlyellow

Drives: Chevrolet
I am in love

Closed Thread