Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
bmbl12m6

Drives: 2012 bumble bee
MEnMY B...Camaro4Life

A preface:
My obsession with Camaro started at a very young age thanks to my Grandfather. My favorite toy as a child was a RC 2nd GEN(79) Fbody toy car. I can close my eyes to this day and picture it.(30 years later)

At 16 I got my first Camaro, a Green 93 V6 Automatic. no pictures in digital format ATM. but here is a stock photo.

During the 4 years I drove the 93 around I also had an 81 Camaro Z28 that I was attempting to restore with some friends.
again there are no digital photos of that car.

This is what I was going for but never got.
The next Camaro I bought was an impulse buy. a Pewter 1999 LS1 SS. don't have any pic of that car because I Loved the car but hated how it looked. Didn't like the tan leather interior with the Pewter so I wasn't in the car long. Maybe a year. But this is what it looked like.

After that I got a little more serious. Got into a Sebring Silver 2000 LS1 SS that I named Silverstreak. It only stayed Silver for about 4 months until I shaved it and repainted it. That car got me an Award or 2.

Then I got married, sold that car(biggest regret so far), and other toys to pay for a house, as one does. Once we got stable I jumped into another 2000 Camaro because its all that was available since GM had discontinued the Camaro line for a bit. This one I named Red, and she was All go, unlike the all Show from previous.

Sold Red and got into a Tahoe(no idea why, no kids, none on the way), guess another impulse buy. But all was not lost. The wife scored an 09 G8 GT in Striker Blue, so I got to play with the Camaro a little before it was the Camaro.

And then the day came. When I was DONE driving an SUV, so I started browsing the internets. I came across an awesome deal on a 2012 SSRS TF edition M6, It was mine within minutes.

Love at first sight.

and this is where the "Build" begins!!!
bmbl12m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #2
bmbl12m6

The first thing to get done was a "proper" bath with some Adams Premium Car Care. I was a bit worried taking the car home because the stripes did not look good(2nd owner). Cloudy, swirled, and appeared as if someone waxed them on accident.

I was a little freaked out until I pulled out the Adams VRT. OMFG that stuff is AWSOME!!!

Yay, no more swirls.
and pics of the fresh and clean

Also showing up at the same time was a new fuel door from DefenderWorx, and some tail light films from PhastekPerformance.

Films

All before the paper tags even come off.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
bmbl12m6

Next up was the CAI from CAI, a WW relocation and a scoop.

Followed by some Borla Atak

LT headers also have been installed but I didn't do the install so I don't have photos, but will shoot some to edit in later.

Being used to Camaro and their Manuals, the next step was to shorten the shifter. For that I went with MGW.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
bmbl12m6

Next one was a freebie. had some Plasti-Dip leftover so I decided to paint the emblems to hold me over until I replace them.

Not too bad, leftovers from a $5 spray can.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #5
bmbl12m6

Next up was pedals from Drake.

and the remaining mods still sitting in the house waiting for the weather to get better and my time to free up.

more DefenderWorx

and then another $5 novelty buy lol

Last but not least the most current and up to date Dyno Sheet. Thanks to 21st Century here in Addison for the LT install and Tune. More to come from those great bunch of guys.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Great start to your build thread and amazing story man. You can truly say you are a camaro enthusiast with that line up haha. Cant wait to see more pics